• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Second Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oh the memories of playing Pokemon Yellow are too nostalgic. I faintly remember playing Gold and having a Quilava. A couple years ago me and my brother tried to fit a Pokemon Gold cartridge in a DS Lite, it did not go well.

- Pokemon Trainer R3d

Xynz01

LEGEN. Wait for the DARY
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Oh nose; the nostalgia when I was still playing pokemon with my dad :(

I was sad cause I remembered how my dad truly enjoyed pokemon games, well, me too of course. I was only 12 years old when I have it. He will get angry on me when I forgot to charge the rechargeable batteries, I too of course get angry at him when he forgot it too.

Pokemon Red and Blue was my first GBC cartridges. I remember when I was stuck at Brock cause my first pokemon was Charmander I thought that picking who's in the cartridge's sticker is the strongest pokemon on the game lol. My dad picked up Bulbasaur and asked for a trade if I want Bulbasaur instead of my Charmander I declined of course.

My team on my very first playthrough is only my Charizard which is level 87 who has the HM 02 Fly. I was shocked that I need to battle my rival before I can enter Indigo Plateau. I was confident at first cause I pawned his 5 pokemons at that time then his Blastoise came! And then my poor Charizard lost in just 1 hit.

I restarted my Journey with Charmander but this time I raised 5 more pokemon. With knowledge of weaknesses.

They are; Victreebel, Alakazam, Gengar, Charizard, NidoKing, and Aerodactyl.

Then the e4 battle come. the average level of my pokemons was only 45. But still managed to beat the e4 then, the awesome battle theme came. I was shocked that I need to beat again my rival. I restarted the battle cause I was nearly ran out of PP and thinking that I need to heal all of my pokemon cause this battle will be intense. I was right. He killed 4 of my pokemon when he used Alakazam. My pokemon left was Nidoking and Charizard. Then pawned him back with my Nidoking, then his Blastoise pawned my Nidoking. Finally its my last chance to beat him. My Charizard was Critical only when his Blastoise used Hydro Pump. Then I don't know but his Blastoise kept using Seismic Toss I know that it will take 2 turns to launch his attack so I used Fly everytime I saw the message " Blastoise is blahblah" then I won I nearly threw my gameboy that time lol. Dad even bought me my 1st mountain bike cause he promised it to me that he will buy me one when I finished pokemon.

Years
i remember getting yellow and silver together and playing silver 1st and not knowing how to get out of the house... and here i am what like 11/12 ears later and im still playing these games.... although silver,gold and crystals batteries are dead yellow and blue are still going strong and im currently replaying yellow :) its been great!

And ya sort of know your getting old when you go on Amazon only to find that a brand new version of pokemon yellow is worth £200 "/ ahh the good old days :)

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
My most memorable time of RGB is when I first got Pokemon blue from an older guy (said he didn't want to play anymore......And now I'm probably bout the same age as him back then). When I put the power on, the screen of my purple GBC blew my mind. My Pkmn team was already lvl 100s, and it was sth like: Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Dugtrio, Raichu, and two more. Also, my pack was filled w/ master balls, so, of course, I went to the nearest tall-grass area and started throwing master balls everywhere ^^;;

Then, I went to a shop in......some random city, and they were actually selling master balls!!! (He probably cheated -_-) So I used up all my money to buy about 5 master balls and used them all again. Repeat *10, then reset my game to begin my real adventure.

I think that's why I loved Pokemon blue the most; MASTER BALLS......

Years
I remember my 1st ever legit lv.100!!!! ho-oh in pokemon silver... it was an epic moment of triumph for me.... then my cousin who was really jealous of me done the copy glitch while i wasnt looking and traded the copy to him.... was not pleased at all! but now the battery is dead and that ho-oh is long gone.... RIP HO-OH!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
i remember getting yellow and silver together and playing silver 1st and not knowing how to get out of the house...

OMG ME TOO!

I seriously thought I was the only one... when I got my Red the first day it came out all those years ago, it took me like an hour to figure out that the carpet was the way to exit your house... lmao

Years
I still have a very painful memory, one that wll never fade away... I remember back in the day when I was playing my pokemon Gold, something strange appeared. As I was just a kid and had no internet I couldn't know what that was. I still recall the glimmer, those unreachable stars, the strange purple tone on an otherwise green spinarak... oh boy, it was the first shiny pokemon i encountered. Why is it so painful? well... I HAD NO FREAKING POKEBALLS T_T so yeah...ended up killing it... *sob*

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I remember the first time playing through Pokemon Gold, I got up to the part where I had to surf east from New Bark Town to get to the Pokemon league and the fat guy stops you and says "Do you know what you just did? You just took your first step into Kanto!" and tells you to check your Pokegear map.

I almost shed a tear to see that all of Kanto was available in the game and I had no idea it was even in there up until he told me.
I don't think I got Pokemon Gold until years after it was released so seeing Kanto again was just awesome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
The first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Silver.
I got it one Christmas, My brother got Gold.
We went around to our Grandparents (Like every Christmas the whole family goes there.) and there two of my cousins were opening some presents and they got Gold and Silver aswell. (We were all very young around 5-6)
We started at the same time and adventured together. In the first few hours we all had 4 gym badges and decided to battle each other.
My brother had the highest level Pokemon, it was Charizard.
I Remember he took out Me and My two cousins using only Charizard.

Now 11 years later I can beat him no problem... unless he uses that Charizard :')

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
POKeMON Chapter 1; Kanto Travels

TIM
POKeMON: 2 (1 in box)
Badges: 0/8

El Team
Spr_1b_007.png

SQUIRTLE | Level: 10
Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble

Part 1 | The Legend Begins

TIM born in PALLET TOWN use to play with his child hood friend BEN all the time, unfortunately, BEN became born with TIM and began seeking no adventurous activities.

7 Years later, TIM is now eleven, he decides to leave home and head out of town for a moment. He is suddenly stopped though by PROFESSOR OAK, the town's local scientist. He brings in TIM and offers him and BEN, his grandson, a POKeMON. TIM, always fascinated by the water that PALLET TOWN rested next too, decided on the water-type, SQUIRTLE.

Just as TIM is about to leave, BEN stops TIM and challenges him to a POKeMON battle. TIM narrowly escapes defeat but comes out victorious. Distraught, BEN leaves the lab and TIM heads out of town like he decided to in the beginning.

Part 2 | POKeMON Enthusiast, Not Quite Trainer

TIM sets out of PALLET TOWN into ROUTE 1 where he meets a POKeMART sales representative and hands him a POTION for free. TIM thanks him and then continues to head north.

The winding trail to the next city was dotted with Wild POKeMON, all equally dangerous. However SQUIRTLE proves more then a match for them. Finally TIM sees a sign that says "VIRIDIAN CITY", This is TIM's first time in this city, being a bumpkin from PALLET TOWN, his mother usually retrieved things from this town whilst TIM played his SNES in his room.

TIM entered the town and conversed with the locals. As the tried to pass further north from the town he was angrily stopped and redirected by an old-man blocking the path from the city to ROUTE 2. TIM instead though it would be better to stock up on provisions anyway. As he entered the POKeMART the clerk calls him over, TIM nervously steps forward. The clerk hands him a box and asks him to deliver it to PROFESSOR OAK. TIM agrees and leaves the store.

He heads down the same path he started from and returns to PROFESSOR OAK's Lab. PROFESSOR OAK thanks TIM for delivering his mail and asks him for a favor, but not before BEN re-enters the lab.

PROFESSOR OAK then becomes serious. He asks that TIM and BEN take a device known as "a POKeDEX" and would record data of all the POKeMON species around the world. TIM and BEN agree. And they both set out.

Part 3 | POKeMON Trainer, Not Quite Master

Before TIM sets out once and for all, he stops at BEN's sister and grabs a Regional Map to help him stay his course. TIM then backtracked to VIRIDIAN CITY and continued to head north, after buying POKeBALLS, ANTIDOTES and other assorted sundries. Before heading to ROUTE 2, TIM spoke with the cranky old man who stopped him earlier, the man apologizes and shows TIM how to catch POKeMON. After that TIM moves forward but spots a sparkle in a nearby bush. As he draws closer he realizes it's a POTION stuck in a flimsy, old tree.

He then headed north past ROUTE 2. After crossing a check point, TIM entered the dark and maze-like VIRIDIAN FOREST. Distantly TIM heard the cries of a POKeMON, almost sounding like "Pika!" Whilst searching for any unusual POKeMON he came across a small bug POKeMON. The DEX asserted it was called CATERPIE and TIM, with help from SQUIRTLE caught his very first POKeMON.

TIM now continues to search for the Pika-Sounding-POKeMON, so he keeps his eyes open for any non-bug-type POKeMON.

To Be Continued.

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
Years
Hmmm, my memory of my 1st blue version is that even though i got the Sliph Scope, THE GHOSTS WERNT IDENTIFYED!
On Red Version, I beat the game and went into the Ceuralean (sorry if i mispelled it Cave, I was wandering around there for hours, then i finally made it to where mewtwo was, was thinking "What the--- what is this doing here?", and didnt even save, battled mewtwo (WITH NO POKEBALLS TO THROW) killed it, and the saved >.> never got out cause i traded my red for my friends fire red (worst plan ever)
In my 1st silver version file, i wasted my master ball on a Donphan in Victory road, In my 2nd file, i decided to go check out the whirl islands more, and i have to say it was my best idea, for i located Lugia all on my own, when i saw it, (i had my master ball) i went up and talked to it, entered battle, saw lugia and fell in love with it and used my master ball.
On my Yellow Version, i captured EVERY legendary pokemon except for mew
On my Crystal Version, i transfered my legendarys from yellow to it, got all the way to Red, when i first battle him i was confused, the second time, i took a closer look at his sprite, then immediatly grabed Yellow and checked the trainer card, and realized it was the same character, that i was battleing myself (Paradox anyone?)
Most of the gold versions i got had dead internal batteries, one of them died on me while i was in Team Rocket's hideout.
Oh, Also, i forgot to mention that on my first silver version, i caught a shiny Arbok, and unfortunetly when i didnt have pokeballs, found shiny machop, sentrent, geodude, and some others :(

*Edit* Almost forgot, in my 1st crystal version i had just captured entei, the last of the 3 beasts i needed to, and then my crystal version got washed and was unplayable >:(

I have begun playing Blue again and I am at Vermilion ( Haven't beat Lt.Surge yet) with this Team:

Wartortle Lv.30
Tackle-Bite
Bubblebeam-Water Gun

But since Lt. Surge is an electric leader and every time I try to catch a wild Pokemon I One-hit it, I am stuck.
If your still stuck there, i have a suggestion, go into the diglet cave and hunt for a Dugtrio, it should be about lv 28 so bite or tackle wouldnt 1HKO it
if this helps, your welcome :)

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Pokemon yellow journal!

Hey everybody! I just restarted my pokemon yellow game and wanted to add my personal pokemon journal as it goes along, everyone is free to post and add their opinion on my pokemon journey.
I will be adding character profiling every once and a while so you can see what the characters look like.

One thing i will make sure not to do is make it bland, and i will mark the journal entry's by days.
I will try to post as often as i can so keep up to date! (I will also be doing this with all of my other pokemon games but i decided to start with the classics)

Day 1
Cant fall asleep

In the midst of the night with a cool spring breeze brushing by my face i couldn't happen to fall asleep. All i could do was daydream about the day to come and think about all the adventure that was yet to behold itself upon me. And i could only wonder about the first pokemon i would be getting. It was so tough to pick... The stern bulbasaur, the awesome squirtle, and the ferocious charmander. All of them are great, but which one to pick... I just don't know. I will have to find out tommorow
(Character profile coming soon)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hun, you don't need your own thread to tell your story. There's already a journal journey. Merged.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Yo guys. Since the gym leader challenge thread for red version is closed I figured I'd post here in the form of a journal update.
*beat brock and headed to mount moon
*caught a parasect
*went through mount moon and grabbed the dome fossil.
*now I'm about to do the mew glitch. Beat Gary (named john) and about to conquer nugget bridge.

But yeah that's basically it. I'm having fun with this challenge, even though it's locked ;)

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
Breeding log & the hunt for shinies!

Hey everybody, this is where I will post the list of the pokemon that have hatched from eggs. The shinies will be bolded and in blue. I'll be breeding in Pokemon Crystal using a Shiny Ditto I've obtained with the Red Gyarados/Ditto trick.

Togepi
Elekid
Tauros
Tauros
Tauros
Tauros
Tauros

I've collected 7 eggs and hatched 0 shiny pokemon.

Last edited:

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Been playing Pokemon Yellow the past week. Whilst 2 of my friends been playing Red and Blue. Got a pretty OK team for where I'm at (Just defeated Lt.Surge.) Lost my first match today though, against Lt.Surge. Sucks. But only 1 loss is hardly anything.

My current team:
1. Butterfree lvl24
2. Charmander lvl19
3. Pidgey lvl21
4. Pikachu lvl23
5. Bulbasaur lvl17

Pokedex completion rate:
Seen: 55
Own: 24

Just been exploring digletts cave, and gathering up some items. For now I'll probably just relax in Vermilion city and hang around and go pick up Squirtle.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
My Journey is starting right now!

Hello everyone i am starting my own journey right now in Pokemon Red
Info

Name : Red

Rival name : Blue

Starter : Charizard

Ingame data : Defeated Blue

SamuJake

Years
Good to see someone else starting as well.

New update:

So just played Pokemon Yellow for a few hours today, headed back to Mt.Moon to go catch some Clefaries. Took a hell of a long time to do so, but I got them. I caught 3 total. 1 to trade with someone for Mr.Mime near Digletts cave, which I ended up doing so. And another to involve into Clefable, and one to keep as a Clefarie.

Also spent some time on the out-skirts of Vermillion city battiling the trainers on the fields to gain up some levels. And headed over to the watch tower to speak to Pro.Oak's aide and picked up the item-finder for officially owning 30 Pokemon. Spotted a Drowzee, and got to catch 2 of them. Hoping to evolve one into a Hypno.

Headed back to Vermillion city, spoke to a Police officer and she gave me Squirtle, however I decided to fill the 6th spot on my team, it was a Dugtrio I caught in Digletts cave, level 29, I couldn't miss that opportunity to have such a strong lvl Pokemon at that time to NOT be in my team. So I put Squirtle in the daycare, where I may pick him up later in the game.

Going to stop at Route 9 tonight, heading into Rock tunnel tomorrow, going to be annoying as heck.

Current Pokemon team:

1. Bulbasaur lvl 20
2. Charmander lvl 20
3. Pidgey lvl 21
4. Pikachu lvl 23
5. Butterfree lvl 24
6. Dugtrio lvl 29

Pokedex Completion rate:
Seen: 63
Own: 30

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Game Info : Pokemon Yellow

My Character Name : Ash

Rival : Gary

Starter : Pikachu

Game Progress : Defeated Gary Earned The Town Map/Earned The Pokedex/Delivered the Parcel That Oak wanted/Defeated Brock And Earned The Badge Went To MT.Moon/Earned Moon stone

Pokemon caught : Caterpie / Zubat / Geodude / Pidgey / Nidoran male / Clefairy / Paras

Pokemon Progress : Pikachu Level up to 7
Nidoran Evolved to Nidorino And Became NidoKing Using Moon Stone NidoKing is Level 21

Pokemon Owns : Pikachu / Caterpie / Zubat / Geodude / Pidgey / Nidoran Male --> Nidorino --> NidoKing / Clefairy / Paras

Other Info : Defeated Team Rocket at MT.MOON / Defeated Jissy and James >.> after tehy messed up all my team and made them all die but pikachu survived and made all their pokemons faint [the reason my team all got messed up is ekans .. he kept spamming warp and it prevented me from attacking lol]

Things Annoyed me in game : ZUBAT EVERY WHERE >.< And it keeps spamming Confuse ray :S

Pokedex Info : Seen But not Caught: Metapod / Weedle / Rattata / Spearow / Ekans / Sandshrew / Nidoran FEMALE / JigglyPuff / Oddish / Diglett / Mankey / BellsProut / Grimer / Onix / Voltorb / Koffing / EEVEE

Seen And Caught : Caterpie / Pidgey / Pikachu / Nidoran Male / Nidorino / Nidoking / Clefairy / Zubat / Paras / Geodude /

My Pikachu Mood : HE IS REALLY REALLY HAPPY (:

Other MOAR info : Arrived to Cerulean City and Misty Defeated me with her 1st pokemon @_@ [its that Staru thingy >..>] and i will continue to play the game and tell you what happend (:

Edit : DEFEATED MISTY [Finally]

Great news lol o-o i played 10 hours and 25 minutes and i finished pokemon yellow (: and yes i caught ALOT lot lot LOT of pokemons o-o XD i am happy cuz this is the first game i every finish by my self :P

Last edited:

SamuJake

Years
So tonight and this morning I explored through Rock Tunnel without the HM Flash, purely because I didn't want one of my Pokemon to be stuck with that HM forever. So I navigated my way through the cave using my Pokemon Yellow guide book I have. Took a while and end up catching myself a Onix, put it straight to the PC.

Battled all the trainers there and Dugtrio came in handy for a lot of the battles, just used Dig on them and they were gone mostly in 1 hit.

So I finally left Rock tunnel and entered the path to Lavender town, and versed a few trainers on the way. I actually don't like Lavender town anymore, ever since that creepypasta video on it, I can't look at it the same way, the music even hurts my ears even though it's not meant to and it's all in my head. But still, I looked around and visited the Name rater and changed Dugtrio's name to a nickname.

Left Lavender town to go on my way to Celadon City, on the way versed some MORE trainers, caught a Abra and a Kadabra and finally entered Celadon City where I am about to go visit the DEPT. Store and pick up a few things.

I also as well whilst in the Pokecentre, traded with my friend Julian and got myself 2x weedles and a Kakuna. And traded with another friend Jarrod and got myself a Meowth.

Oh and I evolved Charmander to Charmeleon.

Current team:
1. Bulbasaur lvl 25
2. Pidgey lvl 24
3. Pikachu lvl 27
4. Butterfree lvl 28
5. Dugtrio lvl 32
6. Charmeleon lvl 25

Pokedex completion:
Seen: 70
Own: 42

Status
Not open for further replies.