• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

ronwellcastillo

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Link Battle with Android

Hi guys !

Today im gonna teach you all on how to enable linking with Pokemon R, S, E, FR, LG players around the world using your android device (tablet or smartphone) and MyBoy Emulator.

Things you will need :
1. Pokemon Rom.
2. My Boy Gba Emulator version 1.5.0 for android (Google it Full Version or Purchase in Play Store)
3. Strong Wireless Connection (Wifi) or Bluetooth.

Steps :

1.Download the Rom and Install the Emulator My Boy Gba Emulator version 1.5.0 in your android device
2.After Downloading/Installing Open the Emulator
3. Browse for the Rom you downloaded
4. Play and learn playing it yourself :P

Linking (All players must do this):
Bluetooth: Only for people who is near to each other
Wi-Fi: For people far to each other
1.Open your Bluetooth or Wifi (must be connected to Wireles Connection)
2. Open your Emulator
3. Open your Rom
4. Go to any Pokemon Center
5.Go to second Floor and talk to the last receptionist who is in charge of Link Room
6. Choose what you want to do with your friend (Colosseum, Trade, Mix Record) both must choose same choice.
7. Click Option
8. Click Link Remote > Wifi/
Wifi Server : The one who will host the game and who will give the IP address and Port number to other players
Wifi Client : The participants of the game, you must know the IP address and Port number of the Server
Bluetooth/
Bluetooth Server: The host of the game
Bluetooth Client : The participants of the game, must connect with the Server's bluetooth.

9.After that a message will show that you must wait for the other players. After that you can now battle, trade or mix record with the other players.

Ask me anything and I will gladly answer it.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Hello, I'm new to the forums here and Semi-New to emulation. My question is, when I play my Pokemon White 2 the game is very dark. What I mean by "very dark" is the outside looks like it is always night and some colors may even be missing (the roof of the Pokemon Center). However, the issue goes away in all other cases (In buildings, pokemon battles, and walking through glass). Is there anyway I can fix this?

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Hey man! I tried this on my android devices (Phone and Tablet) and it doesn't work :(.
For Wi-fi Client it say that it cannot connect to device, and for Wi-Fi Server is say "Wait for incoming connection" and it doesn't do enything...Please hep me!
P.S. : my tablet don't have Bluetooth

Last edited:

JSJ

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
At one rom you must do WIFI-Server and on the other WIFI-Client.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
yea, i tried this.
After thatm it say that "The remote is playing another game. You need to have exactly the same game file as well" ... Help? :D

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
your going to get an infraction for telling people where to get roms for games... idiot. read the rules you fool.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
your going to get an infraction for telling people where to get roms for games... idiot. read the rules you fool.

I think you need to read the rules, actually.

Everybody is to respect other people on the board. (3 pts / 4 mths)
The PokéCommunity is open to anyone. Do not threaten, harass or insult your fellow members, or launch ad hominem or personal attacks against any of them. Please respect the beliefs of other members. If someone acts uncivil, or harasses/intimidates you, you are not given the excuse to act the same in retaliation. If you disagree with the conduct of other members, please contact a staff member.

However - yes, this member has a point. Please be aware that discussion of how to obtain and distribution of roms is not allowed here. I'll just edit that part of your post.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
hey man i would like to have a battle or trade or play some minigames sometime, i have the free version but i can use client and u create the server. lets try to do it sometime just say when.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I have yet to test this, but I have bought the app because MyBoy is probably one of the only actively developed GBA emulators on the Play Store, and the first I know of to support linking. It'd be nice to know if anyone else has got it working thus far. If that's the case, then maybe ROM hacks will finally have a reason to stop replacing trade evolutions with item evolved equivalents.

Back