• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Link93, I'm not sure where you are in the game. There's no Lavaridge Town in it, I don't think.

Here's the updated Pallet Town:

Spoiler:

And here's Route 1 as it stands now. It might need some work:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Link93, I'm not sure where you are in the game. There's no Lavaridge Town in it, I don't think.

Here's the updated Pallet Town:

Spoiler:

And here's Route 1 as it stands now. It might need some work:

Spoiler:

Pallet Town is better than before, as it's not very empty now.
As for Route 1, the Lake is too big, and I don't think the currents in the Lake is good.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Pallet Town is better than before, as t's not very empty now.
As for Route 1, the Lake is too big, and I don't think the currents in the Lake is good.

Thanks for the comments.

I need the currents as I want the main character to be swept away to the main lake when he leaps over the edge. There might be a better way of mapping it, though, I don't know.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Nicely done. You've done a good job of mixing plotline with customizability. I just beat Misty, and I love every moment of it.
Keep it up!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thank you MarickNeona and trebornosllw for the compliments! :)

Years
I love the idea of this hack being based in the anime.
I like almost everything about it. The pokécenters look so cute x3
Plus, the way you find Charmander and Squirtle is SO like the anime itself! It's awesome.
Oh! And you get to battle Jessie and James in a double battle *w* (for the looks of it)
The only thing I don't like about this hack is the fullsized characters. (You know...the ones who show your rival for the first time and when you're about the choose the hero.) It's not like their design is bad, far from that! I couldn't manage to do any better, to be honest. It's just...they don't look like the game characters we're used to see.
But who cares about that? As long as the game is playable...

Keep up the good work ;D

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Ugh the Route 1 is really big :D
But the Pallet looks god

Yeah, it's big, but I think it moves pretty fast, unless you get lost in the grass a little bit.

Well i might have mistaken some names but the city i was talking about was the one with the cemetery, you know the city with the ghosts, and i'm stuck at the exit of that dark tunnel and the beginning of that ghost town. sorry i dont remember the names I've been playing like 12 games a day.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz294/afms93/Semttulo.jpg

Okay, well you definitely went a way that's not intended. The only thing to do is to go back to Cerulean City. If that tree is blocking your way, you will have to open Advance Map and delete it from the game and save it so you can pass through. Otherwise, you'll have to start over.

I love the idea of this hack being based in the anime.
I like almost everything about it. The pokécenters look so cute x3
Plus, the way you find Charmander and Squirtle is SO like the anime itself! It's awesome.
Oh! And you get to battle Jessie and James in a double battle *w* (for the looks of it)
The only thing I don't like about this hack is the fullsized characters. (You know...the ones who show your rival for the first time and when you're about the choose the hero.) It's not like their design is bad, far from that! I couldn't manage to do any better, to be honest. It's just...they don't look like the game characters we're used to see.
But who cares about that? As long as the game is playable...

Keep up the good work ;D

Thanks! I actually thought of doing a double battle with Jessie and James. That could work in the Viridian Forest, but if you don't have more than one Pokemon then they wouldn't battle you, I don't think. But then maybe I could make two separate battles, at least in Viridian, and have it go to the single battle if you have only one Pokemon. That being said, all that would be a major pain in the tuchus (but I still might do it)! :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
There is a tileset error with the mountains. It's supposed to use the three tiles below the ocean tileset. Why don't Jessie and James use Meowth? I think it should stay a single battle.

Can you elaborate on the mountains tileset? Which map? What mountains?

Also, Team Rocket doesn't use Meowth because they rarely if ever use Meowth to battle in the anime. He's more a part of the team than an actual Pokemon.

I redid Ash's backsprite. Comments or suggestions are appreciated:

ashbacko.png

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
I think that the new back sprite looks better
it has more color

Last edited:

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
Years
Can you elaborate on the mountains tileset? Which map? What mountains?

Also, Team Rocket doesn't use Meowth because they rarely if ever use Meowth to battle in the anime. He's more a part of the team than an actual Pokemon.

I redid Ash's backsprite. Comments or suggestions are appreciated:

ashbacko.png

I think you could do better its to "bushie" the outline is too black, but I found this in the Internet, you could adapt it and give it a little bit of your self, you might also change the image that show in the trainer's card
Keep up the good work.
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/ashketchume.png/

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hi, guys - I took out some of the black lines from the backsprite, I think it looks better. Any other suggestions?

ashback2.png

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hi, guys - I took out some of the black lines from the backsprite, I think it looks better. Any other suggestions?

ashback2.png

Okay, here are a few things I think you should change around a bit.
1. Route 1 really, really needs to be a bit smaller, which I think you could do just by narrowing the river a tad.
2. I think the tileset for Pallet Town needs a bit of work, it was just a little too crudely drawn (this is mostly Prof. Oak's lab). I think the buildings just need a bit of a touch-up, but they do look fairly good, nice job!
3. I think you should include a few more encounters with Misty and Brock...
Oh, and if you have 1 Pokemon when you go into a double battle, it just turns into a 2-against-1 match, which is Team Rocket's style anyway. It shouldn't keep them from battling you.

Keep up the good work! I'm impressed with how hard and fast you're working at this. Let me know if I can help in any way (but I might be out of contact for a while, so don't be irritated if I don't answer right away).

Years
The mountain I was talking about was the one Prof.Oak's Lab is on. The tiles used are a tile set error. The farthest north tiles. Also the purple/red roofed houses in Porta Vista/Maiden's Peak are missing the rest of the roof tiles.

Back