• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Those of you who have experience with last generations' game release-
You think that in the next corocoro(who should be released after the game release date) we will get alot of new information? and what the information will be about?

I think we will see a lot of information about the storyline and the characters. Maybe also a list of all Mega Evolutions and some other game info. Fan sites like Pokebeach and Serebii give us the most cover-up of the games after the release.

I lose my hope for evolutions of older Pokemon every day bit by bit. Do you think there's still a chance?

Years
I think we will see a lot of information about the storyline and the characters. Maybe also a list of all Mega Evolutions and some other game info. Fan sites like Pokebeach and Serebii give us the most cover-up of the games after the release.

I lose my hope for evolutions of older Pokemon every day bit by bit. Do you think there's still a chance?

I heard that before Diamond and pearl released only three evo of older pokemon were revealed.
So mabye there gonna be few evos, but I don't think so.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Well, Sylveon IS an evolution of an older Pokemon so there is still hope. :p And, tbf, at least it won't be like B/W where there weren't any. :) I too would like to see more evolutions of older Pokemon but if it doesn't happen, eh, at least we have Mega evolutions to play with. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping the october corocoro leaks late...as to not spoil the game.

I would like to see more real evolutions...but it seems like it may be another Hoenn though instead of 2 pre-evos we get 1 evolution...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
How many pokemon you guys think will be in this gen? We have 38+5 pokemon confirmed(+5 is the unconfirmed evolutions that will most certainly happen, 3 Starter Evos and Fossil Evos). This is 43 pokemon (without counting Megas), Im expecting the total number to be around 120. It does seem low but I think that's why we have Mega Evos this gen, to kinda fill that gap.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
How many pokemon you guys think will be in this gen? We have 38+5 pokemon confirmed(+5 is the unconfirmed evolutions that will most certainly happen, 3 Starter Evos and Fossil Evos). This is 43 pokemon (without counting Megas), Im expecting the total number to be around 120. It does seem low but I think that's why we have Mega Evos this gen, to kinda fill that gap.

Yup, 120 sounds like a safe bet. I have a feeling the regional pokedex will consist of that plus a bunch of others from prior generations. It would make sense for those who don't plan on getting Pokemon Bank(which I'll be getting) if the regional dex consisted of the vast majority of Pokemon overall; about 400-500. Hopefully more to be honest, but it's never happened and it's pretty unlikely.

As for those who are wondering about evolutions of existing Pokemon, don't entirely rule them out. Diamond and Pearl only revealed Weavile, Electivire, and Roserade before the Japanese version was launched. As for pre-evolutions, there was only Bonsly and Munchlax. Personally, with the addition of mega evolutions, I don't think there will be that many coming up in X/Y. It would be cool for Pokemon like Dunsparce to receive either/both an evolution/mega-evolution.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am also saying 120 to 125. That is the number, but that would mean we have to wait till next generation to get the 777th pokemon lol. I am hoping for 121 though so that 770 pokemon will be the new total. I can't stand when a total doesn't end with a 0 or a 5 Lol.

It would be nice for 131 though so that it makes the total 780 so that we can get a legendary 777th pokemon Lol. But I would says 120 to 125 is the best chance.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I am also saying 120 to 125. That is the number, but that would mean we have to wait till next generation to get the 777th pokemon lol. I am hoping for 121 though so that 770 pokemon will be the new total. I can't stand when a total doesn't end with a 0 or a 5 Lol.

It would be nice for 131 though so that it makes the total 780 so that we can get a legendary 777th pokemon Lol. But I would says 120 to 125 is the best chance.
As long as it ends in an even number I'm fine, thus far only Gen III has ended with an even numbered total...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One thing that I really wanted to see them do is give a completely different look to all female Pokémon, including the ones from older generations. Female Pokémon are pretty important due to breeding purposes, but this would make them become a little more valuable, and give us a good reason why we should pick them over Pokémon that are male. Animals rarely have any gender differences in real life, but Pokémon aren't exactly animals. They're mystical creatures! (:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think we all agreed to say it was fake and I think the guy said it was, but that pokedex entries we saw about 6 or 7 or more pages ago can be considered 100% false because they were wrong. Just figured I'd say that in case someone happens to see it and doesn't know we said it was false already.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
For those of you speculating 120+ new Pokemon, you're only going to be disappointed because of the patterns on how many Pokemon GF adds for each even and odd-numbered gens. And yet, no one seems to accept it because of how GF broke numerous molds this gen in terms of game mechanics.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
One thing that I really wanted to see them do is give a completely different look to all female Pokémon, including the ones from older generations. Female Pokémon are pretty important due to breeding purposes, but this would make them become a little more valuable, and give us a good reason why we should pick them over Pokémon that are male. Animals rarely have any gender differences in real life, but Pokémon aren't exactly animals. They're mystical creatures! (:

I agree. I'd like to see differences in gender of nearly all Pokemon.

Also many animals have significant differences between male and female. Most notably in mammals, avians, arachnids, and insects you see distinct differences.

Take humans for example there are major differences in height, weight, mammary glands, pelvic structure, etc.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

Yes please. I really want this, it'd sorta be like a whole new aspect to the Pokemon world. This would be great.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Twenty-three days is not that long. Well, for me at least. There's a lot of games that I need to finish, and time will fly pretty quickly just by playing them. I will most likely be done with them by the time X and Y are released, which is perfect. ^^

I honestly don't think that they would add dual-type moves. If they do, then it would make major shake-ups to the metagame, which most of us wouldn't like. Plus, it'd take us a very long time to finally adapt to this system.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I would love dual-type moves. For me, the best aspect of the Pokemon games is the strategy required to go through them the best way you can (while enjoying them of course).

Dual-type moves will only make that much better.

Years
Count me as the person that would not be a fan of dual-type moves.

First of all: why? I disagree with them because I don't think they need to make the metagame any more "complicated" than what it is. There's going to be a lot of *****ing, especially on this end, but it's true! Assuming Scald is something like Water/Fire, that leaves Pokemon like Jellicent completely walled by Heatran (not like Heatran can do anything back but hey, it's a possible scenario), who can absorb Scalds thanks to its Flash Fire ability.

I just don't see it happening and hopefully will not see it happen. .-.

Pokebeach say that dual typed moves also can be moves thats one are some on type and sometime another.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Gen 1: 151 Pokemon.
Gen 2: 251 Pokemon

100 Pokemon added.

Gen 3: 386 Pokemon

Around 135 Pokemon added.

Gen 4: 493 Pokemon:

107 Pokemon added

gen 5: 649 Pokemon

A whopping 156 Pokemon added, more than any other generation so far.

I think around 120 is a safe bet, don't you think? It's not too high of a number, and not too low, so I don't see how there could be any letdown from this.

I would guess at 100 or less. They could get away with adding fewer this year because of the massive overhaul in other areas. Plus, I love so many of the gen5 mons. The roster is so large now.

Back