• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
OOC: Cool. We have enough. I edited my last post to include my sign-up information, as well as who has been accepted. :]
For your first post, I'd like you all to make your way to Pallet Town. Once everyone has made it there, you will receive your starter Pokemon. Feel free to mingle with each other until then. That will allow you to decide whether or not you want to travel with each other, or travel alone.
Also, for everyone who had hoped to get a certain starter and didn't (sorry! I tried to match everyone with their partner based on their sign-up!), never fear! You can catch them! But...make sure it's believable. I don't want anyone finding a Piplup in Viridian forest. It is, however, plausible that a Turtwig would take up residence in the forest.
---
"Pidgey! Pidgey!" The alarm clock emitted a loud screech in the ear of a rather moody blonde. The girl simply pulled her comforter over her face, curling up into the fetal position. It was her sorry attempt to ignore the alarm. After a mere minute of torture, she slammed her hand down on the off button, head still buried in the rumpled sheets.

It wasn't that she didn't know what day today was. No, she was perfectly aware that she was to travel to Pallet town today. Well whoop de do. Was it worth losing sleep over? The digital clock read 8:00 on the dot. An extra three hours would be nice. Though, she would be lying if she said she wasn't excited to see which Pokemon would be hers. Her imagination wandered. Maybe she'd get the powerful Totodile! Or the cute Piplup! Just not a fire Pokemon, please, she thought. Fire Pokemon were okay and all, just not exactly what she hoped for.

Eventually, she swung her legs over the side of her bed. Her teal eyes moved to the mirror on the back of her door, taking in her disheveled appearance. She couldn't help but giggle at the sight. Her bangs had shifted position in the middle of the night--they now had taken up residence in the middle of her face. The mascara she had abstained from removing was streaked down her creamy cheeks. Oh, was she ever attractive this morning.

As the scent of pancakes wafted into her bedroom, she felt her stomach protest. She needed food. "Not until I look pretty," she mumbled softly. Stumbling into the bathroom, she washed her face with care before reapplying the heavy black makeup. The makeup, coupled with the lack of sleep, made her eyelids seem to weigh a million pounds. She stripped herself of her pajamas, replacing them with a pair of jeans, as well as the oversized tube top that fell to mid thigh. In fact, she occasionally wore the tube top on its own. The Ugg boots were the finishing touch--once those were on, she plodded down the stairs to consume her breakfast.

Once the food was in front of her, she realized she was hungrier than she initially thought. The pancakes were scarfed down in mere minutes. "Oh, Kat.." her mother chuckled. Kat smiled and kissed her mother on the cheek. They had held a goodbye party the night before so that there was no need today.

"No tears, 'kay?" Kat said, offering a small smile. "You know how long it takes me to do my makeup." Inside, the blonde was scared. She wanted to stay with her parents, with everything she knew. Her mom nodded, as did her dad. Giving them both hugs, as well as their fair share of kisses, she prepared herself to go to the station, where she would board a bullet train. The thought disgusted her. Public transportation was so beneath her.

I can't believe I'm finally leaving.. she thought, a twinge of remorse hidden behind excitement. She took her seat on the train. Though the ride lasted only one hour, it seemed to take an eternity, and then some. The more she thought about it, the more excited she became. Chikorita...Squirtle...the possibilities were endless. Rumor had it, Professor Oak was even giving away a Pikachu. Pikachu would be exciting. It was one of the cutest Pokemon, after all.

Finally, the train stopped in Viridian City. A short walk, and she would be ready to receive her Pokemon! The short walk was anything but. She did, however, get a good look at some of the Pokemon she could catch. Though, the selection was decidedly unimpressive.

Of course, she was the first to arrive. That would make the wait even longer, since she had to wait for the slowpokes to arrive. The impatient Kat took a seat on the steps and crossed her arms, silently pouting. A frown caressed her face. She was not happy. She wanted her Pokemon now.

Last edited:

Lash

Years
The sun rose and shone beautifully over the region of Kanto. Reflections of the light glistened off the water. In a pond outside of an industrial town by the name of Viridian. Out of the water jumped a Pokemon by the name of Goldeen. The sunlight shone behind it- a perfect Kodak picture moment.

A small ways off from the pond was a small house, surrounded by grass and trees. This place was the Viridian City outfields. The only sound for the moment was the wind blowing softly against trees and bushes, until the sound of a guitar mixed with vocals coming from the house with an up going beat sounded.

"Make it a dirt dance floor again!
Say your prayers and stomp em' out when they bring that chorus in!
I bleed it out, digging deeper just to throw it away! I bleed it out, digging deeper just to throw it away,
Just to throw it away, just to throw it away, I bleed it out!"

Those lyrics were heard coming from the house, and the time was 8:04AM. The music was coming from a radio, that was turned off when a blonde boy of 14 turned a switch on the radio to stop the music. This was his wake-up alarm. He stepped out of bed, and began walking out of his room, grabbing multiple articles of clothing off of a stand near a door that leads out of the room.

This boy goes by the name of Marcus. He walks down the hall out of his room, and into a bathroom. He grabs a comb, and puts water on it. Holding the comb with his right hand, Marcus began stroking the comb through his hair, styling it to be freestyle with few spikes. In the bathroom, he was only wearing shorts, and no shirt- those being his pajamas. Once he was done styling his hair, he dropped his shorts, grabbing light blue Levi pants. He quickly puts those onto his legs. He slips his feet into two red and gray colored shoes, which are already tied and easily slipped on.

He raises his arms, putting a gray colored shirt on. Marcus slips this on quickly, dodging his hair, not to mess it up. Right after, he slips on a black jacket, leaving it open as it has no buttons or zips up. He takes one look into the mirror, saying, "You are ready for this dude."

He runs down the hall, taking one look into his room. Leaving his radio at home, not like him, Marcus's adrenaline is pumping wildly. He quickly jolts out of his empty house, but runs into his two friends named Hunter and Kris at his door. The three fall and have a laugh, but the laughing ceases as the one named Hunter speaks up.

"Dude, we brought you going away gifts. We know you are going on a long journey. Here you go man- A pair of black, fingerless gloves and a map of this region."

He says, as he hands Marcus a pair of gloves and a rolled up map. Marcus quickly slips those on, and holds the map in his right pocket. Kris speaks up,

"Same here, man. Here is a black hat, and a backpack for you."

He hands Marcus a backpack, and a black hat. Marcus smiles, fitting the hat onto his hair, and slipping the map into the backpack, and onto his back.

"I'm gonna miss you two."

He says, happy with his gifts. A few hugs are passed around between the three, as Marcus looks back at them while heading out to Viridian City, and to Pallet Town. It takes him mere minutes, due to his excitement to leave the outfields and into Viridian City. He arrives near the end of Viridian City, seeing the small, yet filled Route 1. He walks through there, looking from side to side at all the Pokemon- Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, and many others. With a smile on his face, he marches onwards.

Minutes pass by as Marcus departs the route, immediately seeing the Pokemon Research lab belonging to Professor Oak. He runs there, opening the door. He takes a look to the side, seeing an impatient looking girl already here. He walks along, taking one glance at her.

"Hey there. You here for a Pokemon too?"

Marcus said, as he sits down three or four seats away from the girl. He, too waits for the Professor to show to get his starter Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ooc: Kat i have to ask lol, is your trainer pic, you?

The sky was speckled with fluffy white clouds as they drifted carefree in the skies above. The wide expanse of blue sky met with its rival blue expanse, the ocean. The waves lapped gently against the front of the boat as Fen on the front point of the deck, dangling his feet carelessly over the edge. He sat with his arms resting on the railing as he looked off into the never ending body of water he was traveling through with lazy half opened eyes.

The ship he was on, the S.S. Marine, was a simple, small boat, suitable for roughly a dozen passengers. It had already been 4 days since Fen had left Dewford Island to become a pokemon trainer after leaving his prestigious high school in the forests near Fortree city. Fen sighed heavily as the flashback of his angered parents rung through his head.

"Fenra Kurai! I can't believe you're throwing your life away like this! Battling Pokemon?! this is obsurd!" His mother's voice was sharp and ear piercing.

"But mom... its what i want to do! A chance to REALLY showcase my critical thinking skills... Come on dad, tell her! Can't you guys just let me go?!" He pleaded

"Ask your mother." His dad responded while reading his newspaper, uninterested in the conversation.

Fen quickly dispelled the flashback, shaking his head quickly and blurring the scene out of his mind. He looked towards the sky, then pulled looked up to the sun, attempting to judge the time.

"Hm... roughly 8:30am... We should be arriving to Pallet Town in a matter of hours..."
Fen thought to himself relieved. He smiled to himself, ignoring all the thoughts of his home back in Dewford and the stuck up school he would have normally been stuck in. He leaned back, laying on the warm wood of the deck and stared into the sky, watching the clouds float by and listening to the water.

"What kind of pokemon would be perfect for me... Theres the 3 types... fire...water... and grass...Hmm... fire is too... straight forward...water maybe? Water flows in many shapes and forms...and has many possibilities of attack and defense... but theres the problem of water getting out of control... like a raging river... no thanks. Grass...a nice gentle element of nature. Moves at its own pace, doesn't let anyone else control its movements... Grass simply grows and bends with the wind but doesn't give up its position. The ability to be flexible yet still aim towards its main goal. Perfect... a grass type... thats what I want..." Fen laid smiling. Satisfied at his deductions. He was ready to be a pokemon trainer.

"I'm ready to be a trainer... but is the world ready for a revolutionary style of battling..." Fen couldn't help but crack a bigger smile as listened to nature only to be interrupted by a loud intercom.

"We will be arriving in Pallete Town in roughly 45 minutes. Passengers would you please prepare for docking by collecting all your belongings. Thank You"

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
"Oha, Ai-chan!" he beamed as he burst through his sister's bedroom and collapsed on top of the piling heap made up of sheets and his sister's sleeping form. "Today's the day!"

His sister's response was quick and to the point, since she was the type of person to take her sleeping seriously. "Get off Ko-chan..."

"But nee-chan, Makiko-san's already gone to work, you have to help me get ready."

"Oh alright!" his ruffled and now quite pissed off sister replied, throwing her weight against her crushing sibling. "Now get off me! Go and get changed already..."

"Roger!" he chirped as he picked himself up from the floor after being tossed away by his sister's usual morning mood. "I'll see you at breakfast!"

With that, the blonde haired mop-top gave his grumpy counterpart a small wave and a cheery smile before disappearing down the hall, where he soon began to busy himself with making his own preparations for the day.

From the still warm yet sprawled sheets and covers of her bed, his sister slowly sat up in her place, rubbed her eyes and tried to gather her thoughts. Was it really that day already? It had come so quickly that she didn't even recognise how much time had passed since her brother first made the announcement of his journey; his very first Pokemon journey. But unbeknownst to him, she had her own plans as well.

~

Sliding into his seat, Kozue enthusiastically surveyed the spread his sister had prepared for them for breakfast, and it was definitely a sight to behold. Two piles of buttered and jam spread toast, a couple of garnished omelets, six strips of bacon, two bowls of cereal, two glasses and a jug of orange juice, and two serves of freshly prepared fruit salad, decorated the now dwarfed dining table that occupied their kitchen.

"Wow Ai, this looks great!" he praised with utmost appreciation, his eyes glittering as they scanned the tabletop. "You've outdone yourself...all this is just for me?"

"What are you kidding?" his sister replied with an expression directly opposing her brother's as she stifled a yawn. "I have to eat too you know..."

"Well it looks great, thanks a lot Ai!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

~

"You know, you should really dress in the clothes I gave you last week, they look a lot cuter than what you're wearing now," his sister began, as she stepped back to take in her brother's get up. "Although I have to admit, you can still pull off one pretty looking girl."

"I thought you said you'd stop calling me a girl already," he huffed at his sister as she gave him a not-so-gentle slap on the back, "it makes me uncomfortable..."

He often tended to ignore his sister's teasing, but every once in a while she still managed to get on his nerves, especially when it concerned his appearance. Not only did he have enough trouble trying to make his natural femininity look more manly, but his sister's compulsive infatuation with making him cosplay in girl's clothes didn't exactly help him either.

"There!" she exclaimed as she backed away from her brother's scalp after grooming his morning pressed hair. "Now you look cute."

"Don't say that Ai," he said with a flush, "it's embarassing..."

"Oh calm down, you look fine," she said with a carefree wave before sliding out of the room, "now get your things ready, your ship's leaving in like fifteen minutes..."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he exclaimed, tripping over himself as he scurried to the corner of his room in an effort to salvage his belongings. "I have to make this trip!"

~

"Well, I suppose this is it..." she muttered as she stood on the edge of the wooden dock next to her fourteen year old brother as he prepared to leave. "You take care of yourself Kozue."

"I'll make sure I do," he replied with a subdued smile as he struggled between his building excitement for finally starting his journey and his leaving of everyone he loved, "and make sure you tell Makiko I said goodbye and that I'll miss her too."

"Alright," she said with a sincere smile, "good luck out there Ko-chan and stay safe."

Kozue nodded before embracing his sister in a last hug. "Watch out for me, I'll make sure I become a master!"

With a last wave, the blonde haired trainer-to-be picked up his belongings and hopped aboard the departing vessel that would take him to Kanto, where he would meet his first Pokemon Professor and find out what his prize would be.

"Look after yourself Ko-chan, don't make us worry about you or I'll have to punish you when you get back!" his sister called from the passing dock.

Stifling a giggle, Kozue leapt up against the ship's railing to wave off his sister with a final smile. "Don't worry about me nee-chan, you'll see me soon!"

~

With a heavy thud, Kozue dropped his single strap shoulder-bag over the ship's side before hopping over the railing and landing on solid ground. After spending three days traveling all the way from Hoenn, he had finally arrived at Pallet Town via Route 21, north of Cinnabar Island. He had finally made it, the place where he would start his very own Pokemon journey.

"Well, let's get going," he beamed as he picked up his bag and left the dock, "now, to find the Professor Oak!"

OOC: Heh, sorry for the drawn out post, most of it's just unnecessary background banter, but I thought it'd be interesting to write. XP Oh and commander1, I think you were declined, so please don't spam the thread, sorry. :3

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
OOC: Commander, I think I might report you. You were denied. That means you're not allowed to play the RP. Either edit your post and start using grammar or leave this thread alone.

Also, I'll post later on for my story, I have just had an absolutely amazing idea which means I'll have to delete my two page post... Oh well.

Trainer Kat

Years
OOC: I wish. O.< Click.

Sharpay: Could you add more to your personality and history? It's just a tad skimpy. Also, I will need to see an example of your style.

Phanima is right, commander. You didn't sign up properly, and script form isn't acceptable. Please don't post here again.

It was as interesting to read as it was to write, Phanima. :]

Degenerate has informed me that he won't be able to start for another week or so. In that case, we will receive our Pokemon once everyone other than him has started. We'll catch him up somehow. :]

Also, one thing. If someone says something to my character, I often paste that line into my post, just because I find it's easier for others to read.
---

The wait was unbearable. She couldn't be the only one who decided to show up, could she? Or maybe she got the wrong day? Kat was getting antsy. She wanted her Pokemon. She wanted to catch other Pokemon with her Pokemon. The more she thought about it, the more excited she became, and the more excited she became, the less patient she was. Finally, a boy appeared. Her fears were washed away, only to be replaced with a bit of annoyance. Why couldn't he have gotten here sooner?!

"Hey there. You here for a Pokemon too?" Marcus said, as he sat down three or four seats away from the girl. He, too waited for the Professor to show to get his starter Pokemon.

The blonde resisted the urge to snap at him for being later than she. He had arrived merely a few minutes after her, and now he had to wait for the others. If nothing else, she wanted to make the time alone with him as comfortable as possible--awkward silences were not her style.

"Mmhm." She nodded, turning to face him. "I'm Kat Lee." The blonde managed a small smile. "What kind of Pokemon are you looking to get?" She asked.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
In all fairness, the day wasn't going well for a mister Noah Fowl; he had overslept, missed his mom that left for work, meaning he couldn't get a lift to his destination, the laboratory, where he would aquire his first starter Pokemon. That, in turn, lead to him sprinting through various streets in order to arrive as early as he could.

So, although he was out of breath and panting harder than he ever had in his life, he was just outside the laboratory, and he wasn't late, at least, that's what his watch told him.

He realised the door was on the latch, he pushed it open and walked inside. He was in a small enough room, there were a few seats and two people were already sitting down. A waiting room.

He had heard a blonde-haired girl say something as he entered the room; "I'm Kat Lee."

He sat down beside her and allowed his charisma to shine through; "my name's Fowl, Noah Fowl, and I'll be your guest this evening."

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
The S.S. Marine gently floated into Pallete Town's shores after a long trip. Packed with his messenger bag and all his belongings, he stepped onto solid for the first time in days. A gentle breeze greeted him as he surveyed the town's layout. He squinted at the town, unimpressed.

"So this is the famous Pallete Town? hmpf" He said to himself. "Now... to find that laboratory..." Fen said with a slightly bored tone.

He wandered the town for a short while before he found the ONLY large building in the entire town. A small crowd was gathering outside of it, most likely people waiting to see the lucky trainers earning their new pokemon. There were news crews, children, and parents alike. All very eager to watch the new trainers start their adventure. Fen walked through the crowd to the gates of the lab and stepped through. The crowd gasped at the him walking in and he could hear them from behind.

"Is that one of them!" a voice called.
"Oh he's so lucky!" he heard another one say
"Excuse me! Excuse me! Young man, might we have a word for the news report?!" He heard a reporter yell from behind him.

Fen turned around and smiled at the crowd, and was immediately greeted with cameras shoved into his face. He merely gave a 'peace' sign and smiled, turning around again and heading into the lab.

Upon stepping into the lab, he instinctively yawned and stretched, quite well aware that he was running at least 20 minutes late. He looked over to see some other trainers had of course already arrived. He looked at them through half closed eyes and finally commented.

"So.... am I in the right place to get my starting pokemon...?" He asked, pretty sarcastically.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
A boy had just burst through the door before the blonde could reply, so Noah turned around and said in a cool tone; "no, this is where you order candy from Candy Mountain. Of course this is where it is; why the Hell do you think the reporters are outside?" Noah turned back to the girl that still hadn't introduced herself before turning around once more. "I am fully aware, of course, that you were being sarcastic, but I hate people that think they're cool when really they're idiots."

Noah proceeded to open his blue Adidas bag he had carried with him, so he could take out a drink of water. When his thirst was quenched he threw the bottle back inside his bag and sighed. "When is Oak going to give us our Pokemon?"

Trainer Kat

Years
"My name's Fowl, Noah Fowl, and I'll be your guest this evening." Kat turned to see a boy in the chair beside her. My...guest...? Before she could respond, another boy entered. A glance at the clock dangling ominously on the wall revealed that he was more than 20 minutes late.

"So.... am I in the right place to get my starting pokemon...?" He asked, pretty sarcastically.

"You're late," she said quietly, rummaging through her side bag. She had an overwhelming urge to open the pocket containing her Camel 9's. Instead, she emerged with cherry lip gloss and a pocket mirror. Carefully, she applied the lip gloss. One quick check of her heavy black mascara was done before the mirror was snapped shut, and both it and the lip gloss were deposited back in the bag.

"I'm Kat Lee." She said, glancing from Noah to Fen. "Remember it, because I'm going to beat all of you eventually." Turning her attention back to the blonde who had entered moments after she, Kat patted the seat beside her, the one that was currently not occupied by Noah, prompting him to scoot down.

---
OOC: Ha, my dialogue tends to be short. O.< When more people are here, I'll start posting longer.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Fen yawned while the boy talked to him. Quite rudely actually. Fen scratched his head in confusion at what he had done to spark such instant hatred from the boy. His thoughts were cut short by a girl a few seats down who interrupted.

"I'm Kat Lee. Remember it, because I'm going to beat all of you eventually." She said arrogantly towards Fen. He scratched his head again in confusion. He hadn't even been to the mainland for 15 minutes and he already had two people who housed apparent malice towards him. He cocked his head to the side and rubbed his chin, thinking for a moment.

"My names Fenra... Fenra Kurai. Good luck in your quest to defeat me, but thats a rather bold statement, considering you know nothing about my person nor my battle skills, experience, or styling. At the moment there are over 800 battle scenarios that could occur within our first match alone that I'm sure you haven't even taken the time to consider nor were you aware of. I'll be looking forward to our battle indeed." Fen said to the girl.

He yawned heavily again and shifted his gaze through tired eyes to the rude boy next to her. He spoke in an almost monotoned 'stoner' voice "And you... popular psychology author Winston Siegfriend studied a case much like you in 1983 for 10 years. He concluded that instant, unprovoked anger and rudeness directed towards a newly introduced person is a classic sign of insecurity within one's own person. Further more, your showing you have no interest in making decent conversation shows your social skills as lacking as well. The typical person with any social grace would have at least introduced themselves before proclaiming their insult, as the young lady over here did. And to complete the further inspection of your character... drinking water after saying something of great malice towards another. An instant sign that you do not possess the vocabulary or proper mental strength to put forward an argument if the person replied with their own comment of malice. So you attempt to shut down the conversation before they have a chance to respond to your rudeness. I believe my character analysis on you is finished. Proper conversation etiquette states that you have no place in the conversation to respond to me angrily. As you initially prompted the ill will in your previous statement and I was merely countering your comment in defense. "

Fen finished and reached his hands behind his head and talked back to the boy as he walked over to inspect the pokemon monitoring equipment.

"That author was Winston Siegfriend, I assume you've already forgotten the name. He released 5 books before his death, but two of those are only available in the Canalave Library. Remember, the names Fenra Kurai, just drop my name over there and they'll have no problem loaning you the books. Now if you don't mind, i'll be terminating this conversation." Fen said as he leaned over inspecting more of the pokemon equipment lining the walls of the lab.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
IC: Noah had been waiting for the girl to reply; "I'm Kat Lee." She said, glancing from Noah to Fen. "Remember it, because I'm going to beat all of you eventually."

Noah thought about the comment for a few seconds before saying; "that's quite a statement, coming from someone I've never met before. Making yourself out as an elitist is never a smart thing to do, especially not to complete strangers. That's why I like you." He grinned.

"My names Fenra... Fenra Kurai. Good luck in your quest to defeat me, but thats a rather bold statement, considering you know nothing about my person nor my battle skills, experience, or styling. At the moment there are over 800 battle scenarios that could occur within our first match alone that I'm sure you haven't even taken the time to consider nor were you aware of. I'll be looking forward to our battle indeed." Fen said as Noah listened, suddenly interested by the conversation.

So this kid thinks he knows everything about battles, hm, I wonder what his story is.

Before Noah had time to speculate the boy was talking to him; "And you... popular psychology author Winston Siegfriend studied a case much like you in 1983 for 10 years. He concluded that instant, unprovoked anger and rudeness directed towards a newly introduced person is a classic sign of insecurity within one's own person. Further more, your showing you have no interest in making decent conversation shows your social skills as lacking as well. The typical person with any social grace would have at least introduced themselves before proclaiming their insult, as the young lady over here did. And to complete the further inspection of your character... drinking water after saying something of great malice towards another. An instant sign that you do not possess the vocabulary or proper mental strength to put forward an argument if the person replied with their own comment of malice. So you attempt to shut down the conversation before they have a chance to respond to your rudeness. I believe my character analysis on you is finished. Proper conversation etiquette states that you have no place in the conversation to respond to me angrily. As you initially prompted the ill will in your previous statement and I was merely countering your comment in defense."

Noah nodded, amused by such an intellectual reply. "Ah, but trying to show that you know more than most people, and, quite obviously as well, is a sign that you have an attention problem. Coming to conclusions such as what you said above when you don't know me is extremely rude as well, and makes me think you're quite obnoxious, because, Fenra, for all you know, my dad could've died today, and I'm just in a bad mood."

OOC: Also, Kat, you made a mistake with your tenses in your first post of the RP, I just thought I'd point it out.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
OOC:

The wait was unbearable. She couldn't be the only one who decided to show up, could she? Or maybe she got the wrong day? Kat was getting antsy. She wanted her Pokemon. She wanted to catch other Pokemon with her Pokemon. The more she thought about it, the more excited she became, and the more excited she became, the less patient she was. Finally, a boy appeared. Her fears were washed away, only to be replaced with a bit of annoyance. Why couldn't he have gotten here sooner?!

"Hey there. You here for a Pokemon too?" Marcus said, as he sits down three or four seats away from the girl. He, too waits for the Professor to show to get his starter Pokemon.

The blonde resisted the urge to snap at him for being later than she. He had arrived merely a few minutes after her, and now he had to wait for the others. If nothing else, she wanted to make the time alone with him as comfortable as possible--awkward silences were not her style.

"Mmhm." She nodded, turning to face him. "I'm Kat Lee." The blonde managed a small smile. "What kind of Pokemon are you looking to get?" She asked.

Yep, you switched from past tense to present tense there.

Trainer Kat

Years
OOC: OH. I thought you meant my actual first post (the one on the first page). haha yeah, I just took that directly from Lash's post. I'll go change that now.

IC: Noah thought about the comment for a few seconds before saying; "that's quite a statement, coming from someone I've never met before. Making yourself out as an elitist is never a smart thing to do, especially not to complete strangers. That's why I like you." He grinned.

Kat merely blinked at him. "You're certainly...er...forward..." She smirked. "Especially coming from someone I've never met before," she finished, inwardly pleased by her imitation of the boy.

"My names Fenra... Fenra Kurai. Good luck in your quest to defeat me, but thats a rather bold statement, considering you know nothing about my person nor my battle skills, experience, or styling. At the moment there are over 800 battle scenarios that could occur within our first match alone that I'm sure you haven't even taken the time to consider nor were you aware of. I'll be looking forward to our battle indeed." Fen said to the girl.

The boy then proceeded to offer Noah his rebuttal, during which he examined some of the machinery around the perimeter of the room. Kat grinned. Fen had been here for less than five minutes, and already he was proving to be a worthy adversary. "Well then, Mr. Kurai, looks like we have ourselves a challenge."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Fen's ears almost seemed to tingle at the sound of the boy's response.

"He lacks even the simplest ability to analyze basic social order...Quite an interesting kid." Fen said to himself as he turned to the boy and walked towards him. He leaned in close, inches from his face and looked into his eyes with an almost hypnotic stare. "Hm... and yet you have no Neanderthal like qualities as I originally assumed... Interesting..." Fen said, having completely ignored the boy's attempt at a counter insult. He slipped a note pad out from his bag and began scribbling notes retaining something close to Possible Neanderthal like brain frequencies and lower than normal brain capacity. He eyed the boy up and down and scribbled a few more notes and placed the pad back into his bag and clicking his pen closed. He stood straight again, pleased with his analysis.

He remained silent for a moment while pondering the scenario once more, rubbing his chin, his head was currently a whirlwind of thoughts and calculations as he reached into the inner reaches of his mind, still trying to figure out what he had initially done to generate such anger from the boy. The earlier comment while inspecting the machiney of the lab popped back through Fen's mind.

"Ah, but trying to show that you know more than most people, and, quite obviously as well, is a sign that you have an attention problem. Coming to conclusions such as what you said above when you don't know me is extremely rude as well, and makes me think you're quite obnoxious, because, Fenra, for all you know, my dad could've died today, and I'm just in a bad mood."

"Hm... that statement... could hold more clues to his primitive nature..." Fen said to himself in a low, intrigued whisper. He was now completely immersed in thought and plopped down on the ground cross legged, looking up at the ceiling dreamily while his mind strained to generate results.

"Father could have died... the odds of that happening on this day... are minute at best... Which could possibly generate such a large level of ill intent on a certain uninvolved individual, possibly the first to enter the door, which would be me in the current scenario. Yet judging by character analysis once again, he seemed to be in a typical situation with the girl before my entrance... it just doesn't appear to line up... The Father thing continually recurs through my mind what is it what is it. Siegfriend once stated another case which commonly used over active bluffs in a 3rd response of ill will. But the behaviour was mostly noted among Primeapes and Mankeys when communicating angrily about food and shelter... intriguing. Yet this boy... it makes sense! He made the same angry assumptions and retaliation a typical Primeape or Mankey would have! The only clause-able solution is that this boy must have been raised by Primeape! Or even some sort of Primeape/Human hybrid! Interesting! very very interesting!" Fen sat contemplating hard and thinking aloud, ignoring the other members of the the room, absorbed in his own theoretical world.

He instantly pulled his notepad out upon reaching his Primeape conclusion and began to write furiously, looking to the boy, then back to his note pad, writing more. He suddenly stopped and looked at the boy again.

"Hm... I don't know his name...Mankey boy... will prove adequate for now." He said thinking to himself some more. "You just earned yourself a new traveling partner, Mankey boy. I'll study you until the ends of the earth if thats what it takes to find out what makes you tic. This is awesome. Siegfriend, i'll make you proud!" Fen exclaimed in a new found excitement.

Degenerate

Immortal
Years
Acknowledge Me!

-OOC-

Looks like I have time to spare! Yay! I might as well make my first post.

-IC-

The door to the laboratory burst open unexpectedly yet again as another late comer made his way into the building. He was a tanned boy, sporting a dazzling green, spiky Mohawk, perhaps the most colourful article in the room. Several other kids who appeared to be more or less of his age group were already in the lounge, exchanging words amongst themselves. Patrick rationed that they must've been like him, here to receive their very first pokémon, they didn't look very experienced after all. Would they be his competition, or his companions? Much remained to be discovered. He suddenly remembered that barging into a Pokémon Laboratory and not introducing oneself was no way to make an entry, and a late entry at that.

He strode to the centre of the room confidently, swinging his arms and shoulders as if he owned the place.

"Yo guys, I'm –"

But his introduction was cut short when he realised no one was even paying attention to him. Oh, how that hurt his ego … he put a hand over his heart melodramatically as if attempting to stop it from bleeding. Someone was going to pay for stealing his limelight! He was the one who arrived fashionably late, he was the one everybody was supposed to turn their attention to, he was the one with the big guns for arms, and he was the one who was supposed to have the floor! But instead, some puny looking kid wearing a baseball shirt and rather suspicious looking tight jeans continued ranting on about some dead guy who authored a few books that nobody probably even cared about. And then something about monkeys? Was this guy serious?

When the kid's mouth finally stopped running, Patrick tried to introduce himself once more, in a calm and natural voice. "Hey, guys. My name is Pa-"

His attempt was interrupted again when another boy, with similar colour hair to his own, responded to the kid who had been ranting on previously. No one was acknowledging his presence in the room! Infuriated, Patrick walked to the closest wall in the laboratory, gritting his teeth and balling his fists.

"AHHHHHHHH HIYA!"

With a loud battle cry, he launched a devastating headbutt to the wall in front of him. His hard cranium collided against the interior with such a force that it caused incredible damage to the wall, leaving a huge hole at the point of impact. Finally, everyone seemed to be silent for a moment. The sounds of the wall's paint crumbling to the floor were audible to every one in the room. Now, with the attention on him, hopefully, he cleared his throat and turned to the crowd, seemingly unaffected by his little attention-seeking stunt.

"My name is Patrick Pitter." He paused, scanning the faces of the people in the room. "And that's all I wanted to say."

He walked away from the scene and into a secluded corner. He constantly peeked over his shoulder to make sure no one was looking. When he was confident in his isolation, he rubbed his forward gently, as tears forcefully made their way down his face.

Wow, that really hurt.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
OOC: Evkay, your post are the funniest I've seen for quite a while.

IC: Noah smiled at Kat in amusement as the boy, Fen, began to make the most over the top calculations he had ever heard.

"You just earned yourself a new traveling partner, Mankey boy. I'll study you until the ends of the earth if thats what it takes to find out what makes you tic. This is awesome. Siegfriend, i'll make you proud!" Fen exclaimed in a new found excitement.

Noah sat back in his chair. "Tell me, have you ever had an actual Pokemon battle, or have you just read the books? Because, calling me Mankey Boy, which, unfortunately for you, has affected me emotionally, and I'm taking it as an insult. You may be a child prodigy, you're certainly making yourself out to be one, but, lets see if brains can help you beat me in a Pokemon battle. They can't, because you've never battled with a Pokemon before, you may well have used your parents' Pokemonfor practice, but I'll ignore that option. So, as soon as we get our starters, do you want a battle, so I can prove that I was raised by humans, that were once asked to be the owners of a Pokemon Gym in Goldenrod City, or will you come up with some logical excuse as to why we shouldn't battle, in order to not be seen losing to someone that was apparently raised by a Mankey?"

Noah rubbed his hand through his blue hair as he waited for the pompous boy to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back