• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
Poison/Psychic would be quite interesting, most of the trainers in Koga's gym had Drowzees and Hypnos so it's not like the types have been too far apart in the past.

As long as there aren't too many evolution lines obviously copied over from previous existing one then the new pokemon should be alright. I'm looking at you Woobat and Conkeldurr.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree it'd be interesting although I think it'd be special because really, Weezing can be special and the majority are physical, so why not break out of the cage and just try something new with poisons :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bug/Psychic would be pretty good in NU, so if it's really fast I'd say it's viable (aka usable).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Bug/Psychic would be pretty good in NU, so if it's really fast I'd say it's viable (aka usable).

Honestly that'd just be a cool type combination in general. Hits pretty much everything except Steel I think, and it could definitely be a cool special attacker.

Years
Barbarian- God I would love to see a barbarian pokemon think about it. We have a ninja, samurai, boxer, mma fighter, karate master, body builder, and a knight then why not a BA barbarian. It would be steel/?.
As others have said I would like a dolphin and an orca. Also maybe a flounder like another magikarp or feebass.
AI- I would loooooooooooove to see a new super intellgent AI pokemon.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Another type combination to suggest...what about Electric/Dark? I don't think that's been made before. o.o The typing is a bit questionable though, and I honestly think that's adding more weaknesses than taking away anything, but I thought it would be a unique typing nonetheless.

u knw, i badly wanted LUXRAY to be electric/dark, bt i couldn't get why gf didnt make it. Electric/dark is one of my fav type combo.

Also, how about dark/bug? It would remove fighting weakness frm dark type which is so common nowadays

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dark/bug would be quite ~evil~. It'd have pretty much no weaknesses on the dark side, and only really rock/fire/flying, which is pretty awesome for a mon to have, so I'd like one of those.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Normal/Ghost would also be evil...! And give it justified... :-P

it would be like "feed me more!!!"(Ryback frm wwe)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Normal/Ghost with Levitate will be evil with 4 Immunity, even more evil if it have Wonder Guard.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unlikely but if that's the case it could have weak defenses or weak HP, whichever increases Toxic or Burn output I guess.

Years
So there is a rumored light type coming up in the gen. So I have started thinking. Obviously we dont know what moves that it would introduce, however I have curious of what type combos would exist. Light/Electric, Light/Bug, Light/Steel, Light/Psychic. Share your thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Normal/Ghost only weakness is Dark so you can only hit him with Dark attack if he have wonder guard.

Even then, only one weakness (dark) and immune to all other types. Way too stupidly overpowered.

The only way I could see this happening is if it had pathetic stats (bst 120 for example), along with an absolute horrible movepool (like Magikarp' movepool). imo this is the only way I see this pokemon existing. I really like the idea of justified as the ability, makes the opponent think twice about using a dark move. Or what about an all new ability that completely absorbs dark attacks similar to motor drive and sap sipper.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Fighting / Dragon!

This typing has the potential to be absolutely fantastic, with there being only one type combination I can think of—Ghost / Steel, which hasn't even been added yet—that resists this. It could be a brilliant physical or even mixed attacker (both types have neat physical and special movepools), with such moves such as Close Combat, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Focus Blast and Aura Sphere receiving STAB.

Knowing Game Freak, however, we'll probably get either a defensive Fighting / Dragon with low attacking power or a non-evolving Pokemon with base stats reminiscent of Pachurisu. Typical.

EDIT Regarding the posts about Normal / Ghost, it may be an "evil" defensive typing, but it's a really "meh" offensive typing, with Steel rearing its ugly head in the face of x Pokemon's STABs. A Fighting immunity's always good in this metagame, though.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I think we need some more ghost combinations. I would love to see the 666th pokemon be a bug/ghost type based off beelzebub, which fans have already speculated. Or a ghost fighting type would be interesting.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I think a fire earth dragon type pokemon would be cool, but I don't know!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
A few more ideas just came to me:

I am thinking that a Ghost/Dragon would be epic! Also, a Ghost/Normal would interesting because it would be an oxymoron.

An Electric/Psychic would be cool too.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I forgot about Giratina @_@ But it would still be awesome to have another Ghost/Dragon. And yeah, that sounds great!

I know that Bug isn't the most popular type, but I have been thinking about a Bug/Dragon type. It could be like a praying mantis or something :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Fennekin :
I'd assume there's no way this isn't going to end boringly. I see her being a boring Fox just resembling the Fennekin form only larger & more mature looking... and just fire...

"So help me God if you evolve into Fire/Fighting. I will skin you alive" - Blaziken (To Fennekin)

My hopes would be that if Fennekins 2nd stage faints in a battle and is not revived before it's over that it would evolve into Fire/Ghost. Something interesting for once!

Either that or I'd hope there really is a new "Light" type and she evolves into Fire/Light

Froakie :
Water/Flying (Cloudlike stuff on him)

Water/Psychic (He has his finger on the temple of his head, a gesture sometimes associated with psychic powers, so maybe)

& Someone should make a picture of Feraligatr telling Froakie God help him because he will eat him if he evolves into just plain Water type.

Chespin :

Grass/Ground OR Grass/Rock : Seems likely with the lots of brown in his color scheme

What I hope he ends up being : Grass/Dark

Back