• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in Your Pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
Years

piyp_smallbanner.png

trainers.png

A fan game for iPod Touch and iPhone​

Made with: iOS Developer Tools, Cocos2D, Tiled
Tile Credits:
Spoiler:

About
After I received an iPod Touch as a present I was disappointed no one had made a fan game for iPod yet, or if they have I have not seen it. I took a course on developing apps for iOS, and on top of that read a lot on 2D tile-based games. I've been working for about a month, and hope to have something of a demo up as soon as possible.
NOTE: I'm not a part of the developer program, so it will not be on the app store. Alternate installers will have to be used, but I'll provide those resources when the time comes.

Story
You are an 18 year old living with your parents and siblings in the remote beach town of Pocketon. After hearing all the stories that flood the news of kids in their areas reaching the top and becoming pokemon masters, you decide it's time to start a pokemon journey. Unfortunately there is no organized pokemon league around you, and with the low economy one isn't starting up anytime soon.

You set sail for Kanto where you registrar for the Kanto/Johto pokemon league. With a new partner you set off to beat the gym leaders, however, it's not quite that simple anymore. Gym leaders now require you to have certain reputation to challenge them. And watch out for trouble makers throughout your travels who you can either join, or help Officer Jenny bring them down.

Features
-Choose to be good or bad
-Roller Skates (Because they're cool and you know it.)
-A new rock inspired soundtrack
-Pokemon from first two generations
-Real Estate
-More NPC interactions
-Mini-games

Pictures

Concept Art
Spoiler:

Screens
Spoiler:

Maps
Spoiler:

HEY! HEY! HEY YOU!
If there's one thing I'm awful at it's pixels/spriting. So I'm looking for spriters! I actually only need a few things since I'm reusing most graphics from HGSS/BW, but they're kind of important things. So if you want to help,or know anyone that can, let me know ASAP.​

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
This looks promising! Unfortunately I don't have an iPod or iPhone... I have no idea how PSP or iPod/iPhone hacking works, but is there any chance of this being ported to other handhelds? (like the PSP hint hint) Even if I can't play, I'd like to see this finished. Good luck!

dancingonlandmines

Years
Thank you :D

Unfortunately, no. It's written in Objective-C, IDK what PSP apps are written but but I'm pretty sure it's not that. I looked it up just now, and I don't think it's possible to play iPod apps on PSP with hacking yet. Sorry. :/

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Firstly, lol @ me being in Credits (noone has ever credited me before ;p)

Secondly. I think you would benefit from picking a single style of tiles and sticking to it. Mixing styles never looks good and always receives negative reactions from the community. If people can see that you are able to coherently match tiles of similar styles then not only will it increase your project's visual impact but it will also increase the attention it gets.

dancingonlandmines

Years
Aw, people should credit you more :)

About the tiles, most of my build sets, are in similar styles, I deleted the ones that obviously weren't. However, mapping is not my strong point, neither is picking out which ones really don't fit in. I'm kind of a ditz when it comes to this, lol. That's the main reason I'm posting all my maps up here, so I can receive constructive criticism and get better at this.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Interesting, I have an android(of which i have started app development too) so can't really play it.

good to see some non RPGmaker games here.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Looks good! If you release this, I'll definitely play it.

Just a note, though: technically, Pokemon is short for "Pocket Monsters" which means the full game name is "Pocket Monsters in Your Pocket" which is a bit redundant, heh.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
the pallet town and viridian city look sexy lol. i like the tileset and the map layout, very unique. seems like a good hack so far, keep it going

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Shaly, are you for real? This is the 5th thread you've revived which is over 2 months old. Keep this up and you'll end up getting banned. I've already issued a warning.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back