• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'm not sure if I could imagine remakes in those new style of graphics. Not that it's a bad thing, but to be honest it wouldn't really feel as nostalgic for me without the top view overworld sprite.

What if the Hoenn remakes had graphics that were a 3D version of that picture of May followed by a Linoone walking through some grass? Who put in their signature for a bit again, and where'd it come from and go?

Thanks, Sydian, for changing your signature back to something that contains one the images from that source; doing so allowed me to select 'Copy Image Address' from the contextual menu that Safari, my Mac's web browser, generated for it. All of those ideas for how different areas of Hoenn could look on the 3DS if the graphics engine driving the region was designed to output images whose style looks about half-way between those of Generations V and VI came from a certain SirAquakip's DeviantArt page on a so-called 'Hoenn Project.' The graphics aren't accurate to Generation VI, but they have about the right zoom level…

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I do think it's bit too late for RSE remake. Well it's just a thought of mine we never know what Nintendo has in store for us.

A bit too late? It took like, ten years to remake G/S/C into HGSS. Since RSE was around 2003, 2004, it's not crazy to think it'd come out in '14 or '15.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Finally found something to re-boost my confidence in the remakes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzn4t6alzs
I, like many others, presume it will be some time after X & Y.
Excellent.

This would also be beneficial, since they can integrate X&Y graphics, techniques, changes, etc. (new type?) as well as boost sales for the 3DS.

I'd buy it. I hated R/S/C, but I'd buy it for the 3DS.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The music is extremely old news and seeing as there were no remakes for gen 5 despite all of the conclusive proof in the hints, that pretty much means everything "hinted" towards the remakes was nothing but wishful thinking and coincidence. Some of it were forced views on vague hints.

If they continue remakes, then yay, but all hints and proofs have been denied as false rumors. The cycle will start again in Gen 6 but right now there isn't any more support outside of "well first and second were done so they should do third as well."

We'll find out near the end of Gen 6 if we move to a new Generation we may never get more Remakes.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Oh what I would give for a RSE remake, perhaps set several years after the events of the original. I liked RSE because they were the first one where I personally felt that the gym badges and elite four were secondary to the more impressive storyline of the legendaries.

I'd love a remake where the gyms/league are only a secondary goal, and you have to unravel the mysteries as to why Rayquaza has suddenly dissapeared, causing Kyogre and Groudon to flee the region entirely; making wild pokemon crazed and agressive because of the missing ballancing natures of the two.

Damnit Nintendo, make me a decent 'dark' pokemon game.
You did it for The Legend Of Zelda with Twilight Princess, show Pokemon some loving too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Nintendo doesn't make the games, it's GameFreak...

Anyways I remember Gen III had music from gen 2 towns/routes that was never used as Gene. II wasn't remade for Gene. III. So Gene. V Gene. III music is proably the same. Still Gene. II were remade for the following one (Gene. IV) so hopefully Hoenn will follow suit and be remade in Gene. 6 . Also Gene. V was sort of rushed so the absence of remakes for that Generation makes sense, that and it's best to not have two sets of remakes on the same system imo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nintendo doesn't make the games, it's GameFreak...

Anyways I remember Gen III had music from gen 2 towns/routes that was never used as Gene. II wasn't remade for Gene. III. So Gene. V Gene. III music is proably the same. Still Gene. II were remade for the following one (Gene. IV) so hopefully Hoenn will follow suit and be remade in Gene. 6 . Also Gene. V was sort of rushed so the absence of remakes for that Generation makes sense, that and it's best to not have two sets of remakes on the same system imo.

It really doesn't especially since this is only coming up because there wasn't a remake when everyone said there would be a remake. Constantly changing the "proof" and hints is just a way of prolonging excuses. When it was apparent in Gen 5, it was said they would absolutely be done. Now that its been proven that it won't appear in Gen 5, all the proof and hints that pointed that they'd be in Gen 5 shift to they'll be in Gen 6.

We're just making excuses right now. Gen 2 Music in Gen 3 game has nothing to do with Gen 2 remake in Gen 4. Gen 3 music in Gen 5 has nothing to do with Gen 3 remake in Gen 6. We're just grasping at straws in an attempt to keep possibility alive and we don't even need to do that. They'll be remade when Gamefreak wants to remake them. They may not even drop any hints to a remake and magically create the Remakes when we least expect it.

Right now their focus is on New and better things. When they get over their little fad of speedily creating new things for self gratification and pats on the back to prove that they aren't out of ideas, they'll shift to remaking old games again. Though this can be anywhere between 2 to 10 years from now.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
It really doesn't especially since this is only coming up because there wasn't a remake when everyone said there would be a remake. Constantly changing the "proof" and hints is just a way of prolonging excuses. When it was apparent in Gen 5, it was said they would absolutely be done. Now that its been proven that it won't appear in Gen 5, all the proof and hints that pointed that they'd be in Gen 5 shift to they'll be in Gen 6.

We're just making excuses right now. Gen 2 Music in Gen 3 game has nothing to do with Gen 2 remake in Gen 4. Gen 3 music in Gen 5 has nothing to do with Gen 3 remake in Gen 6. We're just grasping at straws in an attempt to keep possibility alive and we don't even need to do that. They'll be remade when Gamefreak wants to remake them. They may not even drop any hints to a remake and magically create the Remakes when we least expect it.

Right now their focus is on New and better things. When they get over their little fad of speedily creating new things for self gratification and pats on the back to prove that they aren't out of ideas, they'll shift to remaking old games again. Though this can be anywhere between 2 to 10 years from now.

I know you're just stating the truth, but I nearly cried.
I can't wait 'til adulthood(?) for these remakes. I lost hope reading this message.
The world is at chaos over here, so I'm praying for something to lighten it up, like these remakes.
I grew up with Emerald, so I am disappointed. I presume I am (definitely) not the only one.
Game Freak, please; provide us a light. :knockedou

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I know you're just stating the truth, but I nearly cried.
I can't wait 'til adulthood(?) for these remakes. I lost hope reading this message.
The world is at chaos over here, so I'm praying for something to lighten it up, like these remakes.
I grew up with Emerald, so I am disappointed. I presume I am (definitely) not the only one.
Game Freak, please; provide us a light. :knockedou

There are rumors about the GBA games appearing on either the Wii U (newer) and 3DS Virtual Consoles. You can probably also find petitions to add them on to them somewhere.

I'm not saying they will never happen as Gamefreak wants our money. They'll happen eventually. We still have a 2 year waiting period after X and Y before anything can be finalized. Its not a solid thing to go off of, but based on what we have, its the only thing we have to go off of even if its most likely wrong. So 2015 is possible Remake territory.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

I agree with you, I was just stating some trivia there to show that music was present in gen III and didn't essentially mean remakes of gen II happened. It's funny how thus far their new things have to do with the first generation...though that's a conversation for the XY thread xD.

I hope it's not 10 years...1.5-2 years would fit best especially given that Emerald's tenth anniversary is around that time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree with you, I was just stating some trivia there to show that music was present in gen III and didn't essentially mean remakes of gen II happened. It's funny how thus far their new things have to do with the first generation...though that's a conversation for the XY thread xD.

I hope it's not 10 years...1.5-2 years would fit best especially given that Emerald's tenth anniversary is around that time.

The 10th anniversaries have already been proven to not matter. That's not even a valid connection any more.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
I'm not saying they will never happen as Gamefreak wants our money. They'll happen eventually. We still have a 2 year waiting period after X and Y before anything can be finalized. Its not a solid thing to go off of, but based on what we have, its the only thing we have to go off of even if its most likely wrong. So 2015 is possible Remake territory.

Oh, yay, two years (and even then, it's not solid enough?). Also, you sound kinda dull about these remakes, just sayin'.

Anywho, I hope that they could add some new Pokemon (for sure!), but that would mess up the time thing as those Pokemon weren't discovered yet, but they did for HG/SS. I wonder what other elements they may add.

Guest123_x1

We'll find out near the end of Gen 6 if we move to a new Generation we may never get more Remakes.

I was actually expecting R/S remakes during Generation V. If they don't come out with remakes of the Hoenn games during Gen. 6 (which will probably last at least 3½ years), then I don't think they'll do them at all period.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I was actually expecting R/S remakes during Generation V. If they don't come out with remakes of the Hoenn games during Gen. 6 (which will probably last at least 3½ years), then I don't think they'll do them at all period.

No, just…please, no; I don't even want to think about that possibility!

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt they would slap Hoenn on the end of X and Y but I do hope they procude a set of Remakes, it would be a huge opportunity popularity and money wise lost if they decided not too.

Years
Well, I certainly hope we will get some Ruby/Sapphire remakes, too. However, remakes do not sell as well as other Pokémon main games. Look at HeartGold/SoulSilver: I think within a few weeks, Pokémon Black/White had been sold as many times as HG/SS in a year or something. On the other hand, remakes may not be as complex to produce as new Pokémon games.

I personally think that they will certainly make R/S remakes.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
I imagine we will be able to tell whether R/S/E remakes are coming or not by December this year. If when the first trailer for the next movie airs it contains Zygarde, that's a pretty big hint that the next game(s) will be Z or (XZ/YZ) and we'll have to keep waiting. I found this (http://imgur.com/CtxHohV) which is pretty interesting.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You don't wanna revive this thread, man. It was a trainwreck. That being said, please don't post in threads over a month old. There's already a new thread to discuss this topic, so please use that instead. :)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back