• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to use YAPE. (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
YAPE is a pretty straight forward program. It allows you to edit piratically everything to do with Pokemon stats, names, Pokedex, and much more. The only thing it really doesn't edit is Pokemon Cries, Sprites, and Icons. All you have to do is save after you edit each Pokemon.

nonamefh.png

Okay, in the lower left hand corner you can see it will let you rename your Pokemon. Your Pokemon name can only be 10 letters long.

Under Base stats, you can edit HP, ATK, DEF, SP ATK, SP DEF, and SPD. The max you can have is 255. That number is the max for most things you can do in hacking Pokemon games.

EV's are the amount of EV's you gain when you defeat the Pokemon, for example if you changed Sp.Atk EV's to 3 on a Pidgey, and defeat it, you gain 3 Sp.Atk EV's.

Under EXP Data, you see Growth Rate and Base EXP. Growth Rate shows how fast a Pokemon gains levels. The lower the number the faster it grows. Base EXP shows how many EXP points it has when you first get it, I think.

In types, you can have two types. If you want a Pokemon to have a single type, you have the two types the same. If you want a Pokemon to have two types, I recommend that you choose the main type to be Type 1 and the side one to be Type 2. You can also choose the ???-type which is only used for eggs, glitches, and the move Curse.

Abilities is something they added in generation 3. They have a special powers to Pokemon. You can have two different abilities. I think that the first one will appear more often. Legendary Pokemon usually have the ability Pressure, and if you have no ability on your Pokemon, it just won't have one.

Items held will allow your Pokemon to hold items if caught in the wild.

Misc. Stats have two Catch Rate and Run Rate. Catch Rate will allow it to be harder or easier to catch. 0 is impossible and 255 is real easy! Run Rate is how common it is that it runs away from you in the Safari Zone, such as Chansey does commonly.

noname.png

Under Evolutions, you can see many different things. I'll go over them in different paragraphs.

You can add, remove, or edit evolutions. You can have up to five, so if you want to add Leafeon or Glaceon to your game without removing the others. You are sewered without hex editing.

You see Evolution type, this will allow you to choose different ways to evolve. You can make it where a Magikarp evolves into a Mewtwo when it reaches max beauty. You can make any type of evolution you want.

Item says that if it is holding it in a trade it will evolve or if it will evolve if you use it on a Pokemon.

Level says the level it evolves.

Egg Hatch Speed is the way you edit how fast a Pokemon can hatch from an egg.

Egg Group tells you what Pokemon can breed with others.

Base Happiness lets you edit how much your Pokemon loves you when you catch it.

Status Screen Direction Facing is stupid, but it allows you to change the direction a Pokemon faces in summary screen.

nonameho.png

The TM Compatibility lets you edit the TMs it can learn.

The HM Compatibility lets you edit the HMs it can learn.

The Learned Moves let you edit the moves it can learn via level gaining. To add more moves you need to delete some moves from other Pokemon. I suggest you remove the double moves on the Pokemon.

nonamek.png

Type lets you change the species, so you can change Seed to say Stupid Plant. :P

Color lets you change what the Pokedex says it's color is.

Pokedex entry can not be longer than what it was originally. Also don't go to the edge or you'll get run-off. Try not to go further than it was originally.

Height is in meters and Weight is in kilograms.

Size comparison is how big it is compared to the player character.

Thanks to Banjora Marxvile for correcting some mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
EVs will let you change the extra stats Pokemon will gain when they grow a level I think. That is why if you have a Pidgey at level 30 you trained since level 2, it would be stronger than a wild Pidgey at level 30

This bit is wrong. EV's are the amount of EV's you gain when you defeat the Pokemon, for example if you changed Sp.Atk EV's to 3 on a Pidgey, and defeat it, you gain 3 Sp.Atk EV's.

Size Comparison: Something to do with how big it is compared to the player.

Run Rate (Safari Zone) is how common it is that it runs away from you in the Safari Zone, such as Chansey does commonly.

Base XP is weird, I'm not sure about that one at all... But whether it is the EXP it had when you caught it, I don't know. But from past experience, it may have something to do with Growth Rate, but don't quote me on that one.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
H0w d0 i u5e th1s - Awwwwwww :( But serously I am a little conused about the height. P. Scale is obviously Pokemon scale, and T. is trainer but what is the 0.366x for? Thanx if you help ;)

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2010
I'm trying to get started hacking roms.
I have all the tools, yet whenever I try and save the rom after ive edited with it with one of my tools it does absolutely nothing to the rom after i try and play it.

ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
This program looks SO good! The only problem is this: i have a mac connected to the internet which i download all my programs to. I then copy the programs to a memory stick and use them on a windows so they're compatible right? (the windows has no internet btw). This works fine for every program except YAPE which is annoying. I always get some stupid error message and i have tried re-downloading it etc etc. I read somewhere i needed a new .net framework but couldn't work out what i need to download =/ any ideas?

Don't worry fixed it (:

Last edited:

PZLMKBB

Begining Hacker
Years
umm sorry about this ^^; but how do I add a new non TM or HM move, it doesnt let me add it when I try the add button, thanks in adavance

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
umm sorry about this ^^; but how do I add a new non TM or HM move, it doesnt let me add it when I try the add button, thanks in adavance

*sigh* READ FULLY!!! I already told this in the tutorial.

The Learned Moves let you edit the moves it can learn via level gaining. To add more moves you need to delete some moves from other Pokemon. I suggest you remove the double moves on the Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Yeah... This tool is super easy to use, but I was looking for an explanation on the base stats input... Thats what I'm confused about. At what level or conditions is the base stats indicating? For instance, dratinis base stat health and attack are at 41 and 64 according to YAPE. But starting a game with dratini as a starter at lvl 5 gives me 19 health and 12 attack. All stats are wrong for that matter, and a lvl 100 dratini has stats way higher than that. So as far as I can tell the base stats are not matching up, how would I know how to change them?

I also noticed each level gain, the additional stats you get each level is random. Is there a way to define this? Or is it as I said, at random? I can tell EVs have no effect on this. Dratini has a EV 1 def, but the stats still randomized each level. (at first I figured it may be a bonus stat per level or evolution, but read that it was "effort value" for fighting against it, but it never defines "effort value")

And for the EVs, I kinda understand what you mean, but can I get more detail? How and when is that EV is used? Like, for instance, you kill a pidgey with an EV sp-atk 3, it gives those stats to your pokemon? When it levels or right then?

Thanks. Noobish tool, but I think these are valid questions, right? :P

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Yeah... This tool is super easy to use, but I was looking for an explanation on the base stats input... Thats what I'm confused about. At what level or conditions is the base stats indicating? For instance, dratinis base stat health and attack are at 41 and 64 according to YAPE. But starting a game with dratini as a starter at lvl 5 gives me 19 health and 12 attack. All stats are wrong for that matter, and a lvl 100 dratini has stats way higher than that. So as far as I can tell the base stats are not matching up, how would I know how to change them?
I also noticed each level gain, the additional stats you get each level is random. Is there a way to define this? Or is it as I said, at random? I can tell EVs have no effect on this. Dratini has a EV 1 def, but the stats still randomized each level. (at first I figured it may be a bonus stat per level or evolution, but read that it was "effort value" for fighting against it, but it never defines "effort value")

And for the EVs, I kinda understand what you mean, but can I get more detail? How and when is that EV is used? Like, for instance, you kill a pidgey with an EV sp-atk 3, it gives those stats to your pokemon? When it levels or right then?

Thanks. Noobish tool, but I think these are valid questions, right? :P

Base stats aren't the stats at the levels, it is kinda like... Well, how good each stat is, compared to other Pokemon. Simple answer being, there is probably a way to work it out, research it. Google, ask around...

EV ISN'T related to said pokemons level up. If your pokemon defeated a Dratini, that pokemon gains 1 Def EV. Like how people in competitive play EV their pokemon, they use certain ones. This tells you what is best for what EV gain for your Pokemon. It doesn't affect Dratini. And no, your pokemon don't gain the stats. For every 4 EVs, your pokemon gains 1 more point in that stat (only real noticable at Lv 100. If it had 0 EVs in attack, compared to the same pokemon with 4 EVs, it has 1 lower ATK stat.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Ok thanks. I was just wondering since it didn't match up. So now I'll just take it as an estimate.

Yeah I know that wasn't what the EVs were, but you still answered my question, so thanks again. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
how come everytime i let my pokeon evolve with this....
it decreases level like my spinda i tried to let it evolve to jirachi in lv.20
(my spinda was lv.19)
it went back 4 steps which makes it lv.16
NEED HELP!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2010
Can someone tell me where can i download this (YAPE) ???
I have already download it, but it's not working ??

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
how come everytime i let my pokeon evolve with this....
it decreases level like my spinda i tried to let it evolve to jirachi in lv.20
(my spinda was lv.19)
it went back 4 steps which makes it lv.16
NEED HELP!!!!!

You need to change the Growth Rate so it's the same for both Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back