• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't know if I really have types.. I just want something that'll be effective in beating them .__.

Anyways.. I just realized I had an amazing Solosis in my box (Quiet nature) and it's special attack stat is through the roof! Its speed is terrible.. but if I can EV train it into a trick-roomer then I can win hardcore *_*

Anyways.. thanks for the tips guys!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Back up bw Save Data

What is the easiest/fastest way to back up Pokemon Black/white save data (on a computer or other device) in case something should happen to your game?

I've had some horror stories regarding my other games and this has really been something I wanted to do for a long time.

Thanks! And I'm sorry if this does not belong here, just please point me in the right direction :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I just noticed something:

undella town and undella bay the pokemon there are high levels which you can grind against.

@_@ I thought those three cities are blocked until I beat the elite 4? ._. You mean there's a way to get past the guy blocking the route before then?

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
I just noticed something:

@_@ I thought those three cities are blocked until I beat the elite 4? ._. You mean there's a way to get past the guy blocking the route before then?

if you have gt the national dex after beatin N and ghetsis then ye you got access to all the town/ cities so ye you could face all the trainers and that around ther eto help you level up

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
if you have gt the national dex after beatin N and ghetsis then ye you got access to all the town/ cities so ye you could face all the trainers and that around ther eto help you level up

So thatd be after the elite 4, yes? lol..

Anyways.. sorry to keep asking.. but this is crazy. I had 8 boxes in my PC for the longest time. NOW suddenly I have 16!!! What just happened?! Is it because I went to the dream world for the first time? o___o I can't think of anything else I might've done..

.. Never mind found my answer:

This system can be enhanced by simply putting a Pokémon in each of the boxes. Once you have at least one Pokémon in each of the 8 boxes, when you next access the PC, you will suddenly have a further 8 boxes bringing the total up to 16 so you can store 480 Pokémon. To increase it once again, place a Pokémon in each of these boxes and you'll get the final upgrade up to 24 boxes capable of holding 720 Pokémon. This allows you to store at least one of each Pokémon with plenty of room for extras.

Leaving it here for anyone else who's wondering..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So thatd be after the elite 4, yes? lol..

Anyways.. sorry to keep asking.. but this is crazy. I had 8 boxes in my PC for the longest time. NOW suddenly I have 16!!! What just happened?! Is it because I went to the dream world for the first time? o___o I can't think of anything else I might've done..

Once you put at least one Pokemon in each box, it expands to 16 boxes, since 8 isn't nearly enough for National Dex. It does that once more once you have one in each of those, for a total of 24 boxes.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I would like to ask a Gen III/IV/V question, and since it involves my White version I will post it here.

How do you teach both Stealth Rock (Gen IV TM) & Pursuit to Tyranitar?

It's a big problem for my strategy since the Pokemon that can learn Pursuit and those that can learn Stealth Rock are totally different. Is it still possible to teach both moves?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would like to ask a Gen III/IV/V question, and since it involves my White version I will post it here.

How do you teach both Stealth Rock (Gen IV TM) & Pursuit to Tyranitar?

It's a big problem for my strategy since the Pokemon that can learn Pursuit and those that can learn Stealth Rock are totally different. Is it still possible to teach both moves?

From what I see, you can get a Cranidos or Rampardos from D/P/Pt, teach it Stealth Rock by TM, let it learn Pursuit by level up, and then you can breed it onto a Tyranitar.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
If I give the first pokemon in my party a macho brace and then give another pokemon in my party exp. share.. will that second pokemon get the double EVs as well? Or does the doubled EVs only apply to the macho-holder?

Years
If I give the first pokemon in my party a macho brace and then give another pokemon in my party exp. share.. will that second pokemon get the double EVs as well? Or does the doubled EVs only apply to the macho-holder?

Nope, as far as I know, it only effects the holder.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
where are all the places I can get props for the prop case (for the musical)
In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!

You can only get 4 in Opelucid City and you get the last one by participating in a musical with another game and by talking to the man in Nimbasa.

Or if I confuse you.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Prop

Snegurochka

fire walk with me.
Years
I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?

I can confirm that jumping is the sign that you've won, not sure about the guy talking to you last. I would just go with the picture.

I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?

No unfortunately, you can only have one Black and one White ever registered to an account. The code transmits if it's Black or White so you can't register a Black game to a White slot I don't believe. You have to make a new account if you want to register two of the same game or restart, unfortunately. :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years

OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.

hey you need to go to black city and talk to the people there and when they ask to come to white forest they will appear on your game in your white forest after you have said yes and returned to your game

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

If I remember correctly it goes by date. I started my game, took 55 hours to get to White Forest, and had a few people there. My boyfriend got to his in about 20 and had no one, cause he started before me and didn't play much. Kinda sucks because that means you'll have to not take your time, but that's how it works iirc. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back