• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geo's Pixels

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
2831775.gif

It looks great, too! (But why no transparent bg?)

I like the way you've made the tail, and a clean cut on the head. But rather than making it flap up and down, why don't you make it flap forward and backward? I don't know, I guess it just seems better to me. I know this is still a WIP, but it's good nonetheless.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
2831775.gif

It looks great, too! (But why no transparent bg?)

I like the way you've made the tail, and a clean cut on the head. But rather than making it flap up and down, why don't you make it flap forward and backward? I don't know, I guess it just seems better to me. I know this is still a WIP, but it's good nonetheless.

2835836_by_geoisevil-d5w0rnp.gif

no trasparent bg at the time because it wasnt done .-. and it doenst flap up and down but rather sort of diagonally its just hard to tell from front view but you can see better from the side

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh, okay. Like you said, it's hard to notice. The side views have convinced me. It looks spectacular! And the back view is nicely done. Of course, you've potrayed Yveltal in a different perspective, making it's tail go back and making it look more like a bird than a monster. I guess you're gonna do Xerneas next?

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Oh, okay. Like you said, it's hard to notice. The side views have convinced me. It looks spectacular! And the back view is nicely done. Of course, you've potrayed Yveltal in a different perspective, making it's tail go back and making it look more like a bird than a monster. I guess you're gonna do Xerneas next?

Thanks, and no I'm not I don't like Xerneas .-.

yveltal_by_geoisevil-d5vzj42.png
finished Yveltal sprite sheet :D

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
I'm a little saddened X & Y will be making the switch over from sprites to 3d only because these all look so smexy as sprites x .x
Great work tho, of course!

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
I'm a little saddened X & Y will be making the switch over from sprites to 3d only because these all look so smexy as sprites x .x
Great work tho, of course!

Yah I'm also going to miss sprites....

Thanks btw :D

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I was shocked when I see your Yveltal sprite, that Yveltal is so clean and amazing. =)
Your Fakemon tutorial is amazing too, I've never seen a tutorial like that before. xD
Keep up your great work. ;D

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Oh wow. I love your work. From the tiles to the sprites everything is just fantastic. That Yveltal sprite is really pretty and those mystery dungeon like tiles look amazing ;] Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more from you.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
I was shocked when I see your Yveltal sprite, that Yveltal is so clean and amazing. =)
Your Fakemon tutorial is amazing too, I've never seen a tutorial like that before. xD
Keep up your great work. ;D

Haha thanks so much C:
Oh wow. I love your work. From the tiles to the sprites everything is just fantastic. That Yveltal sprite is really pretty and those mystery dungeon like tiles look amazing ;] Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more from you.
Thanks It means a lot :D

Heres something new I just finished :D
delibird_shop_by_geoisevil-d5xex5f.png

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
That is so epic. That Why-Well-Tell is so epic.

Not going off-hand, but I really think that that Delibird Packing Co. could use a good flag. Also, why not make the entrance into the tent fully a beak? Judging by the quality of the pixels, it is very professional, and deserves an award. You, sir, have to get a Medal for this kind of business.

I in particular like that Yveltal icon, perhaps you can make the second frame? It really looks in shape, and I assume you've used the same colours of the regular palette? Anyhow, it looks great!

You'd better coin in some CSS for the thread, man.

Years
Wow, I've only just started looking at Pixel Art, and I'm already super-inspired! The tutorial is really helpful because I actually wouldn't know where to start, I'd probably start from the top and just draw away, never really getting anywhere because everything was horribly proportioned.

I'm sure there'll be a place for sprites somewhere in X and Y, at least I hope so - it's such a core part of the pokemon gaming experience!

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
That is so epic. That Why-Well-Tell is so epic.

Not going off-hand, but I really think that that Delibird Packing Co. could use a good flag. Also, why not make the entrance into the tent fully a beak? Judging by the quality of the pixels, it is very professional, and deserves an award. You, sir, have to get a Medal for this kind of business.

I in particular like that Yveltal icon, perhaps you can make the second frame? It really looks in shape, and I assume you've used the same colours of the regular palette? Anyhow, it looks great!

You'd better coin in some CSS for the thread, man.

Haha thanks a lot ;D tbh I don't really plan on changing the design but thanks for the suggestions

and for the icon I suppose I could, it only has the one frame atm because the game i made it for only uses the one frame as of right now

I will start to code in some css eventually but I'm too lazy atm XD

Wow, I've only just started looking at Pixel Art, and I'm already super-inspired! The tutorial is really helpful because I actually wouldn't know where to start, I'd probably start from the top and just draw away, never really getting anywhere because everything was horribly proportioned.

I'm sure there'll be a place for sprites somewhere in X and Y, at least I hope so - it's such a core part of the pokemon gaming experience!

glad I could help put somewhat!

I wish there would be sprites in xy but I have a feeling that there wont be :/

And heres something new :D
happy_birthday_marc__by_geoisevil-d5ytkcs.png

Made this as a present for my friend Zerudez on deviantart for his 21st birthday, its of his fakemon Wolverize :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Haha thanks a lot ;D tbh I don't really plan on changing the design but thanks for the suggestions

and for the icon I suppose I could, it only has the one frame atm because the game i made it for only uses the one frame as of right now

I will start to code in some css eventually but I'm too lazy atm XD

glad I could help put somewhat!

I wish there would be sprites in xy but I have a feeling that there wont be :/

And heres something new :D
happy_birthday_marc__by_geoisevil-d5ytkcs.png

Made this as a present for my friend Zerudez on deviantart for his 21st birthday, its of his fakemon Wolverize :D

Great shaping of the dude and I think you've put him up really well. But the highlights are so faint I can barely see them. The flaming effect is really cool and the shading comes in really well. You've also anti-aliased some parts and made them cool.

I think you could make an OW or something out of this guy!

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Great shaping of the dude and I think you've put him up really well. But the highlights are so faint I can barely see them. The flaming effect is really cool and the shading comes in really well. You've also anti-aliased some parts and made them cool.

I think you could make an OW or something out of this guy!

Thanks but the highlights look fine to me....

I actually have made an OW of this guy but its private :/

annnnnnd heres a whole bunch of new stuff :D
73c926c258af50ef4c2ba71d919777fa-d5zzmow.png

machine_anim_by_geoisevil-d5zyxjm.gif

this fakemon belongs to daybreak-machine on deviantart and was designed by jesgrad07 on deviantart
2947462_by_geoisevil-d5zxcur.gif

these three were my end of an art trade with tormentile on deviantart, the designs belong to him
tormentile_art_trade_by_geoisevil-d5z1rtf.png

Last edited:

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Geo of the deviantart? I like to much your sprites.

Yep that's me , thanks :D

Heres some more stuff I've made recently

aminals_by_geoisevil-d63wy6d.png

tiles_wip_free_use_by_geoisevil-d5zzmow.png

9huqkozxjsVVTqbIlTfHKyMmqc7I0haZ4rYT9CnGsIU

the detailed tree is for my friends a-rpg game and the farm animals are just random but the other tiles are free for use if anyone wants to use em

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
I redid my sprites of the Pokemon X and Y starters and I think they are perfect now :D
6th_gen_starters_by_geoisevil-d65cnq8.png

these are all free to use as long as you give credit to me

Last edited:

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Nice work!

I really enjoyed looking through your gallery. You definitely have plenty of talent. This being mainly a Pokemon forum I can understand that a majority of your work is centered around Pokemon however, I would love to see you expand into other things too. :)

Below are my favorite of the pieces you've displayed in your gallery thus far:

tormentile_art_trade_by_geoisevil-d5z1rtf.png

dragons_by_geoisevil-d5wdedj.png

my_starters__who_ya_gonna_pick__by_geoisevil-d5by1d0.png

starters_backsprites_by_geoisevil-d5k3x3a.png

creston_phantide_wip_by_geoisevil-d5k7vxr.png

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
Nice work!

I really enjoyed looking through your gallery. You definitely have plenty of talent. This being mainly a Pokemon forum I can understand that a majority of your work is centered around Pokemon however, I would love to see you expand into other things too. :)
Thanks a lot! I actually do a lot more than just Pokemon stuff, but I prefer to keep this thread strictly Pokemon :)

Years
I assume you've gone into different shading styles or different colour palettes? You can always have a link to a different gallery to the other sprites.

Back