• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Torzach: The Legend Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
You probably have no idea what a good job you did.
Keep up the excellent work and I'm sure it'll lead you to significant progress!

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Just here to post that we have been making great progress ^_^

A few notes on our progress:
- We are remapping our maps (as former fans may have noticed from the screenshots, and I must say they look a lot better :) ), remapping is going quite well, as we have already finished up to Mior Canyon (and for those wondering, yes these are totally new maps :P )
- Eventing is going quite slow xD, but meh, we have about half of the scripts we had in our hack implemented into the game already...
- The Pokemon Graphics we had have all been inserted.
- Some stats/moves/pokedex info/other stuff about the Pokemon, have been inserted into the game, but not all of it...
- Further overworlds we had, have been inserted, and so have some trainer graphics :P

Well that's about it for now, but we almost have everything we had in the hack :P

Rexo

Rexo
Years
Alpha version publish and finished maps

Hi guys, I the one who creates the maps. I think this is gonna be a pretty nice game after all. I hope the people who insert the events are going to make some progress now. Anyway, the reason I post is because I'd like to know the date of publishing the alpha version cause I'm looking forward to the preview. Another thing I want to get informed about is the certain maps. Are there going to be beach, ice or sea maps, cause to be able to do my best and make more beautiful maps, I need more tiles. Maybe the people who make the tiles can give me some?
However, good luck with the game and finished in the mean time, I finished mior canyon and the town next to that so the screenshots can be updated.
See ya.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Updates coming soon :)

Hi guys, I the one who creates the maps. I think this is gonna be a pretty nice game after all. I hope the people who insert the events are going to make some progress now. Anyway, the reason I post is because I'd like to know the date of publishing the alpha version cause I'm looking forward to the preview. Another thing I want to get informed about is the certain maps. Are there going to be beach, ice or sea maps, cause to be able to do my best and make more beautiful maps, I need more tiles. Maybe the people who make the tiles can give me some?
However, good luck with the game and finished in the mean time, I finished mior canyon and the town next to that so the screenshots can be updated.
See ya.

Yep, Rexo is a friend of mine, one day I decided to put him behind RPG Maker XP to make a map to see what he would make out of it xD Well he was a real noob :)

But he actually quite liked it, so he mapped more and more, and now it's been a month and he's 12x times as good as me :P He's a real natural. Anyway, thanks to his addictiveness (is that a word?) Torzach's maps have been updated and he has already mapped almost a whole year of progress in less than two weeks :)

But now, all of you have to wait for a certain lazy bum to get his eventing and pokemon inserting done ^^

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Looks good, I like the fakemon. I just wanna find out what it is.ohhh, i guess ill have to wait =/
Yep, you're gonna have to wait. Not as long as you might think, though ;)
You probably have no idea what a good job you did.
Keep up the excellent work and I'm sure it'll lead you to significant progress!
Thanks for the support ^^

==========================================================

Update time! *Dances*
Seven new screenies, fresh off the press.
These are of the second and third towns, Mior Canyon, and various other things. That big building is the library, where you will find the first "Easter Egg" if you look hard enough. Those'll be left in almost every town and route, and I won't be telling you where they are. They'll do anything from give access to special pokemon, to special items, to passwords that'll give access to an item that'll help you find a special pokemon. Anyway, onto the screens;
Spoiler:

EDIT: Come on people, where's the posts? Over 1000 view and less than 30 posts?! Hurry up about it boys :D (And girls, of course)

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
I really like the way this game is turning out.
Goods: I really like your varied range of different types of trees, they fit in very well. I also really like the looks of the library and gym. What I like most of your game is the way your keeping the same looks of a hack; as most RMXP pokemon game makers try to use(and overuse) Diamond Pearl Platinum graphics, which personally I'm not a huge fan off.
Bads: There's not much bad, I just would like to know what the weird shadow thing is infront of the player when he's at the library and market.
Question: Will this be good on Windows 7? I tried Raptor version but it was just to slow for it was incompatible with Windows 7 and had to go to Windows XP compatibility mode. I really hope your making it on vista or 7, or atleast making it compatible with win7.
Anyways, that's that. Good luck with the game, can't wait for a release. =]

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I really like the way this game is turning out.
Goods: I really like your varied range of different types of trees, they fit in very well. I also really like the looks of the library and gym. What I like most of your game is the way your keeping the same looks of a hack; as most RMXP pokemon game makers try to use(and overuse) Diamond Pearl Platinum graphics, which personally I'm not a huge fan off.
Bads: There's not much bad, I just would like to know what the weird shadow thing is infront of the player when he's at the library and market.
Question: Will this be good on Windows 7? I tried Raptor version but it was just to slow for it was incompatible with Windows 7 and had to go to Windows XP compatibility mode. I really hope your making it on vista or 7, or atleast making it compatible with win7.
Anyways, that's that. Good luck with the game, can't wait for a release. =]

Thanks, for the comment :)

Yeah, we decided to take out the shadows, because, well it was weird in some cases xD

About your question: Pokemon Raptor was made with the same program we are making Torzach with. It works fine of vista though (since we're making it on vista :P)... So I can't be sure if Torzach will be compatible with Windows 7, but we'll see :)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
Alright, maybe I'll just try Vista Compatibility Mode and it will be faster. And yeah, I didn't really understand those shadows. But I really like the way the fakemon, most hacks have terrible fakemon, but yours look as if GameFreak made them =]

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Yep, you're gonna have to wait. Not as long as you might think, though ;)

Thanks for the support ^^

==========================================================

Update time! *Dances*
Seven new screenies, fresh off the press.
These are of the second and third towns, Mior Canyon, and various other things. That big building is the library, where you will find the first "Easter Egg" if you look hard enough. Those'll be left in almost every town and route, and I won't be telling you where they are. They'll do anything from give access to special pokemon, to special items, to passwords that'll give access to an item that'll help you find a special pokemon. Anyway, onto the screens;
Spoiler:

EDIT: Come on people, where's the posts? Over 1000 view and less than 30 posts?! Hurry up about it boys :D (And girls, of course)

On that third screenshot, is it just me or is the enemy (Bewstripe) have its stripes as transparent? If yes, is that on purpose or an accident?

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
On that third screenshot, is it just me or is the enemy (Bewstripe) have its stripes as transparent? If yes, is that on purpose or an accident?

Nope they're not transparent, although I can see what you mean xD The stripes near the grass look greener than the other stripes. :badsmile: But that's just one of our evil illusions :badsmile:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I'm glad to see this wasn't abandoned. I remember when it first started as a hack, and I'm happy to see it as a game so there are less limitations. If you want some help with spriting I would be willing to make a few fakemon, I've improved greatly now.

Oh, and I thought I would let you know that I agree with Dew. I don't like Bewstripes feet outlines, but overall the sprites are pretty good. The hero OWs eyes are kind of weird though, I don't like the white pixel next to the eyes. Good luck, I hope to see more updates soon!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I've been thinking about updating the style of the sprites to HG/SS. I'll probably end up doing it, now that we're switching to a game. The sprites looked excellent before, but now they're a bit washed out. And I was thinking about maybe making my own dex.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
** UPDATE TIME **​

Well, I know it's been a while since we've updated, but we've been very busy :P And all I've got for you guys is 6 screen shots and, well, a little extra ^^

Buuuut, first of all, lets start with those screen shots!!! What we've got here is some Mior Canyon Event action, which reveals another part of the story, but with these screen shots we'll still be leaving you guys in the dark :P Furthermore, we're showing you guys some epic cave mapping done by Rexo, a screen shot inside of the library aaaaand a battle shot!
Spoiler:

We're still in need of some OverWorld sprites as you can see... But those will come in time ;)

Here's the "little extra"

For those of you who want to play the alpha and be surprised by the story and don't want to see any spoilers, DO NOT OPEN THIS SPOILER! But for those of you who want to ruin this experience Here are two video's starting the story, they contain a lot of information so beware, THESE ARE BIG SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Now that we're on RMXP I think we should switch from FRLG graphics and OWS to DPP/HGSS ;)

I was thinking about that too :)

Rexo and I were already experimenting with new tiles, I'm not sure if you would call these DPP/HGSS, but guys, tell me which ones you like better:

Spoiler:

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Any real technical judgment is confusing to me but I like the way the new building's look in comparison to the old ones.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Any real technical judgment is confusing to me but I like the way the new building's look in comparison to the old ones.
Thank you :)!

We decided to keep adding in these tiles and I added some new overworlds :D.

Spoiler:

The first thing you might have noticed is that the event with Steedim is taking place somewhere else... We decided that with new tiles we need new maps :). They haven't been totally remapped, but changed quite a bit ;).

Furthermore I added in the female heroin overworld and the rival overworld, although as Vannah said, we might be switching over to DPP/HGSS sprites. But for the meantime, we have these :).

Tile credits:
- Alucus, for like a lot xD (almost all houses, mountain tiles, water tiles, anyway thanks a bunch :))
- Tree tiles have already been mentioned on the first page
- PrinceLegendario, for the new library!
- lalo0101, for his Mart, although it isn't in the screenshots :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back