• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Does somebody know how to edit the text from prof oak in the intro from Leaf Green?
use advance text, and you should search before posting this question...I'm sure there's some sort of tut in the document and tutorials section.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script?
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $agenttalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0xD 1
setflag 0x200
release
end
#org $done
message $agenttalk2
boxset 6
release
end
#org $agenttalk
$agenttalk 1 = Ssh! Stay down! \v\h01.\pHere, take this!
#org $aidtalk2
$agenttalk2 1 = Be careful!

I want the character to give me a potion, but instead the screen goes pink. For some reason none of my scripts work properly (this is Pokescript by the way).

You may want to try the Script Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2009
But then i have to add everything in pieces and it still isn't really complete. Is there an other way?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Does anyone know how to hack the font in FireRed? I'm trying to make my tool be able to load the in-game font for the preview screen, and I know where it is in Ruby, but I can't seem to find it in FireRed.

School days again...
Years
1. How can I insert tiles with more than 16 colors?
2. How to index tiles?
3. How to insert and change the battle backgrounds in Fire Red?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
But then i have to add everything in pieces and it still isn't really complete. Is there an other way?
Actually you can search for any text in game and change it, so it is complete, anyhow I'm pretty sure you can do it by either a script editor, or hex...that's all I know off, so I can't help you anymore than that A-text is the way everyone does it...

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
How can you make a patch file out of a edited hack?
And when I open my hack in PokeTEX, it goes not responding, which is annoying, but it works with a clean rom.

One more thing, wheneven I try to edit my game with tools, I get all sorts of errors, but basically none of them work.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How can you make a patch file out of a edited hack?
And when I open my hack in PokeTEX, it goes not responding, which is annoying, but it works with a clean rom.

One more thing, wheneven I try to edit my game with tools, I get all sorts of errors, but basically none of them work.

You can use Lunar IPS (LIPS) to make patches.

I don't know, because I've never used PokeTEX, nor do I know what it is. :x

Yeah, that last part wasn't really specific at all, so I can't help you there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
You can use Lunar IPS (LIPS) to make patches.

I don't know, because I've never used PokeTEX, nor do I know what it is. :x

Yeah, that last part wasn't really specific at all, so I can't help you there.

Thanks, what I meant for the last bit was that whenever I try to open my hack in most tools, such as Evolution Editor DP, or any that use the actual rom, I get runtime errors. I can use the tools that only need the .narc file though.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
How do you post pictures for your Rom Hack? And how do you make support banners?

well open VBA click file then screen capture, save the file and upload it to places like imageshack, as for support banners i don't get your question how to link them or generally make them? just search make a banner/support banner in Google.

Thanks, what I meant for the last bit was that whenever I try to open my hack in most tools, such as Evolution Editor DP, or any that use the actual rom, I get runtime errors. I can use the tools that only need the .narc file though.

get a clean rom and apply the ips again mybe?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
get a clean rom and apply the ips again mybe?

I can't, it's my own hack, so there is no ips. The only thing I can do is start again, I guess.
It's on Diamond by the way, if that makes a difference.
I've started again more than once, and it always come to this.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Oh :P
Well is there any way to change the script?
Or at least change the starters? DP Starter Editor didn't work for me.

Locate the scripts in a hex editor and then alter them.

I'll ask again, does anybody know where I can find Enrico Marini's revamped G/S trainer sprites?

Someone please help me.

I see, but that would only work for three different areas, wouldn't it?

Nope, there are more spare map names than just them. And you can overwrite any others that you won't use.

1. How can I insert tiles with more than 16 colors?
2. How to index tiles?
3. How to insert and change the battle backgrounds in Fire Red?

You can't insert anything that's more than 16 colours (15 colours + background colour)
Index tiles with Irfanview, use google to find it.
Find the backgrounds with unLZ GBA and insert your own and make the tilemap with NTME, Cyclone or PTC and then insert it and try it out in-game.

I can't, it's my own hack, so there is no ips. The only thing I can do is start again, I guess.
It's on Diamond by the way, if that makes a difference.
I've started again more than once, and it always come to this.

Maybe you overwrote something in the ROM Header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back