• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo EX Shaymin EX deck

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
Good day pokecommunity,

With the arrival of the ND card set, I sat down and tried to think of a way to utilize the Mewtwo EX card that is not Gardevoir. So I came up with this.
2 Cleffa CL
2 Pichu HS
3 Darunaka ND
2 Darmantian ND
3 Voltorb TM
2 Electrode Prime
3 Virizion NV
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Revive
2 Xtransciever
3 Collector
3 PETM
3 Eviolits

24 grass energy

The plan is get Electrode out and ready to use its ability, to either Mewtwo EX or Darmantian for X-Ball or DarMAXitian. Then come clean up with 180 per turn from Shaymin EX late game. I was curious if there was a way to get this deck slightly more consistent. I've been playing it online and every 1 out of 7 games I cannot get anything going. I'm wanting to run this deck once I build it in real life at Cities, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Years
What your deck seems to be lacking is a deep enough draw engine. cut out between 9 and 12 Grass Energy and insert draw trainers like Cheren, Twins, Professor Oak's New Theory, and Interviewer's Questions. That should boost consistency in your draw engine and make the deck run smoother on the whole for tournaments. Though your Pokemon mix seems a bit too unfocused on a few set lines, and narrowing down to the focus lines of your deck generally helps consistency even more.

And no Psychic Energy for Mewtwo EX? Psydrive is a more cost efficient attack than X Ball. Needs way fewer energy to do so much damage.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
I thought of the draw trainers, hence why cleffa is in. But is 12-15 energy enough to constantly hit with electrode? I could throw some prism energy energy in, that way it doesn't cut down on the chances of powering up a grass type if needed. Especially since both are basics. If I cut both babies, that would leave room for 4 draw trainers, 2 oak (to replace the cleffa) and 2 cheren? Thanx for the feedback donavannj

Years
Ideally, I think you want closer to 18 draw trainers as your draw engine, not the 12 you would end up having if you just put in four. You don't have a draw engine on a Pokemon (as in a Pokemon Ability or Power or Body that draws or searches out cards for you). I'd leave a single Cleffa in and ditch the Pichu. You could probably also use some Pokemon Catcher just in case.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
I'd say 14 energy is as high as you want to go with any deck. Consistent energy is nice, but with Electrode you want those energies decked. Tech a research records or a pokedex if you need to.

With a deck build like this and Electrode, you want to be utilizing cards that take advantage of you falling behind like twins, to help you set up for a comeback.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
after much thought of both feedbacks this is what I've come up with. Is it better on paper? I havent had a chance to play alot of games with it yet, but I havent had much trouble beating Reshiboar or a Durant deck thus far.

Pokemon: 17
3 Virizion NV
3-2 Electrode Prime
3-2 Darmantian ND
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Shaymin EX

T/Su/St: 24
3 Energy Returner
3 Xtransciever
3 Eviolite
3 Flowershop Lady
3 Collector
3 PETM
3 Twins
3 PONT

Energy: 19
4 Prism
15 Grass

waynefierke

Just a little Axew
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Remember the EX rule though, it'll give your opponent a quick win if you aren't prepared. I would recommend getting cards such as Pokeball or Professor Oaks New Theory, and adding in Cheren for some energy help.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Expert belts

Ad two expert belts to the deck for mewtwo and a shaymin because your opponent takes three prizes which powers up shaymin

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
I would also add double colorless energy for more help on mewtwo EX, and the shaymin is risky because its hp is low and it would be horrible to start with.

Back