• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I haven't read any of the alleged starter final evolutions type combinations for spoil purposes but here's what I'm hoping: Fennekin ~ Fire/Psychic, Chespin ~ Grass/Dark, Froakie ~ Water/Fighting (Or Water/Ice)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
All the leaks sounds plausible, but i have just one doubt.
How can dragon/poison be a pseudo legendary? I mean, it doesn't have an immunity to one of any types. Pseudo legendaries are supposed to have an immunity to one of any types as far as i know.
Dnite n mence - ground
t-tar n hydra - psychic
meta - poison
chomp - electric

That's more a coincidence really. Only things needed in 600 BST, Dual typed and 3 stage line.

I haven't read any of the alleged starter final evolutions type combinations for spoil purposes but here's what I'm hoping: Fennekin ~ Fire/Psychic, Chespin ~ Grass/Dark, Froakie ~ Water/Fighting (Or Water/Ice)

I hope for Fire/Fighting cause Fire/Psychic is worse IMO or pure Fire.

Chespin I hope is Rock. It learns Rollout so thats a bit of hope since he's not a round nor has been stated to have a curling defensive stature like other non-rocks that learn Rollout.

Froakie I hope if Water/Flying.

Also saw some bit about Italian name for Fairy. Folletto still means Fairy in Italian as well. Its a word with more than one meaning. Pixie, Imp, Gremlin, Elf, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Sprite, Bogy...all kinds of fantasy creatures are called Folletto. Its the same ambiguous meaning as Fairy as all of them are lumped under Fairy as a general term as well. They are all forms of Fae/Fairy by generalization.

So I think his rumors are fake. If he were italian he'd know that Folletto had more than one meaning.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I'd like to believe it to be fake but I can't say for certain. On one hand, most of what he says is some things that have already just been specualted upon so, he could just be adding on to that with his own BS. Until he cam prove what he says, I'm not buying it. Although Chespin being Grass/Dark is really what I'm hoping for, it'd determine who I'm bringing with me.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Well, I really think those starter type combinations are the ones that will most likely come true.
It's what me and many other people predicted after watching the first trailer.
Also, it's what the leaker from Pokébeach has predicted. And come on, he's been turning out to be a pretty credible source, you can't deny that. Yes, I know he was in one or two things, but I think you guys should check this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, I really think those starter type combinations are the ones that will most likely come true.
It's what me and many other people predicted after watching the first trailer.
Also, it's what the leaker from Pokébeach has predicted. And come on, he's been turning out to be a pretty credible source, you can't deny that. Yes, I know he was in one or two things, but I think you guys should check this.

First trailer isn't really that plausible now. The attack Froakie used was Quick Attack and not a Fighting one which completely ruins the original basis for the rumors.

As for the Rumors posted on Pokebeach. They've all been debunked now. Some had some info right despite the creators of the rumors saying that they were false and those that didn't have their creators debunk them got debunked by Gamefreak and Pokemon Smash or Coro Coro at some point and time.

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. (WPM Note: Fairy is confirmed, super effectiveness against Dragon is confirmed.)

E3 trailer proved that Fairy isn't SE against Dark. Hydreigon didn't take x4 Damage from Fairy Wind as it would have OHKO'd it if it did.

A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)
Dual means two. If its One type, switches upon special circumstances, then it is NOT Dual Typed. That would be like Hidden Power which IS a Normal type attack that deal a different type damage nullifying STAB and being effected by the changed element's typing. Other attacks that do this are Secret Power and Nature Power. As well as Nature's Gift. They are all Normal type attacks that can change element based upon circumstances, but none are Dual typed attack as that would mean the attack has 2 types.

The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously "punch 'em," with the "punch" starting out as "pan" because it's a panda.

Someone please correct WPM...Its PanchAm. Not Panchum. Its not Punch'em.

Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Already debunked. We have 4 rivals this go round.

A lot of that has twisted words to try and play off now proven false information as credible or possibly credible.

Everything to date has been either proven false or true. Only thing still up in the air are a few smaller rumors like the professors mentioned, though with Trevor taking the role of the Professor and seemingly handing out your Pokedex and Pokemon, is there need of Professor this time?

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Well, I do agree that he isn't 100% credible, since he got some stuff wrong.
Still, he got a lot of stuff right and I don't think we can't just ignore that.
Also, PokéBeach mentions that "He was the source who revealed many B/W Pokemon before they were released last generation", so that's got to mean something.

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I had an idea, a minor change, but, to make the sprites of shiny pokemon shiny themselves instead of the normal color scheme. I mean like when you look in the PC or your backpack viewing all at once. Just something that always bothered me.

tnfsf11

First, the blind seer is a pretty common archetype and really no stupider than some of what's already in the Pokedex, and second, I don't see why not.

Anyway, no Chespin final evo?
Oh, well I didn't mean to disrespect anything if you thought I did, I just didn't welcome the idea that a Pokemon was normal then became blind & who knows why...

Anyway he probably leaked the Chespin one but Danks didn't post it because he thought the Italian dude's info wasn't legit. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm not quite sure I got that, but the line said about "became blind & sees with his mind" is the stupidest thing that could ever appear in a Pokedex tbh...
Also a part Psychic starter is never going to happen if you ask me!

Not nearly as stupid as putting hot poop in your pockets to keep yourself warm.

It's going to be a looooooong time before they top that one.

tnfsf11

I had an idea, a minor change, but, to make the sprites of shiny pokemon shiny themselves instead of the normal color scheme. I mean like when you look in the PC or your backpack viewing all at once. Just something that always bothered me.
You mean the tiny icons that are visible in the computer & your Pokemon list? If Yes then you're not the only one! ^_^ I too wished they had a shiny color scheme for shiny Pokemon I caught...
Another thing would be, if I saw a Pokemon for the first time & it was shiny, the Pokedex entry must have the shiny sprite/model until I see another non-shiny one, what do you think?

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
You mean the tiny icons that are visible in the computer & your Pokemon list? If Yes then you're not the only one! ^_^ I too wished they had a shiny color scheme for shiny Pokemon I caught...
Another thing would be, if I saw a Pokemon for the first time & it was shiny, the Pokedex entry must have the shiny sprite/model until I see another non-shiny one, what do you think?

Yes, glad to know I'm not to the only one who wants the mini-sprites to have shiny color schemes as well! About your other part, I actually traded a shiny Deoxys from Pearl (got over GTS) over to Black 2 and when I looked in my Pokedex only the shiny sprite was available. I'm 90% sure, but I can't confirm this because I got the recent Deoxys event over wifi and I can't remember if the Pokedex gave me both [shiny/normal] or just the shiny sprite for the first time.

Years
So guys i was just thinking about X/Y and the "rivals" and i had an idea. What if their were two pairs of starters similar to in BW where you got the monkeys. That way you, Calem/Serene, and i think Shauna (she seems like an important character to me + she is separated in the coro coro scans). Then vanillite and the short kid (can't remember their names) get the other two from the second trio. Just a thought...

blue

gucci
Years
So guys i was just thinking about X/Y and the "rivals" and i had an idea. What if their were two pairs of starters similar to in BW where you got the monkeys. That way you, Calem/Serene, and i think Shauna (she seems like an important character to me + she is separated in the coro coro scans). Then vanillite and the short kid (can't remember their names) get the other two from the second trio. Just a thought...

Tierno, the guy with the Vanillite T-Shirt could indicate that his main Pokémon is Vanillite which eventually evolves into Vanillish and then into Vanilluxe? Either that or his team will be a dance themed team.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I would think a "Dance Team" would be human-shaped pokemon. Vanillish has no arms or legs. He could have one though.

Scrafty/Scraggy Would make a good dancing pokemon, since they are based on little hoodlums with baggy pants. (I still think of him as Zuruggu)

blue

gucci
Years
Jynx, Mawile, Pikachu and then three Kalos Pokemon come to mind when thinking of a Dance team.

Edit: Found an image of the bottom screen during battle which has circular buttons rather than squared, I prefer the new look tbh.

35heas4.png

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Also, I really hope that they will not change the dialogues. What I mean, I mean that in MD Gates to Infinity the dialogues making a disturbing noise as the chat goes on. I really hope they won't bring this to the basic games .

Um, that feature's been around in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games since the very beginning, and they are developed by Chunsoft, remember?

P.S.: Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but I went to a place called Lazy Hills Ranch in Texas for a week-long family reunion at which Internet access was less accommodating than usual, even with my 3DS…

I wish they make double state-problems, like being poisoned while asleep, that would be great, somewhat hardcore but great...
I also wish, as said before, to have 2 or more save files, I don't want to buy 2 games just so that my lil bro can play & in the same time not mess up my progress :/

GameFreak could either do that or convince NIntendo to allow them to distribute the games such that owners can get additional copies of the main Generation VI games at a steep discount since all you're really buying is another save file, but I agree with you on that one. As a matter of fact, I am going to do it with my fakemon-to-realmon idea, Project Aeonn, if GameFreak doesn't do it first.

"Rematch battles are very easy to do after one battle is completed."

I really hope this is true, they could implement an item similar to the VS. Seeker!

I bet that this is due to the Player Search System (PSS.)

corocoro-1.jpg

Doesnt her shirt look like a gothitelle?

Wait…who's that character again (in real English, please?) Then again, it could mean that we're finally getting a Dark-type Gym Leader (if that girl is a Gym Leader, of course.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back