• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If you could erase any Sinnoh Pokemon from existence...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
...which one would it be? Why? Is your decision based off that Pokemon's aesthetics? Movepool? Competitive capabilities?

Discuss!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hmm to be quite honest, running the list of Sinnoh Pokemon through my head I can't see one that I'd like to get rid of, but if I had to make a decision it would definitely be Burmy. I can see Game Freak trying to think of something creative and it's concept was interesting but, it's design was rubbish. I think that's an unintentional pun right there but yeah to get to the point Burmy overall is absolutely awful. It's stats are awful, the overall design isn't particularly great and there's nothing much I personally like about it.

Also Combee is the cutest Pokemon in existence. :(

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Ohohohoo. The list I have here. But, I'll just post one.

Bidoof: I understand that allot of people like this Pokemon for some reason, but he was never good on my team and his evolution looks pretty dumb... so does Bidoof itself... Actually, I think this of most early game normal types.

Years
Can I erase Probopass from existence for looking absolutely ridiculous? It's actually a decent Pokemon, but I could never find myself using it just because of its design.

The only other Pokemon I think I might erase is Heatran. Gen IV really felt like it started to add more and more legendaries just for the sake of it, and Heatran is one of those in my eyes. I almost considered Regigigas, too, but at least it has some connection to other legendaries, unlike Heatran, who's just kind of there.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
If I could erase one shinnoh pokemon it would be Mime Jr. It has no point in the game as Mr.Mime REALLY did not need a pre-evolution. Plus it is Ugly.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
Years
I could go on for days talking about all of the ones I would get rid of. But the top 5 ones i would get rid of is; 5 chingling, there is no real point to this pokemon, it's moves are terrible and the stats are bad to. 4, pachirisu, this pokemon is basically a copy of a pikachu, also it's moves aren't nearly as good as picaku's. We don't need another over rated pokemon that everyone loves so much. 3, the whole kricketot family, what bug has a handle bar mustache and the only good move that kricketune can learn is x-scissor. 2, mime jr. and bonsly. why must the sinnoh region add an evolution to EVERY pokemon, these are just terrible pre- evolution forms. 1, happiny, why is he even here. All that you have to do is level up happiny one with an oval stone and he evolves into a useful Chansey. 1.5, phione, he is just a copy of manaphy. He doesn't show up in any of the manga, and I though he was at least the pre- evolution to manaphy but no, he is a totally different pokemon.

I honestly don't hate the sinnoh region, I just think that they made a lot of pointless evolutions. Some of my favorite pokemon are from the sinnoh region, like lucario.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
omg can I only get rid of one? I have a few so too bad. If you love gen IV Pokemon, you can just skip my post lol. :P

Lickilicky
Just because of the name. I mean, how could this name pass? You can never talk about this Pokemon in public, because people will think you're talking about like...naughty things! I had someone on the bus ask me to trade him one and omg talk about awkward. ;___;

Grotle
It just looks...uncomfortable. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean look at it. It's all hunched over and just looks like it's in pain and omg its face blehhh.

Burmy
Like everyone else said, this guy can go. The concept was interesting, but it came out ugly and just...idk it's gimmicky. However, I like Wormadam and Mothim. They're not fantastic, but I think it would have made more sense to skip Burmy and just have Wormadam and Mothim as completely unrelated Pokemon. Burmy doesn't even look like Mothim so...wtf? lol

Phione
Again, this one has already been mentioned as being pointless, and it really is. It was basically like GameFreak said "Quick, let's shove in one more legendary into this gen that already has a ton of them!" And with that, you get the most useless legendary in the whole series. I guess it's neat that it comes from Manaphy and Ditto breeding, but still, not worth the gimmick.

MALE Combee
Seriously, I don't see the point in making a Pokemon that has a low chance of being female...and the only Combee that evolve have to be...female. That's a kick in the face if I ever saw one. Why even have males? Just have them all female. I guess it's more logical to have many male Combee because that's similar to real bees, but let's not TRY to put logic in a game where ten year olds go off on adventures with wild beasts. I think Combee is adorable, but Lord, the males can just go. They're worthless. Really.

Ambipom
There are udders on its tails and that's all I'm going to say. That's all. Okay. Yup. Udders. Bye.

I think that's all I got for now. In making this list, I never realized how gimmicky a lot of the Pokemon are. Cherrim's ability is gimmicky too, which I like Cherrim so I don't want it to be gone, but yeah. I digress though.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
omg can I only get rid of one? I have a few so too bad. If you love gen IV Pokemon, you can just skip my post lol. :P

I won't! :D

Lickilicky
Just because of the name. I mean, how could this name pass? You can never talk about this Pokemon in public, because people will think you're talking about like...naughty things! I had someone on the bus ask me to trade him one and omg talk about awkward. ;___;

Ask the Japanese. Its Japanese name is Beroberuto, and I think Lickilicky is probably the most accurate translation, so they picked it.

Grotle
It just looks...uncomfortable. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean look at it. It's all hunched over and just looks like it's in pain and omg its face blehhh.

Torterra is boss, though.

Burmy
Like everyone else said, this guy can go. The concept was interesting, but it came out ugly and just...idk it's gimmicky. However, I like Wormadam and Mothim. They're not fantastic, but I think it would have made more sense to skip Burmy and just have Wormadam and Mothim as completely unrelated Pokemon. Burmy doesn't even look like Mothim so...wtf? lol

A cloakless Burmy resembles Mothim more than Caterpie resembles Butterfree. Just sayin'.

Phione
Again, this one has already been mentioned as being pointless, and it really is. It was basically like GameFreak said "Quick, let's shove in one more legendary into this gen that already has a ton of them!" And with that, you get the most useless legendary in the whole series. I guess it's neat that it comes from Manaphy and Ditto breeding, but still, not worth the gimmick.

It's not a legendary. It's banned from wifi because GF is silly, but, since it's not an unique Pokémon, it's not legendary.

MALE Combee
Seriously, I don't see the point in making a Pokemon that has a low chance of being female...and the only Combee that evolve have to be...female. That's a kick in the face if I ever saw one. Why even have males? Just have them all female. I guess it's more logical to have many male Combee because that's similar to real bees, but let's not TRY to put logic in a game where ten year olds go off on adventures with wild beasts. I think Combee is adorable, but Lord, the males can just go. They're worthless. Really.

You do know queen bees are rare, right? There's like, one in a honeycomb. Combee is a honeybee, therefore Vespiquen (the queen) should be rare.

Ambipom
There are udders on its tails and that's all I'm going to say. That's all. Okay. Yup. Udders. Bye.

Never cared about him.

GalacticGlameow

Galactic Grunt!
Years
Bibarel! Bidoof is somewhat okay but Bibarel is just dumb-looking and his attacks are weak. I only have him on my team for the HMs like Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Burmy line for starters. They are largely forgettable and fairly useless, their gimmick is poor and the 'better' option of Mothim is... also poor and rather too close to already existing, superior options (butterfree? beautifly? uh...).

If I had to choose another then it'd be maybe one of the pre-evolutions/evolutions of previous gen Pokemon, as some didn't appear to me much in design nor prove to be a useful addition with battling prowess.

Bidoof? Keep it! Maybe that encounter rate was a bit too high, but it was wonderful as a HM slave and with the right amount of derp to it too. Who needs a boring forgettable HM slave when you can use one with buck teeth and a vacant expression?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Erase as in having never existed, or just erase it from current time so I'll never have to see it again :D

I'd say, if the Pokemon was to never have existed, I'd honestly choose Arceus. Like, I like it as a Pokemon and all, but I just feel like having an actual God Pokemon just seems a bit over the top, and has potentially ruined how superior any future legendaries can feel. I mean, for the longest time, Mewtwo was known as the strongest Pokemon alive (even if it wasn't), and all that was ruined when Arceus came along. And no Pokemon can ever really live up to the God of all Pokemon, even if it too was to be considered a God Pokemon. I just feel like it ruined the future of legendary Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's not a legendary. It's banned from wifi because GF is silly, but, since it's not an unique Pokémon, it's not legendary.

Actually yes it is a legendary. Gamefreak made it to be a Legendary Pokemon. Its classified as a Legendary Pokemon by Gamefreaks standards so it is a legendary.

Its possibly my only choice for removing, at least removing from the Manaphy relation if anything. I didn't see the point of finally allowing a Legendary to breed only to create a weaker legendary baby. Leave it as a weak stand alone, but I'd erase Phione's relation to Manaphy if not Phione itself.

Years
Definently Bidoof and chatot. i cannot stand either of them. Not to mention mime jr. aswell.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Skuntank. For aesthetics primarily. It's a giant skunk with its main feature being it's raunchy posterior and morbid smell that has a farting sound as its cry.

ಠ_ಠ

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Skuntank. For aesthetics primarily. It's a giant skunk with its main feature being it's raunchy posterior and morbid smell that has a farting sound as its cry.

ಠ_ಠ

I like Skunktank alot , though everyone has their opinion. Personally I think it's underrated and it's not bad of a Pokemon. That's just me though. :)

Anyway, it's hard for me to just pick one, there's a few I really want to get rid of. Like Burmy and Purugly. But if I have to pick just one, I would get rid of Heatran. It's pretty much pointless and doesn't fit with the Pokedex to me. It has no significance to the plot of DDPt and seems like one of those Pokemon that Gamefreak gave Legendary status just to add another Legendary. And I only catch it just cause it is a Legendary Pokemon and is rare.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I like Skunktank alot , though everyone has their opinion. Personally I think it's underrated and it's not bad of a Pokemon. That's just me though. :)

Oh definitely. :)

I think I just don't like it because I have a weird mental hangup with anything perceived to smell bad.

Back