• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tut]Create complet new Tileset for Pokemon GBA games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hmm.. There's something I needed to ask.
LU-HO said:
A Palette have 16*16 Colors, each have 2 Bytes.
16*16*2 = 512
Um, I don't think its 16. 12 for secondary tilesets and 6 for the main tileset, that's for RSE I suppose.

Edit: Ah, I see now LU-HO, Amap shifts some bytes down... Anyway, I'm fine now.
@Others: People who want a tool for this, expect one soon. "AXVE" & "BPRE" are already supported :)

Edit2: Tool is out check the toolbox :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Would there be a way to change the dimensions of the tileset you can insert into RUBY using the hex data given? This would be really helpful as it will allow more leniency in how big your tileset should be.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
lol, that's easy. Although at present theres no such tool that can resize your tileset for you but you could easily dump tilesets of any sizes from unLZ and edit them with tiles you favor.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Would there be a way to change the dimensions of the tileset you can insert into RUBY using the hex data given? This would be really helpful as it will allow more leniency in how big your tileset should be.

Hi

No it is not possible to insert a bigger (first part) Tileset. (Image or block count)

If it would be possible, it would be very hard ASM (assembler) work.
and no body knows how it could work, or where he have to change the ASM.

Greetz LU-HO

emokitty

Pokemon Xeno Creator
Years
Help

Hey guys Im really new to Rom Hacking and I dont yet know how to hex edit. Does anyone have any good Hexediting tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back