• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Here you can discuss anything about this year's Hack of the Year competition. This can keep the voting threads free from spam, so just discuss anything to do with Hack of the Year here! Whether it be discussing your favourites, or explaining your votes!

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
I didn't enjoy the mojority of this years hacks, Light Platinum, Liquid Crystal, and Sienna were the only ones I enjoyed. Personally, I like LC the most...

REASONS: LaZ is awesome
It is the best 2nd Gen remake I've played
Awesome regions, Johto, Kanto AND Orange Islands
Its Orange Island 1 beats Naranja by a TON
Very good graphics
Scripting is amazing

In my opinion, the two rivalring user-made ones are Flora Sky and Light Platinum, the Moderator made is Liquid Crystal vs. Sienna (LaZ is an admin on his forum, Manipulation is a mod here)

Good luck to all of the hacks!

Years
There is only one hack that deserves this Tittle and It's Liquid Crystal by LaZ.
Why?? it's simple, very very very playable and has not as most of "awesome" hacks 30 minutes to play :|
What else... For me - the best GSC remake (respect for Zel but LC is simply better).
Many legends to Catch, good scripting, and some nice events.
BUT... LC isn't perfect - FLY bugs, some trainers freeze game, Few events can be complete earlier than Storyline says.

That's probably all I can say. Please Users make the HACK OF THE YEAR tittle Hack of the year tittle. Not 30 nice minutes tittle.

Sorry for my english I'm Polish, so there can be few mistakes =]

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Well a hack of the year is a big thing!
It should be a hack that's interesting, INOVATIVE, and of course well-made is implied...
There are a couple of hacks currently that fit the description, but I'll leave it to the voters...

Logan

Years
Guys, this thread is not for trying to influence people into voting for your favourite hacks.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
^^ Excatly!
Not only is it not fair to the rest of the hacks, but there are a lot of people who haven't played much hacks, so they don't know what makes a good hack. So why don't we disscus what makes a good hack...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Crono's upcoming beta 3 looks pretty good imo, Dante's tiles are amazing.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'll be honest now, it has been a while since I played a hack, so I won't be the best person to vote. I could go and play every hack, but that seems like it may take too long to take in the true feeling, so I may have some ideas of who to vote for in some areas, but not in others. If that makes sense.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
It has also been awhile since I've played one yet alone got involved in one's actual updates, but I think I'll participate anyways even if my votes are sort of biased.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
If I had to guess I'd say Sienna wins, if not then Light Platinum or Ruby Destiny.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
I've played LC, and it was decent, but I didn't get to the Orange Islands. Sienna is amazing, in my opinion. There are some NPCs that don't talk at all, but there are no glitches that I have met that end the game. I know about the fly glitch, so I haven't even taught it to anyone. The fakemon are cool, but the fire starter would look better on all fours, like the first stage. Very nice storyline, although the "Pick your path" just showed its head to me not to long before the 6th gym, (rest of sentence in spoiler, 'cause it does spoil the plot a little)
Spoiler:

Identity got one vote from me, and that's because it was short, but very good. Scripting was decent, mapping was amazing, and I loved the story, but still, I think Sienna is amazing.

I'm not trying to influence anyone at all, just stating my opinions.

Years
I just wanted to say there were a lot of great hacks this year. A lot that really drew me in.

One of my favorite incorporation I saw this year which I have never seen before was done by Nikolai Fox... He made the enemy trainers level dependent on your own pokemon level (always 3-7 levels higher than your highest) and made the wild pokemon levels dependent on yours also (always 3 levels lower than your lowest). I thought that made the game much more engaging and appealing

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I haven't played any hacks at all this year. I guess I'll check ot the HotMs but can anybody point me in a good direction?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Everybody says that they hate anime hacks, g/s/c remakes, manga hacks, etc., yes still look at some of the votes. -.-''

What annoys me more are the people who vote for the same hack in every single category. A few people put one hack in all categories except one but I still think people should try to diversify their votes. Sure, there are some very well-rounded hacks out there that excel in multiple areas but it's still frustrating to see.

Logan

Years
Seconding what colcolstyles said. I'll probably put my votes in November some time. When I've, y'know, seen if other hacks have made a breakthrough by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back