• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask a Dragon~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hello boys and girls, as with all the other threads here, feel free to ask me any question you want! First, a little info about me:

Name: Shawn (kind of funny to note that my mother wanted to name me 'Shauna' at first)
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario

Interests: Video Games. Mainly, my all time favorite series include the Tales series, The Fire Emblem series, The Legend of Zelda series, and the Phoenix Wright series. Of course, special mentions go out to Pokemon as well. People have often called me eccentric when it comes to science, which is true; I do love science, as it's considered to be my all time favorite subject. I also like to Roleplay from time to time, whenever my time allows it! I also do love to listen to some music, and watch anime~!

I do look forward on what you want to ask me. ^^

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
HI SHAWN!

Two questions I suppose for now!
1: Favorite LoZ game and why?
2: Favorite type of science and why?

Sirfetch’d

Do you enjoy your current job? If so what is your favorite part about it?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
HI SHAWN!

Two questions I suppose for now!
1: Favorite LoZ game and why?
2: Favorite type of science and why?

ema-confident%28b%29.gif

My favorite LoZ game is of course, Twilight Princess! I really love the dark style that they brang to this game, and I really hope that they will continue on with this style. The boss fights were all fun to play, and I really enjoyed the challenges that was in TP.

ema-thinking%28b%29.gif

As for my favourite science, I would say it would have to be Chemistry, since I really had no problem remembering all of the 'equations', and how to balance each equation. Plus, from high school, the lab work was also pretty fun; my favourite experiment had to deal with carbohydrates (in where we got to bake some banana bread a the end!).

Hi Shawn!

Do you enjoy your current job? If so what is your favorite part about it?

ema-normal%28b%29.gif

It's not too bad. The pay is good, and the experience is quite valuable. I really love how I got to experience how to help people with their overall satisfaction, especially working in an electronic store. Basically, my favourite part of working is, well, the work! The experience!

droomph

weeb
Years
Where does that name come from? I mean, especially since it's not personal (or if it is, I don't judge :P), it can't be from personal experience…

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why do you like science so much? You seem to really enjoy it, cause I noticed on Twitter you were happy Razor Leaf and someone else were discussing science!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Where does that name come from? I mean, especially since it's not personal (or if it is, I don't judge
12.%20tongue.gif
), it can't be from personal experience…

ema-normal%28b%29.gif

Oh, my username? Well, it actually comes from a Japanese show that was from 1979; it was called Yatterman. More specifically, my name is from a villainess named 'Doronjo'. You can say that she's essentially like Jesse from Team Rocket, but, she's more known for her vanity, intelligence and leadership, as well as a love for big, mechanical robots.

Why do you like science so much? You seem to really enjoy it, cause I noticed on Twitter you were happy Razor Leaf and someone else were discussing science!

ema-confident%28b%29.gif

Ahhhh, well, let me take you to a trip back to memory lane - my mother was actually science-woman herself, in where, she ended up taking a job as a nurse. So, I guess you can say science already sort of runs in the family! When I first piqued my love of science, it all started on Grade 6, where my first science project was to create an electronic 'circuit', from learning all about basic electronic waves, and circuitry. You can say that I didn't have a care about science back then, but, I did love working with hands-on things. Soon, my project was done, and surprisingly it was a lot of fun working with it!

ema-cheerful%28b%29.gif

Later on, at Grade 8, I've worked more in science labs and whatnot. It was also there that I found out more about the fundamentals of science. There were a lot of fascinating concepts!

ema-thinking%28b%29.gif

Fundamentals like... "Why is the sky blue? Where did babies come from? Why does it become morning and night?" Back then, I was very curious about the world we live in. Science seemed to hold all of the answers for that.

ema-normal%28b%29.gif

So basically, I love science because it can explain everything in life. It allows us to know where things come from and how we act, and so much more! Plus, it is neverending, meaning that there is always something new to discover because the topic of science is so huge. <3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Chemistry itself has several subdivisions like physical, organic and inorganic chemistry. Which ones of them were your most and least liked and why? ;p what other kinds of fascinating experiments did you perform? I mean all I've done till now is boring stuff like some titration, identification of functional group from an organic compound and salt analysis. Nothing interesting there. ;;

also, this is sort of random but what are your thoughts on the big three of anime world?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Chemistry itself has several subdivisions like physical, organic and inorganic chemistry. Which ones of them were your most and least liked and why? ;p what other kinds of fascinating experiments did you perform? I mean all I've done till now is boring stuff like some titration, identification of functional group from an organic compound and salt analysis. Nothing interesting there. ;;

also, this is sort of random but what are your thoughts on the big three of anime world?

ema-cheerful%28b%29.gif

I learned more about organic chemistry, and it's the one that I like the most. I see that it's more creative because it deals more with structures and properties, and the fact that with organic chemistry, we can create new molecules never before proposed which, if carefully designed, may have important properties for the betterment of the human experience!

ema-confident%28b%29.gif

I often wildly thought about what would happen if there were chemical changes in fats, so that they would be more healthy than they actually are, and they can be more... portable! If only I had someone to experiment with...

ema-thinking%28b%29.gif

I haven't payed much attention to physical chemistry, though. I like it, but, that stuff deals more with Physics and Math when I studied it. But, I wouldn't say it's my 'least favourite', it's jsut, I haven't learned about it as much.

ema-notes%28c%29.gif

As more my latest experiment, I've worked with different properties of urine. We basically worked with different compounds and elements to see the different types of reactions they had with each type of urine.

ema-disappointed%28b%29.gif

Ugh, but I didn't like it. Even talking about it reminds me of the horrid smell, and the rancid types of urine. I mean, there was even green urine! Like, were we testing the urine of ogres???

ema-notes%28c%29.gif

About the big three; Well, I do watch all three of them. I don't watch or read Bleach much anymore, but I do hear that the series is picking up back now, which is good, because I used to think that Bleach was getting really, really repetitive from their arcs. Beat soul - Save girl. Naruto? Well, I do read the manga, and the anime as well. I think the series is getting a lot better than I remember it from the childhood days. It's getting really, really dark, and well, darkness is always good, imo!

ema-confident%28b%29.gif

I watch One Piece too after a friend recommended me to it, as I was watching an anime called Fairy Tail, and it's pretty amazing! I hear that Toonami is bringing it to their station, which I can't wait for that! So yeah, basically, I think the big three of the anime world is pretty good, but, you know, it's okay if someone doesn't much care for them, because people have their own opinions, right?

ema-mad%28b%29.gif

...Which brings me to a mini rant; I really can't stand some people's attitude on where they believe that "fans that love the big 3 are not considered by standards true anime fans". I see this all the time, and it just... annoys me. There are tons of users out their that love the big 3 and also watch quite a lot of other series as well.

ema-confident(b).gif

I have seen quite a variety of different anime series myself, and I still love Naruto and One Piece to this day. For me both of these shows hold true value to me, because they Hunter X Hunter and they are mostly what got me started into the anime medium. So, yeah. Excuse the little ramble.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What do you think your biggest contribution to PC (other than being a mod) has been?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Random question why do you response to questions using Phoenix Wright characters? i've notice you do this in for intro threads on EGC too.

What's it's like working at Best Buy? Do you like it?

Random question 2, where's you'd get the thread title from? Just wondering cause it seem familiar.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
SHAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~~~~~:DDD

Fave colour?

Puppies or Kittens?

Fave Food?

Best Moment in Life?

Worst Moment in Life?

Views on the Battle Server?

Fave section in PC?

Siblings?

Fave mall?

Fave store?

Fave Recipe?

Fave Food?

Fave Fruit and Veggie?

Fave MMO?

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Views on Politics?

Why do you like using Female Forumsets? :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What do you think your biggest contribution to PC (other than being a mod) has been?

ema-thinking(b).gif

I... really don't think I did anything that required any notice or award, other than, you know, being active on the forums. Honestly, I really don't like to talk about myself in this way, because, I firmly believe that if you do something right or contribute, you don't do it to get appreciated or reconginzed, but, you do it, because it's the right thing to do, you know? But, if I have to say, I guess maybe helping out others whenever possible would be my best contribution.

Random question why do you response to questions using Phoenix Wright characters? i've notice you do this in for intro threads on EGC too.

ema-confident(b).gif

Well, you can say that I've adopted this to my own personal posting style. It's good to stand out from a crowd, and do things your own, fun way. I do it mostly on intro threads, just to give the new people I've meet on a sense of, 'hey, you'll feel right at home here!' by posting in a semi-comedic style. If that makes sense!

What's it's like working at Best Buy? Do you like it?

ema-normal(b).gif

I've answered this before, but, It's not too bad. The pay is good, and the experience is quite valuable!

ema-thinking(b).gif

Is it the best job? Well, obviously not. For one thing, sometimes I get really, really crazy customers that failed to follow the 'rules' like, you can't return something without a reciept. I've got tons of stories for this, but, I'll save them for another time.

Random question 2, where's you'd get the thread title from? Just wondering cause it seem familiar.

ema-cheerful(b).gif

Have you watched Super Friends? The Legion of Doom is basically a villain group set to destroy the Super friends and rule the world. Basic villain stuff! They have a secret hideout in where this narrator always announce..

ema-pumped(b).gif

MEANWHILE AT THE LEGION OF DOOM! Striking fear and excitement for all those young viewers out there!

SHAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~~~~~:DDD

Fave colour?

Puppies or Kittens?

Fave Food?

Best Moment in Life?

Worst Moment in Life?

Views on the Battle Server?

Fave section in PC?

Siblings?

Fave mall?

Fave store?

Fave Recipe?

Fave Food?

Fave Fruit and Veggie?

Fave MMO?

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Views on Politics?

Why do you like using Female Forumsets? :3

ema-confident(b).gif

My faovurite color is green, I think puppies and kitties are equally cute, my favorite food is Grilled Lobster Tail, my best moment in life is meeting you, my worst moment in life was when my parents got separated, I personally think that our battle server is really fun, with a great cast of members, my favorite sections in PC are the Roleplay Section, the Video Game Section and the Pokemon General Section, I have no blood-siblings, but, I have 2 half-brothers and a half-sister, my favorite mall is the Yorkdale Mall, my favorite Store is Best Buy, my favorite recipe is Breaded Shrimp with spicy Thai Sauce, my faovurite fruit is Tangarines, my favorite vegetable is carrots, my favourite MMOs are World of Worldcraft and Ragnarok..

ema-thinking(b).gif

I like to roleplay, play video games, and write in my spare time, I don't necessarily care for politics..

ema-serious(b).gif

...And it's not that I only like female sets, it's just, the sets that I found that are appealing usually turn out to be female. Phew.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I love your posts on the Game forum, by the way. You really keep it interesting, and I think it's become my new favorite section in a way thanks to it. Do you have a background in games, or is it just a topic you love to study up and talk about? If you could make games, would you? And what position would you take?

Keep on keeping on, dude.
nerdb.gif

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Are you back on this account for now on or are you just using it for the supporter perks to test out this forum?

ema-confident(b).gif

I'm back on this account from now on. I guess I just got more attached to this one. :3

Are you a religious person?

ema-normal(b).gif

Nowadays, I'm not exactly religious, but, I've been taught Christianity when I was about... 9 years old? My aunt and a few cousins were actually pretty famous church singers! So, I guess you can say Christianity belief runs in the family.

ema-thinking(b).gif

Well, I, myself do believe in God, but, I just don't believe that we should only rely on God for personal needs and hospitality, you know? We should make things happen on our own.

I love your posts on the Game forum, by the way. You really keep it interesting, and I think it's become my new favorite section in a way thanks to it. Do you have a background in games, or is it just a topic you love to study up and talk about? If you could make games, would you? And what position would you take?

Keep on keeping on, dude.
nerdb.gif

ema-cheerful(b).gif

Thanks! I do love the posts that you make around there too!

ema-confident(b).gif

Now, I see that Video Games are a nice way to support unity and connection between people, you know? When I was young, my first game was Ice Hockey for the NES, and I used to play with my dad all the time. That was the first actual time that we bonded! Unfortunately, my dad and mom are now divorced, and he now lives in Toronto somewhere, but, I'll never forget the bonding that we did, playing video games. <3

ema-normal(b).gif

Ultimately, video games are a nice hobby for me. I do like to study up on the old, classic video games like the video games for the Atari, the Commodore, and the NES (because those are the games I've grew up with), and see that newer doesn't always equal better. If that makes sense.

ema-confident(b).gif

I'd make video games if I could! Though, I think my field would more be suited for field testing for bugs and other problems, or general animating.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Shawn, if you could visit any place in the world, where would you go, for how long, and why?

Could you walk us through a day in the life of yourself,

What is something you look forward to doing in the future and why?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

What is your favorite pokémon?

Do you consider yourself better at pokémon battling than I am? xD

What are some of your favorite roleplays you have been part of at PC?

Do you like me? y/n

Back