• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Your favourite Legendary

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Who is your favourite legendary pokemon in the 3rd Gen and why? Mine is Zapdos because he was the first legendary i ever caught and he looks cool.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Rayquaza. Do I even need to say why? HE IS AWESOME! The shiny palette then? OMFG, the best I've seen. He started the Dragon-type legendary Pokémon series which hasn't ended since then. He has the main role in the games, stopping Kyogre and Groudon, and well, he's just my favorite legendary (except for Lugia, whom I'm not counting because I'm only considering non-event legendaries).

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Up to third gen? I'm gonna go with Raikou or Articuno. I think Raikou has a really cool design to him, and Articuno has just...a mystical beautiful look goin' for him.

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
Years
Definitley Jirachi! Because it has the best legend potential, imo. I feel like you can do a lot with its backstory.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I think I'm going with both Latios and Latias or Rayquaza.
Well I'm going with Rayquaza anyway. It's the first legendary I caught in that generation.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I guess this is for only 3rd generation legendaries.

If so, I probably go with Rayquaza. It's a very powerful dragon Pokemon with one of the best shiny forms in the entire series. Plus, he makes the elite 4 a breeze in Emerald.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Kyogre, cause no one beats water whale-ogres!

Also, I happen to love water types.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
There are quite some I like. Rayquaza is really cool and in emerald it destroys the E4. Also cool are Jirachi and Regice (even if I've never used him). Unfortunately getting Jirachi is impossible for me...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
It is between Jirachi,Groudon and Deoxys.

I think I will go for Jirachi as it has an unique typing Steel/Psychic and today it is the only legend with that typing.

Years
My fave Hoenn Legendaries would have to be Jirachi and the Lati's.

I love their designs and I do tend to love Psychic-type Legendaries a lot.

Years
Even though I'm assuming that our favorite legendary just has to be available in the 3rd gen games and not restricted to Hoenn, I'm still going with Rayquaza as my favorite. It's one of the few legendaries that I actually found myself using, partly because of it's unique design, and the other half because of it's part-Dragon typing. Also, it's hard to argue how awesome it's shiny version looks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
RAYQUAZA, it's a massive dragon being able to stop two titans just by roaring, plus it looks so awesome as a shiny

Last edited:

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
I'd go with Rayquaza.. I used him to single handedly defeat the Elite 4 with a well delivered O.H.K.Os eaxh.. And that's even considering the type-disadvantage that a few pokemon presented like Glailie being able to kill me in one shot with something I can't remember

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Rayquaza, along with being my favorite Pokémon in general. It just has this appearance that just suggests... well, everything to you. It has a menacing, mystic look, and the colour palette it has adds a lot to its design. It also has a great selection of moves to choose from, and no other legendary can beat it in terms of nearly everything (apart from stats/moves, but that's a different story).

So, yes, definitely Rayquaza.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
Groudon is my favorite (he's my favorite legendary anyway) He has a great selection of moves and he's my 2nd favorite color he can beat almost anything including the elite 4 by himself he's just Epic! And also he was my first Legendary and my first Pokemon Game Plus his Shiny form is Also Epic!

Last edited:
Back