• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - January 2010

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Identity

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Pokémon Sienna

Votes: 53 54.6%
  • Pokémon Top Secret

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hack of the Month Voting - January 2010

h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of February to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I vote for Sienna. For many reasons. The sprites are great, the whole original nintendo feel, the scripts, and, uh, Top Secret doesn't seem really intriguing. So...Sienna it is.

Good luck, Her Doctoren!

Years
The story in Identity is really catching, and the mapping looks pretty decent. The scripting is pretty good as well, but, for one, I really don't like the player speaking, and two, it seems to be missing something. I'm not sure what, but it's lacking something.

Sienna's story is more-or-less ordinary, but it has, in my opinion, been executed pretty well. The beta is fun, the scripting great and the mapping very appealing. I like the mix of RSE and FRLG tiles, but I don't really like the flower's palettes. I still love the game, though. This one got my vote, and I have no biased points in my reasons why.

Mediggo's hack is cool, concept-wise, but there are quite a few turn-offs, for me. To be honest, I haven't played the release, but the palette for the textbox is a serious eyesore, and so are the PC palettes. The sprites could do with some work, too. On the flip side, the scripting seems to be good, and so does the mapping, but the piece of work just isn't my cup of tea.

So, in a nutshell, Identity has a nice story, decent mapping and scripting but seems to lack something, Sienna has an ordinary sort of story, with good maps, great scripts and gets my vote, and Top Secret needs some graphical work, has nice mapping and scripting but doesn't really work for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Identity.
The story is by far the best, and, well, everything else is amazing!

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2010
My vote goes to Identity. I played as a girl and have to say that it is story driven - and really intriguing. The tense moments are well thought out and executed. The only hack up to date that has left me wanting for the next release just to carry on with the story. Best hack I've seen - and I love the fact that the player can talk to herself. Wouldn't mind waiting another year for the next release.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
Pokémon Sienna

the reason i voted for Pokémon Sienna is because of the story and how they keeped the hack nice and simple

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
i've only played Identity, though but I read the opening post of Sienna and Top Secret but I gotta say Identity's story hooked me more tan the others. I was excited since the first minute of the game and every event made it even more mysterious and exciting, no game has ever hooked me like that (and since Identity, I like Seedot a lot more!^^). Wat I really loved most, was that ghetto idea: It was something no Pokegame would ever touch, but it was really fun after all!^^ Also, Identity's scripting was impressive,too and the mapping style is awesome, sprites aren't changed but that's okay and so is the sometimes not-so-suiting music, but the other good points can balance that!^^

So, my vote is for Identity!^^

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
I like Pokémon Sienna - The Doctor it has such lively colours, I like the sprite he used as his main character and it's not to dark there, and yeah there is just one main character, so it's simple and I like it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back