• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Are you trying to add more routes, as in route#26, or trying to just make a new route in general?

For the names, you can only replace the names; you can't add more. So if you wanted to make a "Route 26", you'd have to change that map to an existing name, and then edit that name. So if you changed it to, let's say "Tanoby Ruins" and then edited it to say "Route 26", that name will now permanently be "Route 26" for any map using the old "Tanoby Ruins" name.
Oh there is no possible way to add mroe? =(

Years
Hi there, I'm not an experienced hacker so I'm here to ask some questions:

1. Is it possible to edit/hack the Intro script in Pokemon Ruby so that rather than choosing you are a boy or girl and insert your name, you get to answer some personality questions or choose where you want to start off and stuff.
2. Is it possible to add Emerald's 2v2 trainer spotting system to Pokemon Ruby?
3. Is it possible to make Pokemon Ruby to choose custom character's appearance in the intro section? Like Yu-Gi-Oh! 5ds World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus that you are able to choose multiple character features.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
OK, I've added Johto leaders in my hack as trainers on Five Island. I want the champion music to play when you battle them. How do I do that? At the moment it plays the standard battle theme.

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
I edited Pallet Town and removed all the person events from the outside map
and for some reason whenever I add a new overworld onto the map they always apear on the same spot on the map even if I place them on the other side of the map in advance map
can someone help?

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
OK, I've added Johto leaders in my hack as trainers on Five Island. I want the champion music to play when you battle them. How do I do that? At the moment it plays the standard battle theme.

The trainer class needs to be set to "Champion".

i need help. first go to tools. then click save block palette picture and save it. how do i import that to a new rom?

I'm confused as to whawt you're asking. If you want to save a tileset, you click save tileset 0 or 1, and to load them, you click load tileset 0 or 1.

For blocks, it's the same thing. There's a load block button right next to the save block button.

and for some reason whenever I add a new overworld onto the map they always apear on the same spot on the map even if I place them on the other side of the map in advance map
can someone help?

A-map sometimes messes up with that. Close it, reopen it, and try again. It also does it a lot when another tool is open using the same ROM, specifically a hex editor.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I'm confused as to whawt you're asking. If you want to save a tileset, you click save tileset 0 or 1, and to load them, you click load tileset 0 or 1.

For blocks, it's the same thing. There's a load block button right next to the save block button.
If I try to load the block for tileset number 2 A-Map crashes... how do I not make it crash?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Does anybody know how to add new TMs, over existing items perhaps, or just new TMs in general? Thank you.

DisesioN

What I should do? I can't insert tiles because they became nothing.

29814985.png

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

In the Black Editor tab on Advanced Map, what is the difference between the Picture and the Block tab?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
can someone help?

Have you removed all of the level scripts from the map? Pallet Town's level scripts have a few movesprite2 commands in them which are the most likely reason why your sprite appears to be teleporting across the map.

29814985.png

When you're inserting a tile into a tileset they have to match the palette completely or else they appear like your picture. You just have 15 colours with which to make your tiles, any colours beyond that won't function.

I have corrected the link.

Image is still dead for me :P

I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

In the Black Editor tab on Advanced Map, what is the difference between the Picture and the Block tab?

While they look and perform similarly, they perform very different and useful roles. The picture tab allows you to load and save the tileset for editing in something like Paint or Photoshop, while the Block tab saves the 'blockset' which is mainly used within Advance Map itself. A good example to demonstrate what the blockset does is if you wanted to replace one tileset with a completely different tileset (eg replacing FR's default tileset 0 with the one used in the Safari Zone). Once you overwrite tileset 0 you will see that something horrible has happened - While the right-hand box of the block editor looks fine, the left appears to have been in a car crash. It would take quite a while to rebuild the blockset by hand, but it is far easier to go back to the Safari Zone, save its blockset and then overwrite tileset 0's just like you did with the tiles.

I guess you could say that if a tileset was a puzzle, the tiles would be the pieces and the blocks would tell them where to go and how to fit in with everything else; that's the best analogy :P

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

29814985.png

Yep, as pretty much DrFuji said. So you'll basically need to use MS Paint to make the colours of the tile you inserted the same palette of the tileset image. It may take some trial and error, but here's good way of getting it to match the palettes... is by using the Colour Picker tool in Paint and then use the pencil or paintbucket to fill in those colours of that tile you inserted to match all the other colours in the tileset image.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I don't know if this has been asked before, or if it has, if it's been answered, but what is the offset for the ASM routine where you pick your gender and name? I'm making a hack and I want the player to pick their name after a certain event happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back