• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #74] Pokémon Kyanite - Sneak Peek released

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Long time no see... XD
Alright, I have a special update coming for the 28th of december. That is because the 28th is my hacking anniversary.

A small teaser:
Afbeelding10-23.png
Afbeelding12-18.png

Come back on the 28th to find out what my special 1 year anniversary update is about.

Sarcastic Prince: Any help fixing my grammar and spelling mistakes is appriciated. English is not my native language, so I am bound to make mistakes every now and then.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Sarcastic Prince: Any help fixing my grammar and spelling mistakes is appriciated. English is not my native language, so I am bound to make mistakes every now and then.

Okay. When you're almost done with the Beta, send me your patch and I'll fix up the Grammar Mistakes and
Beta Test for you in no time.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Long time no see... XD
Alright, I have a special update coming for the 28th of december. That is because the 28th is my hacking anniversary.

A small teaser:
Afbeelding10-23.png
Afbeelding12-18.png

Come back on the 28th to find out what my special 1 year anniversary update is about.

Oooh, this looks interesting. Dizzy Punch, that sounds awesome. Did you edit egg moves, or just the moveset?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Long time no see... XD

A small teaser:
Afbeelding10-23.png
Afbeelding12-18.png

Wow.
Do you get the shiny magby from the people in the logless cabin?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
It ain't the 28th december just yet, but anyway: here it is, the special 1 year hacking anniversary update.

The offical release of the first Kyanite beta
Afbeelding2-34.png
Afbeelding3-36.png

What did the shiny magby and the logless cabin have in common? Nothing more than they both are in this beta :P

Have fun, report any bugs, and (better late than never); merry christmas and a happy new year.

EDIT: IMPORTANT v1.1 of the beta is now available to download:
Beta v1.1

The PokéCenter heal script acted really weird when you tried to heal. Very odd because it was the original, unedited version of the script. Anyway, I made a very simple heal script to replace it.
Most of the spelling/grammar mistakes will be fixed in v1.2, as the main purpose of this new version was to make the pokécenter work again.
Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Yay, the beta's here!
Well, I found some bugs like Movement Permission errors and some grammar mistakes, but the grammar mistakes are going to be fixed by Scarcastic Prince, right? I also found a major bug while battling prof beech's son, do you know of it?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'll help you correct the Grammar Mistakes now.

And I'm goin' to make it better.

Edit: For some strange reason, I can't open the IPS File for reading.

I wonder why? Can you upload a new version please?

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Yeah, I am very predicatable, but here it is: version 1.2 fo the first beta. One of the last versions, I promise. What did I fix? Spelling mistakes (thanks Laidjon) and a nicer PokéCenter heal script (thanks Quil). If you played one of the earlier versions, this version can be skipped.

Download beta 1.2

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update
Afbeelding4-34.png
Afbeelding5-30.png

Afbeelding8-28.png
Afbeelding7-28.png

1. New tiles for the mart. Made by me.
2, 3 & 4. Vending machine: insert some money and who knows you'll get. There are common items (70%), uncommon items (20%) and rare items (10%). You might make a profit with one of the rare items. *wink*

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Vending machines?
Sounds good, maybe you can add 5% for super rare or something?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
This is pretty cool. I actually had pretty much the same idea awhile back, but wasn't sure how to implement it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
No offence, I don't really see anything on the screenshots that inspires me to play this hack. Maybe try something more original, more areas?

Years
Alright, I have been watching the forums for years and finally decide to make an account because this project looks just too damn cool to be true, it seems someone other has similar ideas to mine to make a pokemon game extremely fresh again. The game looks nice according to screen shots, but now I will download the beta and I will inform you if I will find any bugs. I will try to inspire you with some of my ideas ( there is probability that you have already thought of most of them though). But that can wait untill I have cheked the beta.

I have only one question, where does the beta end?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Alright, I have been watching the forums for years and finally decide to make an account because this project looks just too damn cool to be true, it seems someone other has similar ideas to mine to make a pokemon game extremely fresh again. The game looks nice according to screen shots, but now I will download the beta and I will inform you if I will find any bugs. I will try to inspire you with some of my ideas ( there is probability that you have already thought of most of them though). But that can wait untill I have cheked the beta.

I have only one question, where does the beta end?
After you beat Beeches son at cayon city.

Years
Okay so few mistakes what I have found are:

1: When speaking with your father he says altough at somepoint in the confersation maybe you wanna change it to although.
2: When you set on your journey he gives you PokéballS, maybe you should change it to Pokéball's and maybe even mention the ammount of Pokéball's obtained, also when he give me a potion I accually got 5, maybe you wanna change that.
3: In your room, there is a PC, however it seems that it won't work. Maybe you don't wanna give user access to it you could at least mention, broken or in system is in maintenance. Maybe you should do a miniquest to obtain access to PC.
4: When having a first trainer battle the one who explains is professor Oak. You may wanna fix this.
5: When asking about alternate colours Beech tells about Yellow Lickitung and green muk, Muk should be spelled with a big M.
6: The boy just outside of Kyanite's Pokémon gym tells us about 2 Pidgeys and how they are different, how ever the word does not show completely, we can read only differ.
7: Close the house that rejuvinates your Pokémon there is a few bushes that you can't enter.

That's about all I could find, this is nice start and I hope to see more one of the best hack ideas I have seen.

Question 1: When did you think that first gym challenger would show up? After you beat your rival and go back to home to inform Kyanite's father would be good time to have a first challenger, and I hope there are lots of challengers.

Question 2: Pokémon League is mystery for me, can even gymleaders enter, and will you have all your challengers there and have a tournament like matchup they have in anime, and winner can challenge the Elite Four and finally the Champion. Or are you planning something else? Well gym battles of course, because main character will be challenged a lot I think :P

Suggestion 1: Maybe beetween those citys there could be a few trainers.

Suggestion 2: Make Rival's Pokemon lot's of stronger, lvl 10 - 15 would be good, lvl 5 was a sweep with my level 12 Cyndaquil.

//Thankz, chrunch btw//

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back