• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Years
I have no Wii U so I won't be getting SMT x Fire Emblem, unfortunately. As good as the game sounds it's no system seller for me.

Nakala Pri

Does anyone know when it will be released? I could search it up but why do that when I got my friendly cub's to answer while promoting the club? :3

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Nope. The release date is still set at TBA. I won't deny that I'm curious though. I heard enough good things about SMT.

Also, the J-culture magazine I buy on a 3-month basis did an article about Fire Emblem: Awakening. Overall they gave very good comments, which resulted in a score of "9/10". Their only major negative comment was the lack of a multiplayer mode.

Thoughts?

Nakala Pri

9/10 you say? Well, 10/10 would have been more correct. xD

The lack of multi-player game-play is hardly a problem! That matters the least in the game, even less then the Experience Bar, heehee.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Yeah, Awakening is a great game, but obviously not the best game ever. It's still fun though. I haven't tried or seen SMT. Is it good?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was wondering if whether or not FEA had a multiplayer mode like Shadow Dragon, but now that you told us that review, I now learn that it doesn't. The game is still good without it, although I've been wanting to challenge random players in Wi-Fi matches.

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
9/10 you say? Well, 10/10 would have been more correct. xD

The lack of multi-player game-play is hardly a problem! That matters the least in the game, even less then the Experience Bar, heehee.

A lot of places gave reviews that were or were around 9/10. Multiplayer was something against it, but also a few small things (like how there were no feet in the animations).

EDIT: Streetpass is the closest thing to multiplayer you can get, but enemy AI can be really stupid in this game.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
yeah I was so disappointed when I found out that there wasn't any sort of online battles :/ also double duels are region-locked so i couldn't play with a friend who had an american 3ds :( its definitely much weaker in multiplayer compared to Shadow Dragon but at least we have spotpass characters from old games :) also lack of feet began to annoy me so much especially mounted units' >:(

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I love Fire Emblem.
Username: Calamitastrophe
Favorite game: Radiant Dawn
Favorite character: Inigo

As much as I wish there was some sort of head-to-head multiplayer, it'd be kind of unfair since Limit Breaker would totally stomp those without DLC.

Years
Weeelcome to the club, Calamitastrophe!

On the above note.. I haven't even gotten Limit Breaker yet. My party always gets completely demolished, ugh. What characters and strategies do you guys go with?!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

On the above note.. I haven't even gotten Limit Breaker yet. My party always gets completely demolished, ugh. What characters and strategies do you guys go with?!

Ohh you know what I do:

1) Have a Rally bot or two, because having free stats is always amazing. *_* If you have someone with Rally Spectrum, that does the trick!

2) Always have some people with Galeforce because it really helps :3

3) Always pair people up with their significant others, or maybe generally with people who have a strong bond, because again, free stats! Also, try to crowd everyone up, because you'll still get free stats from them.

Lastly, having Healers like Lissa, or Maribelle helps~ Especially if they have Rescue/Fortify staffs!

Hope this helps. ^^

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Having a Sorcerer with Nosferatu or Aversa's Night (forged, preferably) makes holding choke points easier.

Years

My Nah (Manakete) Solo'd the entire map with Sol and Armsthrift with Dragonstone+ for the first Limit Breaker. Or use a sorcerer with Nosferatu or Aversa's Night with Armsthrift (forging with 5Mt 3Hit is recommended). After getting your first Limit Breaker it's all downhill in terms of difficulty. It's not the most fun way to enjoy the DLC, but it works.

Also be careful of Linus (Counter) and Jaffar (Lethality).

Last edited:

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I love Fire Emblem.
Username: Calamitastrophe
Favorite game: Radiant Dawn
Favorite character: Inigo

As much as I wish there was some sort of head-to-head multiplayer, it'd be kind of unfair since Limit Breaker would totally stomp those without DLC.

welcome to the club! you got a point about that but i think they should gave at least implemented fc battles so you could battle with your friends who are far away. limit breaker would definitely be broken in wi-fi battles but maybe you could choose to enable or disable it. one thing is for sure though: its multiplayer is weaker than shadow dragon.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Solo'ing the map sure does take the fun out of it. But it's a nifty way to farm Limit Breaks, haha.

And I agree, Awakening definitely has a weak multiplayer system. Having the option to disable DLC probably would've made it work. The Streetpass system definitely doesn't make up for that either, haha.

Nakala Pri

It doesn't really matter. I mean, you don't buy a game and not buy a game because it's got bad multiplayer options. I reckon it turned out to be a great success! And anyone who doesn't think so can talk to the hand because the head ain't listening. Hmph! :X

Warship

異議あり!
Years
It doesn't really matter. I mean, you don't buy a game and not buy a game because it's got bad multiplayer options. I reckon it turned out to be a great success! And anyone who doesn't think so can talk to the hand because the head ain't listening. Hmph! :X

i dont think many people here would think awakening is not a success (at least i dont :P) still it wouldnt hurt to implement more multiplayer options in it (i mean shadow dragon and shin monshou no nazo which ran on a much less powerful platform supported it!) still with all those downloadable stuff it more than makes up for it imo (older characters ftw :3)

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I definitely think this game is a success, I'm just not a fan of the multiplayer.

Still better than the GBA games, though. XD

Nakala Pri

It WAS a great game, guys. :O The graphics were gorgeous, the story-line was superb, the characters were lovable and it was finally a challenging game! It was a great game, sure, it may have not been as good as the older ones, but it was still great!

P.S: I'm not making any sense today. xD

Back