• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen SS Pokegear Call(s)

Years
Okay, so, today, I was on my new SoulSilver account after Poketransferring all my good Pokemon to my Black. I've gotten pretty far, and for some reason I had chosen my character as a boy named Ethan. Oh, well, I guess my 2nd Gen instincts are still rusty, but functioning. ANYWAY, back to my post. I was walking through Ecruteak City when I got a call from Picknicker Liz. This was one of the weirdest things that happend to me in my early journey.
"Oh, hey! What's up? Today I saw a beautiful Team Rocket. I want to be a beautiful Team Rocket some day!"
I was like, 'uhhhhhh...'
Seriously. A beautiful Team Rocket!?
-dies-

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Haha yeah, some calls are really random in HG/SS. I swear Joey has called me 492 times just to talk about his apparently super-cool Rattata. Hey I remember getting that call ages ago xD, I fell out of my chair, double facepalming.

And then there's Hiker Anthony talking about eating berries. Something along the lines of : "I was watching my Pokemon eat berries the other day. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. I tried a berry it was delicious!"

That made me wonder, what did Pokemon berries taste like :P?

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Joey stil calls me about his Rattata. But it already evolved into Raticate but he still calls it his Rattata. Hm...

Years
It's strange- I got Joey's phone number early on in the game (thinking I'd be able to remove it later), but aside from one time when getting to Goldenrod for the first time, I've never had Joey call me. If anyone actually calls me, it's usually Arnie, Doug (Bug Catchers) or Ralph (Fisherman).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't mind the Pokegear calls from time to time (such as for free items), but the ones from Youngster Joey ranting about his top-percentage Rattata were the ones that got on my nerves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Joey stil calls me about his Rattata. But it already evolved into Raticate but he still calls it his Rattata. Hm...

This just reminds me of the creepypasta... *shudders*

Personally I find the phone call thing annoying, they never shut up :p I don't care if Gina's Nidoran is awesome or Joey's Raticate has somehow devolved, I want phone calls about useful things! It's okay when they want to battle or have something to tell/give me, but when they stop you in the middle of something to tell you some useless fact like that, it's just very irritating xD

Sirfetch’d

I gave my number to everybody, but I regret giving it to Ralph(the fisherman with the Goldeen) He calls every 5 minutes it seems like.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I would of deleted Liz from my contacts lol. I hate the Pokegear call. Lyra is so annoying. "Today I looked over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." Then 5 min later. "Today I loved over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." She say's the same stuff over and over and makes me wanna delete her number lol.

But they only time I save a number is if the person has really good Pokemon and wants to battle in the future. For example the Fire Breather with 2 Magmars. I saved him because Magmar gives out decent exp. Also, not to mention the people that give out free items. I just got a free Leaf Stone a couple days ago.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would of deleted Liz from my contacts lol. I hate the Pokegear call. Lyra is so annoying. "Today I looked over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." Then 5 min later. "Today I loved over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." She say's the same stuff over and over and makes me wanna delete her number lol.

But they only time I save a number is if the person has really good Pokemon and wants to battle in the future. For example the Fire Breather with 2 Magmars. I saved him because Magmar gives out decent exp. Also, not to mention the people that give out free items. I just got a free Leaf Stone a couple days ago.

If there were an option to delete contacts (which there should be, and I'm angry that there isn't.), I would definitely use it like no tomorrow. And I agree, I hate when NPC's say the same thing over and over again as it make the game 'less real' in a sense, and it reminds you that you are merely playing a video game. ):

I never added people on their Pokemon, I just added people on their names and what their sprite is or status, aha I'm so shallow. XD;

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
If there were an option to delete contacts (which there should be, and I'm angry that there isn't.), I would definitely use it like no tomorrow.

I love how they didn't fix it when they had an opportunity in gen 4. Subtle Gamefreak. Very Subtle.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I remember the constant calls from trainers whose only thing to seemingly say is "I need to make my parter stronger".

The Works

Omochikaeri!
Years
Random calls are annoying as hell, particularly Lyra's calls after the E4. Her calls are more frequent that Joey's. I remember the first time Lyra called me to say "Today my Marill evolved into an Azumarill!" while I was in Kanto. I went to New Bark after that to check on her 'Azumarill'. Turned out she was lying, and I felt like shooting myself after that.

Back