• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain Rain Go Away

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So some people seem to get a bit sad when it rains etc, but how do you feel when it rains? Does it make you sad and gloomy or do you feel happy and refreshed when it rains? Or does rain effect you in a different way?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Rain is a mood elevator for me when I'm either staying at home or going to work. I love the sound of rain and the fact that I have an excuse just to stay inside and waste the day without feeling guilty that I should be out doing something, and I love it when I'm at work because it means work will most likely be quiet and I won't have to do much :P I also love rain when I'm in bed. It's such a soothing sound as I'm drifting off to sleep.

The only time rain bums me out is when I have to go out and do something. Then it just adds a whole extra tedious layer to my plans for the day and makes it that little bit more stressful. Particularly if I'm driving.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't feel sad, exactly. I just get annoyed, because more often then not, I had some stuff planned for the day. I also hate getting stuck outside in the rain, so in those cases I get mad.

New York and it's random storms smh

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love rain, except if I have to walk home in it on the way back from school. The sound it makes while you're snuggling up to a warm fire, or in bed aaaa.

Years
Rain feels nice. It's cooling, but kinda insulating as well. It also looks pretty, sounds pretty, and when it's over there's that nice after rain smell on everything. When it rains the hills turn from brown to green and my allergies to grass and pollen and stuff like that go away. I love rain.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Rain is amazing. Like Raichu mentioned, it's a mood elevator. Whenever I hear rain, I shut off my TV, my music, and everything that makes sound around the house so I can clearly hear the rain from the outside. At times I actually open the window so I can hear the raindrops! <3

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Rain is very calming and gentle to me. The sound is very relaxing and I dont mind it at all.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It makes me feel a bit irritated when it rains.. because my hair gets mega-frizzy :cc But..

@_@ Listening to the rain at night in bed is the best feeling ever. Now that I have skylights in my flat, too.. it is so incredibly nice to lay there and listen to what feels like the rain dropping all around you but not getting wet :3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I love rain, and I love thunderstorms even more. I remember spending one night watching one over the sea while my dad was watching TV. I think I was more entertained than him!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I like the rain too, makes the nearby trees and bushes seem more alive and have a slight fresh smell.. Gets really cold, below 32 F (0 C) then it falls as snow. Seattle is know for rain, but its no where near the rainiest city. I got used to the rain, I also love that first cold feeling of rain hitting my head.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
RAIN!!! i love the rain same way a fat kid loves cookies..chocolate cookies to be exact lol... i love to dance in the rain i love to watch it washing everything around dust,pain sadness...showing the fake of people (when make up ruined and show the real face of girls) xD

since i was young i looked at it as tears of the sky that ends with a happy rainbow smile...but i do admit sometimes it make me feel grife or nostaligic to some people!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I LOOOOOOVRE RAIN AND THE RAINBOW AFTER RAINS!!! <3 <3 <3
Rainy season is the best except that my clothes are always wet and my school books also get wet which take hours to dry :P :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I forgot to mention, I also love torrential rain. Which I experienced in Mexico my grandma asked me to buy her something from the store, and it was really pouring rain... It was a fun walk!! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes rain.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
It really just depends, for me. Sometimes it'll rain in the most inopportune moments, like right when I want to go somewhere important and that's when I'll hate the rain the most, but otherwise I don't really have an issue with it lmao. u__u

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The sound is nice. Being in rain is refreshing in ways but I'm not emotionally swayed by it.
I like it mainly because it's a life-giver; just a nice thought that such a process is continuing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I love the rain, sometimes I hate the rain. Sometimes I like to jump in the puddles and go outside with my arms up to the sky and look up and have it rain on me, and sometimes I like to stay inside because it's too murky and dark outside. It really just depends on my mood. But I always love the sound of rain gently tapping on the window.

Years
As long as it isn't the middle of Winter, I actually like the rain (or, at least, I've become accustomed to it living on the "wet coast"). Winter rain is the worst, though. When it's dark outside at like 4:00 and just a few degrees above freezing, I have absolutely no desire to leave the comforts of my own home to go outside in the rain.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
With the weather I've been having, I'm surprised I haven't made a reply to this until now.

Up here in Alaska some of us've been facing strong wings, plenty of scattered rainfall from a sprinkling to flash flood warnings (and, in a few cases, "mini" tornadoes), and I still enjoy it. I've even walked home from school in the rain with an Oreo McFlurry in hand just hours ago. (I ate it.)

Probably like many others, though, I hate when it rains during the winter. I always get disgusted by slush; I actually do whatever I can to avoid walking in it.

Years
I love rain. Their sound was pretty and I feel my lonely had been thrown away because it. I will always love rain since it doesn't annoying and make a disaster.

Back