• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
Cacturne does have a STAB 115 base attack power after all. i think Cacturne really has the potential to be a really strong pokémon, if given a chance. even if its defense is a little lacking.

man this is making me wanna play Sapphire again.. XD;

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
cacturne is another totally underrated pokemon, i say. :) sucks about the ever-present sandstorm damage it receives though.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
it really is too bad Cacturne has a sandstorm hazard even though it lives in a desert. makes me feel sorry for it. XD;
still, i don't think they should've changed its typing to match the surroundings.. mainly because i think they would've ditched the DARK-typing then. cause a cactus is still a plant.

and well, how much time did you really spend in the Hoenn desert anyway? i know i wasn't in there for long. bike in there, beat the trainers, get the items and the fossil, catch a Trapinch and a Cacnea, and GET OUTTA THERE AGAIN XD;

miltankRancher

Years
If you put it that way, yeah. Cacturne only faces the sandstorm damage during battles with Hippowdon and other Sandstorm-using Pokemon.

AnastasiaStardustXiaolong

Resident Zacian
Years
Username:AnastasiaStardustXiaolong
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:They rock.my first partner was a poochyena actually- as soon a si caught one my starter was in the PC
Your partners: Zorua{Night],Umbreon{Rosette}
What Types rule:Dark types rule everything..........Nothing else matters. X3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username:
Sector Revenge
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:
They have Dark Aura about them and they are evil-ish looking!
Your partners: (Up to two)
Zoroark (Zoey) & Umbreon(Zankou)
What Types rule:
Psychic..haha
Of course it's Dark type. :) Dark type would so destroy Psychics! resistance ;)

miltankRancher

Years
Hi there sector revenge! Welcome to the club.

and yes. Dark will dominate them Psychic-types. Too bad for the mind-users.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hi there sector revenge! Welcome to the club.

and yes. Dark will dominate them Psychic-types. Too bad for the mind-users.
Scrafty got the luck with its fighting half. Says "ha ha Psychic, you can't touch me!"

Which mark the question. Who would win.

Wild Darkrai vs Wild Darkrai?

That's a good question, we'll never know! LOL

AmiEkcona

Pokemon Master
Years
Username: AmiEkcona
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark-typed Pokemon PWN.
Your partners: Umbreon and Zorua
What Types rule: Dark-types! They're sneaky and even better than Ghost-types.

miltankRancher

Years
welcome to the club both of you.

I think we need a new topic.

Before generation IV, all Dark-type moves were special. However, the presence of powerful Dark-type moves like Crunch, Pursuit, and Thief certainly does not make Dark all that special. So: Do you think it was right to classify them as Special moves? Also, discuss anything related to Dark-type, preGenIV.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Username: ShinyHounddom
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: A good type to use
Your partners: Houndoom and Tyranitar
What Types rule: Dark-types Rule!

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
welcome to the club both of you.

I think we need a new topic.

Before generation IV, all Dark-type moves were special. However, the presence of powerful Dark-type moves like Crunch, Pursuit, and Thief certainly does not make Dark all that special. So: Do you think it was right to classify them as Special moves? Also, discuss anything related to Dark-type, preGenIV.

For some dark types like Houndoom it was a blessing because it had both types be special, which is the better stat.But for the likes of say Absol, it's a curse. Sure it got STAB from the dark moves, but it wasn't the better attack stat to go off of. To me it's a double edged sword.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No one minds if I answer these questions?
Spoiler:

And for the new topic.
For certain moves such as Crunch ,Bite ,Faint Attack it didn't seem fair cause they appear as physical moves that would actually require contact. In Generation I Bite was a normal physical move and making it a special move sort of demoted that. And like what ShinyHoundoom said, certain Pokemon like Houndoom it was an advantage cause of it's Dark/Fire typing both types of moves were special.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Hi there Awsquared! I see you are a fellow Umbreon fan! :)

Anyway, I agree with both of you guys, but I would like to add something else. There are very few Pokemon outside Houndoom who is Dark type and could utilize the special set. In fact, I believe only Umbreon and Houndoom prior to Generation IV could actually benefit from the special set.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
I thought I might as well answer these questions

• What is your favorite Dark-Type?

Houndoom has always been my favorite.

• When did you start liking your Favorite Dark Pokemon?
Since Gen II.

• Favorite Dark-Type Move?
Dark Pulse and Crunch

• Which is the most Underrated?
In my mind Houndoom and Honchcrow.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
I thought I might as well answer these questions

• What is your favorite Dark-Type?
Houndoom has always been my favorite.​

• When did you start liking your Favorite Dark Pokemon?
Since Gen II.​

• Favorite Dark-Type Move?
Dark Pulse and Crunch​

• Which is the most Underrated?

I thought I'd post a pic of my Real life Houndoom, since there's another Houndoom fan on here, His name is Spiro, he knows a few moves, Crunch, pursuit and flamethrower (From the wrong end though, lol)

lawn.jpg

miltankRancher

Years

Which is the most Underrated?

I agree with you here. Houndoom is a really cool Pokemon, possessing equally awesome movesets and stats. The only drawback he has is his obvious lack of keeping his weaknesses at bay.

Honchcrow had been in OU in gen IV, IIRC. He's a pretty much good Pokemon, and certainly a really welcomed Gen IV evolution.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2012
Username: Dark Zoroark
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: RAWR!! THEY ROCK!!
Your partners: (Up to two) Zoroark and Krookodile
What Types rule: Duh? DARK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back