• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Plasma Storm

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
So guys, Today i decided i would start collecting Pokemon cards again because of 2 reasons.
1. I can play online these days with my real life cards that i have bought.
2. I used to collect them as a younger teenager, Im actually disappointed that i gave them away to my little brother because i had some great cards, Such as this one.
560575_4769053429304_1418782502_n.jpg

Twas' a long time ago now though so it doesn't really bother me. I picked up some booster packs today along with the "Black & White Plasma Storm" starter deck. Box art below.
Warning: Its quite large.
Spoiler:

I also picked up these 3 booster packs.
Spoiler:

I think i was actually quite lucky, I obtained several holographic cards, & some cards that aren't really any good for battle but some of my favourite starter Pokemon such as Squirtle & Chimchar. A Togepi AND Togekiss from the same booster pack. But that is just scratching the surface. I opened my Last one & the second last card was this guy.
Spoiler:

Its actually quite a shame that i cannot use it online, As i have zero fire energys.. (as of yet)
Anywho. I would appreciate if you guys rated my deck?
As following..

Giratina x2
Garbodor x1
Trubbish x2
Weezing x1
Koffing x2
Golbat x2
Zubat x3
Amoonguss x2
Foongus x2
Kirlia x2
Ralts x2
Grotle x2
Turtwig x3
Elgyem x2
Watchdog x1
Parat x2
Energy Search x2
Colress x2
Escape Rope x2
Pokemon Communication x2
Team Plasma Grunt x2
Hypnotoxic Laser x1
Psychic Energy x12
Grass Energy x6

So, From past experience i know there can be a number of different types of card for the same Pokemon Example. There is I'm sure plenty of different Golbat.
So if you would like further information on certain cards, Im happy to oblige. Thanks guys.

EDIT: HAS ANYONE PLAYED THE PTCG ONLINE?? I WAS WONDERING IF I HAVE TO GAMBLE PRIZE CARDS TO VS. PEOPLE...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
First of all can you put your pictures in Spoiler tags to hid them and not take up all the page.

Next i want to say there is pretty much no good way to suggest changes for you. Theme starter decks are terrible.
1. You have way too many pokemon cards (Thin it down to like 1 maybe 2 lines of pokemon with strong basics to back it up. Like Giratina.)
2. It would really help if the cards were sorted by types (Card type not pokemon type).
3. You need supporters that isnt Team Plasma Grunt. (You need Professor Juniper and Ns. Though Skyla, Bianca, and Colress are also really helpful.)
4. Deck Suggestions:
-8-12 basic pokemon at least and like 16 pokemon max
-10 or more supporters
-12-15ish energy, depending on you are using.
-all the rest should be trainer cards

Either way your best bet would be to buy individual cards for trainers or pick up certain packs for them. You could also buy other theme starter deck, that contain energy cards and other stuff you need. If you have the patience, look around bulbapedia or serebii to see what set has what. Though be aware that Black white base set, Emerging Powers, and Noble Victory cards will soon be illegal, unless they have reprints in later sets.

Also idk what you are talking about in terms of Gamble Prize cards. You dont gamble anything online. this isnt the Yugioh cartoon or w/e. you just play, win or lose. Its all just for fun.

Last edited:

Pokébreeder
Years
First of all can you put your pictures in Spoiler tags to hid them and not take up all the page.

-8-12 basic pokemon at least and like 16 pokemon max
-10 or more supporters
-12-15ish energy, depending on you are using.
-all the rest should be trainer cards

Also idk what you are talking about in terms of Gamble Prize cards. You dont gamble anything online. this isnt the Yugioh cartoon or w/e. you just play, win or lose. Its all just for fun.

Well, I have been here since 2008, I do know how to create spoilers. :|
I will put them in but. Since it does annoy some people.
Thank you for that information. I will do my best to sculpt a deck using those basic rules.

Well, Im sure you have heard of 'Prize Cards'
If you have played the card game you would of heard of them. On that EX card it says if its knocked out to hand over two prize cards... This apply to the online version also?
Im just confused, As i don't like the sound of prize cards as i will probably lose ALOT while getting the basics down of the game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I think you misinterpret prize cards. At no point in time do you and your opponent exchange cards. You do not hand over anything. Its not like they take your prize cards. They take their own prize cards when they knock one of your pokemon out. Its one of the win conditions. Once they take all THEIR own prize cards, they win. I think the word Prize is confusing you. Think of it more as a reward. Whenever you knock something out, you grab one of your own prize cards as a reward. Once again you dont "give" your opponent anything. Your cards are never given to your opponent in any way as part of the games rules.

I think you need to go over the rules again. Prize cards are not cards you are betting that you are going to win.

Watch this and i think you will understand it better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2a_CHEF4Y

As you can see the prize cards to the left are the players prize cards, and when he knocks out a pokemon he grabs his own prize cards.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
yeah np. now go out there and spend some money. lol.

Also you can also pick up a mewtwo ex tin or 2. As it can be used in any deck but you also have the energy and psychic pokemon from the starter set. imo the tins are pretty worth it. It comes with 4 booster packs, and an Ex. It usually ranges for about nearly the same price as 4 booster packs. It may cost about 1 or 2 bucks more. Though the Promo Exs are usually worth more than that anyway. Though also be aware that the mewtwo one may come with some of the soon to be illegal packs. But they can contain good cards that have reprints. Like Juniper, catchers, and other trainers of sort. Though most of the pokemon will be unplayable in "modified tournaments. But if its just for fun, it doesn't matter.

Pokébreeder
Years
I get paid tomorrow actually. And I'm going out to buy some starter decks. There is no real place around my area to buy tins. So i have to stick to the decks and booster packs. But normally i will buy 5+ boosters at a time so i normally at least get one EX..
sometimes i get a few. But yeah. Im also saving my coins to get myself some of the online decks. And some of them are pretty interesting.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
No walmarts? cause even hawaii has those with pokemon tins. Also if you get starter decks choose wisely. As they are mostly bad, though there are decks with a few good trainers and pokemon you can make use of. Either way starter decks are kind of bad and i only bought the first few for energy and a few trainers before i just started buying individual cards are boosters. But now that i look back on it i kind of wish i didn't. Its just cheaper and easier to just order it online from like amazon. If you get it from the right place the shipping is free.

Either way you might want to wait a until the next set comes out. Plasma blast comes out on like the 14 or something. It will have tons of good cards to pick up. It also contains reprints of Juniper, Ultra ball, Pokemon Catchers and other good stuff.

Last edited:

Pokébreeder
Years
I don't think you can say that they are "mostly bad" as from a dragon starter deck i have obtained a few Garchomps. And a Dragonite. With decent attacks & abilities. Its really just how you set your deck.
There is no Walmart in Australia. {XD}

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
If you are talking about the one from Dragons Exhaulted. That deck is mostly bad. lol. The good cards are the trainers and gabites.

Gabite from DrX has the ability dragon call. Which allows you to search your deck for dragons and put it in your hand.

The Garchomps are okay but there is a much better one that comes from the packs only. It has Mach Cut for 1 energy 60 damage and discard the defending pokemons special energy. When combined with Altaria it does amazing things. The other Ghomp doesn't hit as hard and costs more energy.

Though this deck doesnt come with Dragonite. So you might be talking about a different one. Idk.

Either way the deck has a few good cards. But as a whole it doesnt usually work well.

If you want to get a theme deck. I would again suggest to wait for Plasma Blast. One of the starter decks is amazing. It has like a good handful of great cards. Including Ultraball, Catcher, Juniper, Blastoise, and Suicune. I think there are a few more good things but i cant remember off the top of my head. If counted to current standards of card costs. Its $5 for ultraball, $15 for catchers, $1 Juniper (Its just the best supporter), and like $10 For Blastoise. Though of course this new starter set is going to change the costs but still. For the cost of the theme deck thats pretty dang good.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
cool that was my first deck but now mine is custom

i like trainer cards to but i like to be backed up by at least 18 energy.

yes but most decks come with the same one online.

Last edited:
Back