• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
The Dream World is so limiting. I figured it wouldn't get worse than only be allotted an hour a day to use it, but then I find it has to be at least 24 hours, rather than just waiting until the clock strikes midnight. And of course, I can only make one "wish" at the Dream Tree per day, so I can only send one Pokemon to High Link (Entralink) per day. Now I find I can only search for items and Pokemon so much before they just disappear for the rest of that day (I go into the forest until I'm where proceeding further would bring me to the tree, then I leave and come back so I can start the search over, but I still get save what I had found so far, but I discovered that if I do this enough when I go back there's nothing there anymore, until 24 hours from now presumably). Isn't there a way to get around all these limitations?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The Dream World is so limiting. I figured it wouldn't get worse than only be allotted an hour a day to use it, but then I find it has to be at least 24 hours, rather than just waiting until the clock strikes midnight. And of course, I can only make one "wish" at the Dream Tree per day, so I can only send one Pokemon to High Link (Entralink) per day. Now I find I can only search for items and Pokemon so much before they just disappear for the rest of that day (I go into the forest until I'm where proceeding further would bring me to the tree, then I leave and come back so I can start the search over, but I still get save what I had found so far, but I discovered that if I do this enough when I go back there's nothing there anymore, until 24 hours from now presumably). Isn't there a way to get around all these limitations?

Not... really. The best way you can do that really is go right through to the end (befriending everything you see), aka go to the 9 areas and once it takes you to the tree of dreams, click "go home" in the top left corner and it'll take you back to your home, and you can then return to the island to do it all over again, 'cause from the sounds of it, you may be skipping Pokemon and leaving half-way, which kinda limits your chances of finding more Pokemon and items. :x

But yeah technically there's no way to get around any of that except just maximising the amount of Pokemon you can find by exploring the forest etc completely. :(

Is there a way to get more friends list spots?

I assume you mean Pal Pad? If so, no, you can only add the 32 people and that's all. :( On the plus side you can delete them though, which makes it a bit easier but it's stupid considering even in-game it promotes you can get a master ball through 50 trades yet the game doesn't even allow that space >__>

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I have a extremespeed Dragonite, Adamant nature and I was wondering about a good moveset for it. I am also not sure if I should just completely swap it out for salamence or garchomp if its that inferior. My pokemon team is made up of quite slow pokemon: Metagross, Blaziken (speed boost), Tyranitar Torterra, and Blastoise, so I was wondering if I should swap some out. I was thinking to swap Blastoise for Starmie and Torterra for Venusaur or Sceptile. Is this a good idea for a good team?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a extremespeed Dragonite, Adamant nature and I was wondering about a good moveset for it. I am also not sure if I should just completely swap it out for salamence or garchomp if its that inferior. My pokemon team is made up of quite slow pokemon: Metagross, Blaziken (speed boost), Tyranitar Torterra, and Blastoise, so I was wondering if I should swap some out. I was thinking to swap Blastoise for Starmie and Torterra for Venusaur or Sceptile. Is this a good idea for a good team?

Well if you're going to playing competitively, Garchomp and Blaziken are banned.

Dragonite is only good now if it has Multi-Scale. But replacing Blastoise with Starmie isn't a bad idea, but for a better Pokemon replace it with Swampert, who is really bulky and can fight back. Venusaur is only good this generation with it's DW Ability, and the Sun for support which your team does not have. Instead of using Sceptile and Venusaur go for Breloom. If you're looking for team advice, heading over to the CBC would be good.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
Could anyone please teach me about makng sprites, logos and the such? this would be much help thanks.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Could anyone please teach me about makng sprites, logos and the such? this would be much help thanks.

It would be best to go and goolge tutorials for them. This thread is for questions related to Pokemon Black and White.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Ok, stressed with some Dream World stuff. I befriend several Pokemon in an hour's playing time, and of course choose one at the Dream Tree. However, the next day when I return the other ones I befriended are all gone. Does this have to do with the message it gives when I try to disconnect from the Dream World, where it gives two different exiting options? Since I use it in Japanese and I'm not fluent, I don't entirely understand the difference between the two, but I know it seems the first option involves waking your sleeping Pokemon up, and the involves not doing so, but the second makes it sound like if I choose that option, I won't be able to return to Dream Island again until I do wake it up.

Long story short, how do I do it so the Pokemon I didn't choose at the Dream Tree one time remain for the next time I go?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Ok, stressed with some Dream World stuff. I befriend several Pokemon in an hour's playing time, and of course choose one at the Dream Tree. However, the next day when I return the other ones I befriended are all gone. Does this have to do with the message it gives when I try to disconnect from the Dream World, where it gives two different exiting options? Since I use it in Japanese and I'm not fluent, I don't entirely understand the difference between the two, but I know it seems the first option involves waking your sleeping Pokemon up, and the involves not doing so, but the second makes it sound like if I choose that option, I won't be able to return to Dream Island again until I do wake it up.

Long story short, how do I do it so the Pokemon I didn't choose at the Dream Tree one time remain for the next time I go?

When you leave Dream World, all the Pokemon at the tree that you didn't pick return to the forest. You'll just have to find them again. There's no way to send more than one Pokemon back to your game, either.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

The only way for the Pokémon to remain at the Dream Tree is to not choose one. The exiting options don't matter. You get to choose one of the Pokémon at the tree to keep and the rest will disappear. I don't believe there's any way around it.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
The limitations I'm discovering just seem to increase all the time. So then I guess there's no point in befriending more than one Pokemon per day. It seems that though we are alloted an hour a day, there's barely enough to do to last 10 minutes in one day because of all the handicaps.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The limitations I'm discovering just seem to increase all the time. So then I guess there's no point in befriending more than one Pokemon per day. It seems that though we are alloted an hour a day, there's barely enough to do to last 10 minutes in one day because of all the handicaps.

You can't bring more than one back with you, but you get points for completing the games which give you access to new areas and new Pokemon in those areas, as well as new berry rows, so there is a point to playing the game of a Pokemon that you don't want.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Each Pokemon you successfully befriend allots you Dream Points, which will in turn serve you to unlock more Pokemon per area, new areas, new items, Diglett visits in your garden, potential level-up for the sleeping Pokemon, and... Bragging rights. So, it's good to befriend as many Pokemon as possible.

Plus, if you befriend multiple of one species, you're able to pick between them. That basically means you'll possibly have the same Pokemon with different moves... Or if you're lucky, you'll land a female on a breed-eligible Pokemon (Dream World abilities can be passed on by the female).

Guy

just a guy
Years
Could anyone tell me where the best place to train and level your Pokemon in White is? I assume its the E4 but is there anywhere else?
Assuming you've already beaten the Elite Four, then I'd try the Challenger's Cave on Route 9. They're filled with a variety of high-leveled Pokémon and trainers. If you carry the Lucky Egg and Exp. Share with you, then you should be able to level up pretty quickly.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Can I rearrange my decor in my Dream World house? All the stuff I've added so far has been bunched up to the far left of the room.

There's a redecorate button in the upper-left menu. You can also use that to place furniture in the other sectors of your room (I believe there are 3 walls).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you catch a wild Pokemon (for instance a lvl49 Patrat) will it have any EV points on its stats already or will all stats have 0 EV?

Level 59 Patrat whaaaat

They'll always have 0 EVs, there's no such thing as an EV trained Pokemon that you didn't train yourself or receive from another real person (not NPC) in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back