• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I was being highly sarcastic in that statement (mostly just to bully tease Netto). IMO SAO isn't even close to the top ten of 2012. :P
SAO could've been good, but some things just really wrecked it. A bit unfortunate.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Oh, that's not what I meant. Tumblr is great for finding images.
It's not so great at giving source to or credit them, though.

I must add that it's an unspoken rule amongst many tumblrers (is that even a word?) that the picture must be credited to the original poster. There are even tutorials out there on how to use certain programs/sites to find the source. I've seen people get angry over sourcing. As an artist, however, I support linking to the original source. You don't put hours and hours and hours in a picture to see it disappear in the voids of the internet where other people run around showing off your art without mentioning you. It's why I try to put watermarks on picture I put on tumblr.
But by no means is "tumblr" a valid source, it's like putting "deviantart", or "google".

I enjoy SAO... But I've seen better series~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

I was being highly sarcastic in that statement (mostly just to bully tease Netto). IMO SAO isn't even close to the top ten of 2012. :P
SAO could've been good, but some things just really wrecked it. A bit unfortunate.

They ruined a good Light Novel...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Well said, Kotowari person!
Makes me think about the joke drawing of mine that found its way to Reddit and then exploded onto the internet without control. No watermark or signature there, hahaha.

Though in that particular situation I don't really care. While I'm a bit proud of it being seen by so many, I don't have any interest in forcing people to credit me. It's a pretty lousy drawing to begin with, and the people who see it on 9gag and lolfactory and other yucky places like that aren't really my target audience anyway. :P

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Kotowari person? You don't recognise me anymore, Pokestick?//Sobs

I can understand if it's a "lousy" drawing, but when it comes to full-fledged pictures, I'd like to know where my art goes. I guess that's why I add an extra watermark on big pictures, whereas it's just my signature on smaller ones. I found it quite weird when I googled my deviantname and found myself as a tag on Zerochan. But only one of my pictures was linked to that tag. The weird feeling was me being torn between feeling happy that people liked my art enough to go post it elsewhere, and bitter that they didn't bother asking/crediting me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I don't blog drawn images really so I have nothing to fear and I keep all credits as they were and don't delete anything:)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I'm terrible at remembering people, okay? ;;
I recognize you as the DGM loving person, but I'm so bad at usernames.

...Wait, now I realised the 9gag post actually links to my DeviantArt. Huh, guess they actually did their research hahaha. Though I guess nobody clicked that one, unlike the little comment that linked to it on Reddit.
Though yeah, kudos to 9gag this time. Usually I have a pretty negative association with the site, but damn.

No yuzahunter tag on Konachan or anything like that. :P
I have noticed Christina's work on several occasions on Safebooru and such, though. Which is cool.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Okay, okay. Please accept my humblest appologies. It's Mudkipblader from waaaaaaaaay back. o3o/

Oh, that's nice. I heard that Signomi was part of Safebooru's staff, though. I think it was Thom/Stand Alone who told me that after I told him that I saw her art used in an add for that site. Always nice to see links to PC in the real world (it was a Dutch Anime/Manga/Game/J-life magazine).

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Apology accepted. You may now kiss my feet.
I see, had no idea about that. Sound pretty nice indeed. It's a small world hahaha.

...Will probably head to bed shortly though. It's preeeetty late. Or early in the morning if you look at it that way.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Only if health inspection has made sure you washed them.

Yeah, it was quite a surprise to suddenly see her picture pop up, though. She's got such a distinctive style that it could not have been anyone else's.

Likewise~ Goodnight.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Idk if she's staff or not, but they did use her art for the "banner" or whatever it's called. Don't even really know what the site is tbh.

Also Pokey: what image are you talking about? I don't frequent reddit, and I'm not a 9gag regular. o3o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

The 'boorus? Image sites. Safebooru is the one without all the nsfw stuff.

/never goes onto any of those sites until pixiv fails her or something.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I like the tag without the black box and text there, Dero. Also much love to Dante. And if memory serves, that's his Lucifer weapon, isn't it? O:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back