• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
I'm kind of just messing around with a FireRed ROM in Advance Map, but when I try to load it in VisualBoy, it sets me up as though I'm playing Sienna with my party and items etc., however my changes are still in effect.

Years
I'm kind of just messing around with a FireRed ROM in Advance Map, but when I try to load it in VisualBoy, it sets me up as though I'm playing Sienna with my party and items etc., however my changes are still in effect.

Is the ROM in the same place as Sienna's .sav file? If so, move the ROM into a separate folder.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm just wondering if it is possible to add IV Gen moves into a Fire Red ROM? Also does anybody know how to use the Day and Night system?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Thanks for the links to the first question asking about moves. I already have the Day and Night tool, I just don't know how to use it and can't find any tutorials anywhere.

Oh right, well after its inserted the time will do its work. But if you want to use it in a script to check for time, you need get the values of the designated byte and compare it to whatever you want.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Oh right, well after its inserted the time will do its work. But if you want to use it in a script to check for time, you need get the values of the designated byte and compare it to whatever you want.

Uhh... Yea I can't script yet. I'm wanting to get the tiles, sprites, Pokemon states, moves, evos, etc, and other things done before I do scripting. So I do not understand what you are trying to say. I know how to hack pretty decently just never really worked on scripting yet. Are there any tutorials anywhere for it?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Uhh... Yea I can't script yet. I'm wanting to get the tiles, sprites, Pokemon states, moves, evos, etc, and other things done before I do scripting. So I do not understand what you are trying to say. I know how to hack pretty decently just never really worked on scripting yet. Are there any tutorials anywhere for it?

There is a simple one on WAH, but thats a spanish forum.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
How can I edit Prof. Birch's script at the beginning of ruby (using PokeScript) so i can make him say what i want to but he'll still give me whichever starter I chose?

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2021
Just requoting because I ended up getting the last post before the next page so I don't know if anyone saw it..? (hopefully that won't happen again for this post..) If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful!

Hi, apologies in advance if this is a completely dumb question that's been answered countless times. I've looked at heaps of tutorials and looked around for anything with the same problem but I can't really find anything that's specifically like mine.
So, this is my first time editing a ROM, I'm editing Ruby version.
I'm trying to put in edited sprites for the gym leaders in unLZ. I've followed the tutorials about how indexing it, finding free space, fixing the pointers.
And I can get one gym sprite showing up fine.

but if I try and import more than one leader's sprite they start messing up. The colours go crazy or if I'm on pokenav the page won't load at all and freezes.

I have no idea what to do. I thought maybe I had to put the in free space that was far away from eachother, but that doesn't seem to help.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The first time I add a new sprite is perfectly fine, but I don't know what's happening the second time to make it mess up round when I'm doing the exact same process.

(I'd give images but I have to make 15 posts beforehand, and to be honest I only joined the site to see if I can get help with this + I'm too distracted to go out and post right now + I'm not sure if I'm allowed to bypass it by putting in spaces in links or if that's against the rules)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Just requoting because I ended up getting the last post before the next page so I don't know if anyone saw it..? (hopefully that won't happen again for this post..) If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful!

The main problem I find that new hackers have is that the offset has to be a multiple of 4. So it has to end in 0, 4, 8, or C. "123456" is not valid, but "123458" is fine. You get it?

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
I have a problem with XSE 1.1.1 and have searched google and the forums for hours.

Ive tried running as administrator and in compatabillity mode for XP SP1, SP2, and SP3 but i allways get this error:

"A whole new scipting experience has stopped working."

BTW Im running windows 7 SP1

NVM I got it fixed. Im just using it through my XP computer through remote app.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2021
The main problem I find that new hackers have is that the offset has to be a multiple of 4. So it has to end in 0, 4, 8, or C. "123456" is not valid, but "123458" is fine. You get it?

(Sorry, I really have no knowledge of this stuff). Do you mean, like, the number for where the sprite is being allocated to, and for the pallete?
If I used freespace finder, and got a space of, say... 8036, I'd change it to 8034/38/30/3C? Or is the offset something different? Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back