• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
If they area adding a new region I just really, really hope they add more poison pokes. :( I mean like if they kept consistant with how many they made in gen 1(which holds about half of the poison population if i'm not mistaken), then poison would be one of the most abundant types

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So the trailer has been released and so far it's still seeming like no Poison type legendaries will be around to bless us - this sucks! And it's not looking like and of the starters will adapt to the Poison type either at the moment - other than perhaps Froakie? What do you guys think?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Here's something new: I like Froakie. Probably the next frog looking Pokemon I like after the Poli line. I don't think it'll have poison properties, which is off topic, but it's new, and almost everyone is excited.

I might get excited when the reveal that you can catch Nid*shot*

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd be really surprised if you can't catch Nid xD They seem to be involving a lot of the previous generation Pokémon into these new games, so I wonder which Poison types will come up... Think they'll go for the popular well-known ones like Nid/Weezing/Crobat or the lesser-known ones like Stunky/Gulpin/Croagunk? I'm kind of expecting them to focus more on the lesser-known Pokémon for this game to try and boost their publicity a bit, but who knows! I'd certainly love to see Gulpin and Croagunk at least be catchable in the game, they'd be perfect on a team <3

CourageHound

Years
I'm not sure if you'd be able to catch previous generation pokemon in main story...Idk, maybe they just showd some of the oldies to hide some of the new pokemon? Dont get me wrong, i'm hoping we get to meet previous poison pokes i just dont want them using previous pokemon as filler pokedex space. What I hope is that they add more creative poison type moves and abilities.

Well, either way, i'm lovin Froakie.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Think a Poison type evolution tree for Froakie is possible? I honestly wouldn't be surprised, it looks like it could certainly play this role very well given its origin. Though perhaps that'd border too closely on Croagunk's territory? Not sure, what do you guys think? :o

CourageHound

Years
Hmm..well if Froakie was part poison that would mean that both it and croagunk would be dart from. If I get the chance i'll try and see what frog Froakie is based off of. But froakie's water type is what gives it, its diversity from croagunk if it did become poison. And Water/Poison sounds like a mighty fine type if I do say so myself.

@AlexOzzyCake Off Topic, but I was thinking if we should change the featured Poison Pokemon since koffing has been up there for a while?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm..well if Froakie was part poison that would mean that both it and croagunk would be dart from. If I get the chance i'll try and see what frog Froakie is based off of. But froakie's water type is what gives it, its diversity from croagunk if it did become poison. And Water/Poison sounds like a mighty fine type if I do say so myself.

@AlexOzzyCake Off Topic, but I was thinking if we should change the featured Poison Pokemon since koffing has been up there for a while?

Tentacruel mark 2 perhaps? That's certainly not something I'd mind seeing, but if so I'm hoping this'll turn into more of a sweeper than that bulky wall of a jellyfish. How about the other two starters, any expectations of Poison typings there? I'm pretty certain the Grass one won't be, but in the trailer the Fire starter used an attack which could just be Poison based so possibly!

I agree haha. Any suggestions for a replacement? I think it was me that chose Koffing so I'll leave it up to you guys this time. :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
^Gulpin. He's pretty cool.

Anyway, I had typed up a reply way earlier from a different computer, yada yada yada browser issues, and I just couldn't be arsed. So, I'll try it again now from a more reliable computer.

I feel like if anyone is used from previous generations, they'll probably hail from 4 and 5 because it's the most recent, and fresh in the minds of the younger folk, or at least those keeping up with the series. I can't remember any from 2 aside from Spinarak and Ariados, so your guess is as good as mine, there. And from Generation one, I'd only expect Ekans and then Grimer OR Koffing, but not both. Nidos will not be in generation 6, at least not without some kind of trade or import from a different game, because they are not only competing with a thousand other Pokemon or whatever, but they're also criminally unpopular in Japan as it is. That's why I'm not expecting miracles, and make all those posts in jest since I already know it ain't happenin'.

I do see the possibility of Pokes from Gen 3, because I'm certain an R/S remake is inevitable (though unnecessary). All I remember is Gulpin/Swalot and Seviper, though. I could swear G3 had more than that. But seeing Kirlia in the trailer, well, there's at least some G3 Pokemon in there anyway.

As for... what, Froakie? Man, forgot its name already. We were talking about it in class, someone mentioned the possibility that it could be water/ice. That would be pretty interesting. Was Piplup water/ice?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that its poison, though, just because it's some kind of frog. It's possible, but there are other options.

CourageHound

Years
I would say Muk for the featured poison type, but i'll go for something different and say Crobat

@dbp naw Empoleon was water/steel. T-T And ur lucky to have the luxury of kids in ur class that like to talk about pokemon. I dont think Froakie would be part ice seing as it would conflict with his foamy bubble cape, or whatever that is

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Everyone in my class is at least old enough to be in grad school (so like 21+), we're all, at worst, nostalgic. It's funny because almost everyone unanimously agreed that the only generations that matter was 1 and 2, and people were hatin' on some Pokemon I didn't even know existed (one that looks like a trash can and some ice cream or something, according to them).

I didn't agree, but I see where they're coming from, not being that invested in the series since they were younger (but invested enough to still buy the games if they don't end up selling them off again later). I'm not either, as we're all aware, but (as I told you in the VM), I'm the most knowledgable about Pokemon in class, which is funny because I look like a dunce here. I still remember stupid facts about Gens 1-3 and was correcting people left and right. :B

I didn't think about Froakie having bubbles when I saw the design at first. I'm not sure if others did either. They probably just saw white and concluded ice.

So yeah, how bout those Poison Pokemon?

CourageHound

Years
So yeah, how bout those Poison Pokemon?

xD

Well, recently i've been looking at some good fakemon and they made some really good poison types. Like a komodo dragon-like pokemon. I mostly wanna see new animals with all the upcoming poison types. A water/poison dolphin pokemon would be awesome. Ya know how every gen has at least one canine like pokemon? I think i'd like this gen's canine to be poison type.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I dunno if I'd consider a dolphin poisonous, though. Do any poison (Pokemon) lizards exist? I know we've got the snakes, but I'd be surprised if that haven't cashed in on that angle yet.

A poison monkey that looked super serious, like a gorilla or something, would be funny. Maybe it'd be funnier if it was a chimp. Then again, maybe that'd hit too close to home for some...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I dunno if I'd consider a dolphin poisonous, though. Do any poison (Pokemon) lizards exist? I know we've got the snakes, but I'd be surprised if that haven't cashed in on that angle yet.

You know what, somehow this had never actually crossed my mind. Why don't we have a Poison type lizard? (Unless we're all just being thick and missing one haha.) It seems like a really obvious way to go in my mind, so over the 5 generations so far I'm amazed that it hasn't come up. Perhaps they'll opt for a Rock/Poison fossil Pokémon in Gen 6 and it could take on the role of an ancient venomous lizard? Rock/Poison would be a really interesting type to work with (though completely 100% crippled by Ground), so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Also the new featured Pokémon is between Gulpin and Crobat - any last votes? :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Gulpin all day long.

I think a Poison/Psychic would be sort of interesting if it doesn't exist. Like, what would you consider something that's both poisonous and psychic?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think a Poison/Psychic would be sort of interesting if it doesn't exist. Like, what would you consider something that's both poisonous and psychic?
It certainly would be interesting, but I'm not certain what form that could take... I always assumed Grumpig would be be Psychic/Poison when I first saw it due to the colour scheme and gems on its body, plus the fact that pigs are often considered dirty and foul animals so Poison would make sense for it, so perhaps a Poison/Psychic type could take on the form of the pig? However there's already Drowzee, Grumpig and Munna as Psychic type pig-type creatures, so I doubt they'd introduce this. Perhaps some kind of crystal creature that'd have both sets of powers? They're surprisingly hard types to mix D:

Years
I'll go with Gulpin for Featured Pokemon.

As for a Poison/Psychic-type, I don't know how they'll show it off, but maybe they should have an interesting origin to it. And it would also lack a lot of weaknesses too, being weak to just Ghost and Dark.

CourageHound

Years
And it would also lack a lot of weaknesses too, being weak to just Ghost and Dark.

Dont forget ground. But yea thats still alot of weaknesses.

Well, does anyone else want a poison type komodo dragon? Cuz i'd definately have it on my team if there was one.

Oh, and still voting for crobat - featured pokemon :/

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
At least it'd be a poison reptile that's not a snake, so I don't see why not. Granted I was thinking more along the lines of a brightly colored gecko or something.

I'm pretty lost on poison/psychic myself. Like, all I can think of is "Dark Alakazam" and even then that'd probably be dark/psychic. Haha, actually, Dark Alakazam is a funny thought considering how minimalist I'm imagining it would look.

Also, Drowzee is a Tapir Pokemon.

Edit: Ok, check it. Think Misdreavus, but less witch like and more like a cursed wondering soul. Like the ghost of Ralts or something. Its mostly benevolent, but lonely in that is can't make contact with things without poisoning it. And yet, it has Psychic.... aaahhh and then it all falls apart because you can only have two types. Dang! I thought I was on to something.

Fine. "Dirty Ralts". >:|

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Urr....cant really imagine a poison psychic pokemon either...UNLESS!! :o

It was a genie! A psychic genie that releases toxic fumes upon exiting its shell(lamp). The gasses poison all with evil intentions. Whatya guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back