• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have questions that need to be answered right away!

1. In the english version of Over World Sprite Editor, I want Brock's sprite to be a metal sonic sprite(for my game), but the problem is, I don't have the right colors! How can I change the colors?

I'm pretty sure you gotta go to pallete # and look through them...some sprites can only have a certain # of palletes.

2. I want to change Brock's battle sprite, you know, when you battle him? I want to change it into Metal Sonic, but when I go to UNLZ.gba, replace brock's battle sprite with metal sonic, I check the game, and it didn't work! I go to PET to change the battle sprite, but it says it's not supported, when it was before! Then it says sonething like pokerom.ini and then it says go to RSball to raw dump the trainer sprite, but rsball doesn't work! Help!

What rom are you using? Remember Leaf Green doesnt work with RS Ball..

3. Can I hack music into a game, for example, replaceingTrainer Battle music with Erazor's theme?

I think so you have to use sappy

THX!

My response in bold :) I'm not sure on the music thing but you can try it...

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
i'm looking 4 a pokéscript-command/script/ASM-dunno-what to make different choices and do different events depending on the choice. anybody can help? (some kind of boxset? if possible, then just an "If LASTRESULT..." can do the 2nd part of the script... like the yes/no boxset 5, but with "A","B","C"... as choices)

can u help?

and another thing:
-how do u edit the truck start in R/S? i want to start in another map/place/tile. what i've to edit? which script/offset/??? ?

thanks everybody i love you all XD

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
OMNIPOTENT: I think u have to use a program called Starter Map Editor to start in a different place... And i want to know how to do OMNIPOTENT's first question?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2009
I have managed to make my pichu bros by overwritting the picture for dragonite. but now i cant stop it from being called dragonite and it also has the pokedex entry of dragonite. also, how can i stop the menu symbol for pichu bros from being a dragonite? please help

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have managed to make my pichu bros by overwritting the picture for dragonite. but now i cant stop it from being called dragonite and it also has the pokedex entry of dragonite. also, how can i stop the menu symbol for pichu bros from being a dragonite? please help

Okay I can honestly say I'm not sure wht you're talking about but here's what i gathered You removed Dragonite from the game and replaced it with Pichu Bros, now you want the name to be Pichu Bros instead of Dragonite?
to change it's name and POkedex Entry use this:
Spoiler:

to change it's Icon use IconEd also found at WAH

~Happy Hacking

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2009
Okay I can honestly say I'm not sure wht you're talking about but here's what i gathered You removed Dragonite from the game and replaced it with Pichu Bros, now you want the name to be Pichu Bros instead of Dragonite?
to change it's name and POkedex Entry use this:
Spoiler:

to change it's Icon use IconEd also found at WAH

~Happy Hacking

wow thanks thats a great help. i dunno how to make it work thou and its all in german which doesnt help. what do i use on the amplifier to change its name

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
wow thanks thats a great help. i dunno how to make it work thou and its all in german which doesnt help. what do i use on the amplifier to change its name

when it opens it should say Name Changer nner the left jut open that and click the top bar (I think at first it says abilities I.e. Drizzle & Stench) and scroll down to Pokemon. The names should be in english...thats considering when you installed it they gave you the choice of English over German and you clicked English. Just double click the POkemon's name and there should be a little space in the center rewrite the name in hit Enter
Note: You letter limit is 11

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2009
when it opens it should say Name Changer nner the left jut open that and click the top bar (I think at first it says abilities I.e. Drizzle & Stench) and scroll down to Pokemon. The names should be in english...thats considering when you installed it they gave you the choice of English over German and you clicked English. Just double click the POkemon's name and there should be a little space in the center rewrite the name in hit Enter
Note: You letter limit is 11

yay thankyou it works. i have one more question. this iconed i have now, i need to change the icon for tropius into the icon for pichu. is there a way to just copy the image of pichu or do i have to rub out tropius' design and draw pichu bit by bit?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
yay thankyou it works. i have one more question. this iconed i have now, i need to change the icon for tropius into the icon for pichu. is there a way to just copy the image of pichu or do i have to rub out tropius' design and draw pichu bit by bit?

No prob.:) about Iconed i never used it before but i'll try it later and i tell you how it goes but there should be a way to do it without drawing out Pichu bit by bit

psyduckmaniac

Yes.I've played pkmn dungeon 2
Years
  • E4
  • Seen Jun 13, 2008
ok i need help. can someone tell me how to look at/open/edit a script in the game by using its offset? what im basically trying to do is look at the shiny gyarados script from shiny gold. if you don't know how, could someone tell me the script for the shiny gyarados from shiny gold thx!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
ok i need help. can someone tell me how to look at/open/edit a script in the game by using its offset? what im basically trying to do is look at the shiny gyarados script from shiny gold. if you don't know how, could someone tell me the script for the shiny gyarados from shiny gold thx!

There's a tutorial here. Use the search function next time.

Axaj

Mi estas tre epiko.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
When I change the world map with Elitemap, how do I edit the positions of the cities/towns/pokécenters?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
HELP

when i create a new map i also want to add a new route to it how do i do that. this is using eltie map pokemon ruby

Years
ok well that tutorial is too confusing i saw it before o just simply want the script..but thans for the help anyway
oh ya i need it for pokescript

Well, you need to do all of that first, because who have to shiny some parts of the ROM with the hex editor and then instead of writing the script in hex you can use a script like this. But if you don't do the other stuff first this script will either, not work at all or give you a normal Charmander.
Code:
CODE  
#org $start
checkflag 0x200
if b_true goto $done
callasm 0x71B771
nop
givepokemon 4 5 0
message $take
boxset 6
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x200
callasm 0x71B771
nop
release
end

#org $done
messag $hi
boxset 6
release
end

#org $take
$take 1 =Here, it looks like there is\nsomething wrong with this Charmander.\pYou take it.

#org $hi
$hi 1 =Hi

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Uhm, i dont get your question johnlycett x_X
Anyway,
Aeonos (aka. Aeonmaster) is working on a 07 version.
I cant say soemthing about teh 07 version, because i am one of the testers.(i dont share it x_X)

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
I have a problem... I read all the tutorials on how to use pokescript and i followed all the instructions but when i put in a script and load it to a npc the game just goes into a red screen and freezes. ive tried messing with the unknowns and person id but nothing really changes.. does anyone know a way to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
here is the script I was using and the rom is fire red
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back