• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Conquest!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I like the historical aspects of the game as well; I'm a big history buff.
Me too! I've started to like Sengoku Period even more after playing Conquest!

My progress in this game has been slow, however; I have had to spend so much time training and such that I have just now entered Year 3 and am STILL trying to defeat Pugilis, after taking them on I don't know how many times and losing EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME. Chrysalia and Violight were pushovers compared to this Fighting-type kingdom with its aggravating "hold banners for 5 turns" challenge. It's driving me crazy!!
Really? What team do you use beside your Eevee and Oichi's Jigglypuff?
And you don't need to hold the banners, just beat the enemy Pokémon =)
If I can advise you to do something, block them on the way to the main ring on that narrow path ;) You can beat them one by one =)
I don't want to boast but I've never lost a battle there =D It's one of my favorite kingdom since winning there is really easy =)

Still, I haven't given up on this game and am hoping that things continue to remain fun and interesting. I admit, I was a little disappointed by the Eevee "swarm event" (the only one I've done so far). I expected there to be a ton of Eevees there, but no, there were only FOUR, and I accidentally K/O'd one of them to boot, because it had been put to sleep by Jigglypuff's Lullaby ability and I couldn't link with it as long as it was asleep, so I attacked it to make it wake up.
It doesn't matter since you can only link with one Eevee...
But you are pretty lucky if you found Eevee swarm o.O I haven't found any Eevee swarms beside the one I made by using Password.

I've also stationed Warriors in all my castles with the intent of improving and training my armies as well as recruiting new Warriors and Pokémon. I do sometimes go on training things myself with whoever's in my army and have found various Warriors and Pokémon this way. Only mistake I think I made doing this was recruiting a Warrior with a Magikarp. Like in the main games, Magikarp in Conquest is absolutely useless, its only attack being Splash (which of course does nothing). The only benefit of this Magikarp is its "Gulp" ability, which allows it to regain a tiny bit of HP each turn if it's in water.
Try to battle with that warrior. Even if it doesn't do a thing, it still gets link =D
And Magikarp evolves pretty quickly and Gyarados is a beast, it will surely help ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Hello everyone. I am new here, but I wanted to jump in and start discussing stuff right away. I think this game is amazing :) But I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade my facilities! Does anyone know how? Also, I still haven't gotten a travelling merchant and it has been seven years! OH NO! I have like, over 100 000 dollars saved up now. Heehee! My favourite pokemon right now for the game is dragonair. So pretty....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
But I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade my facilities! Does anyone know how?
You need to visit the bank (it's a weird blue building in every kingdom).

Also, I still haven't gotten a travelling merchant and it has been seven years! OH NO! I have like, over 100 000 dollars saved up now. Heehee! My favourite pokemon right now for the game is dragonair. So pretty....
Wow, you are pretty unlucky o.O I've met at least one each year :D
And yes, Dragonair is cool, but evolve it into Dragonite and it will be a beast =D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've been wanting to buy it ever since I heard of it. This was when info about it was just being released in Japan and it wasn't localized as Pokemon Conquest yet. It looks pretty epic to me, and now I hear it's an addicting game I want to play it even more. I've never played any kind of turn-based RPG before so it will be a new experience.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
@Ash493
Yeah, I have gotton a few eevee events tho, so that makes up for it. (Only non-required in-game events I have had)Serebii was wrong tho >.< You don't always meet a travelling merchant once a year. Anyhow, Yeah, I am going to evolve dragonair ASAP because I love the evolution line. so much ^^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Ash493
Yeah, I have gotton a few eevee events tho, so that makes up for it. (Only non-required in-game events I have had)Serebii was wrong tho >.< You don't always meet a travelling merchant once a year. Anyhow, Yeah, I am going to evolve dragonair ASAP because I love the evolution line. so much ^^
That's cool, Eevee events are the most important =D
Even though buying Fireworks from traveling merchant is also good =D

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
I got a Dragonite. Easier thsn I thought it would be really. Little grinding was nedded. Heehee!!! It has a unique attack, it flies, (which is almost always a plus) It has AWESOME attack power, great hp, and mine has inner focus (protect from flinching) It really is a beast!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I got a Dragonite. Easier thsn I thought it would be really. Little grinding was nedded. Heehee!!! It has a unique attack, it flies, (which is almost always a plus) It has AWESOME attack power, great hp, and mine has inner focus (protect from flinching) It really is a beast!
Inner Focus? :/ So close...
I strongly believe that the best ability Dragonite can get is Confidence (which raises defense of nearby Pokémon)

AtomicDude

Atomic Dude
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
I've had the game for about a week and it's awesome. Not that I want to sound in anyway dissatisfied, but being a member of the hacking pokecommunity has made me think about how great hacking this game could be! I obviously want to beat it thoroughly before trying anything like that but I don't think there are any tools out there for it now anyhow.
But the Potential!!!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I started playing it two days ago and I'm instantly hooked. I've always been a fan of SRPGs, so I was pretty happy when I saw the first trailers for the Japanese version.

Grinding and linking is fun at the beginning, but I wonder what it'll be like after conquering 10+ Kingdoms and having 60 characters. How does the train option work? How much does it increase their link?

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
i love the game, but im having trouble unlocking masamune's episode. seribii says that you need to complete munshige's episode in order to unlock masamune's episode.but when i beat munshige's episode, i didn't unlock masamune's

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
From the moment I saw this announced at Jump Festa I was shocked and amazed. It seemed so weird and yet seemed to have potential. I played this now and found it a really good introduction into the SPRG genre at the same time giving Pokemon its boost in strategy depth. I really hope a sequel comes out for this game. It'd kind of suck if this went latent like Pokemon Snap (and as it seems to be) Ranger and Mystery Dungeon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Grinding and linking is fun at the beginning, but I wonder what it'll be like after conquering 10+ Kingdoms and having 60 characters. How does the train option work? How much does it increase their link?
Train option work but it doesn't increase that much...
But trust me, you won't need more than your main 6 in the main story.
It's all about Eeveelution and getting an interesting dragon for Okuni, you don't need anything else ;)

i love the game, but im having trouble unlocking masamune's episode. seribii says that you need to complete munshige's episode in order to unlock masamune's episode.but when i beat munshige's episode, i didn't unlock masamune's
You need to do more episodes to unlock Date's.
I believe you need to do Kanetsugu's one but well... you will need to do all the episodes anyway so Date's will unlock eventually as well =D
And... DON'T FORGET THIS!
You can evolve him ONLY in this episode. Date cannot be evolved in any episode but his.

blue

gucci
Years
I only got it yesterday and I'm actually really enjoying it! I keep finding myself having short breaks and then 10-15 minutes later I pick it back up and resume playing.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I've been playing it for about a week now and its very good but I don't think it's as good as a lot of people are saying. I find it rather repetitive and have to take long breaks to prevent myself getting bored with it.
Done the main story but actually never managed to get a warrior to transform. I'm on my 4th story now and getting a little worried I've missed chances...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
but actually never managed to get a warrior to transform. I'm on my 4th story now and getting a little worried I've missed chances...
You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013

You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.

ah, thanks.
I thought it was based on story progression/opportunities rather than links with certain pokemon.
A more personalized question now, what did everyone evolve Eevee into? I chose Vaporeon myself (hydro pump was amazing) but what results did you get from any of the others?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I chose Jolteon in the main story because I was bored of Eevee and was about to challenge Date's and Nene's kingdoms and both had flying types so Jolteon was pretty useful.

But by far the most useful is Glaceon. I've played Hero's episode with it and everything has fallen in defeat :D

blue

gucci
Years
I've got the Thunder, Fire & Water Stones so I do have the option but I'm trying to last out till higher stats to get Leafeon/Glaceon or Umbreon/Espeon.

Back