• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easy tile inserting tutorial

Larsie13

So, you want an easy way for inserting tiles? You've come to the right place! I will show you how to insert tiles without having to spend minutes with the eyedropper tool to match the original colors. I'm not going to explain how to insert tiles and such, there are plenty tutorials for that, like Neti's tutorial. I am going to teach you an easier way of doing his step 3, namely giving the tiles the correct palette.

What do we need?

Well, for this tutorial, you will only need Character Maker Pro.
The rest is the same as with a tile-inserting tutorial.

First make sure you have the tiles you want to insert ready, in an image without anything else.. Select the tiles you want to replace them with from the tileset, and paste them into a new image. Save the image, and open it in Character Maker Pro.
Next, select SHIFT+S to save it's palette as a .act file. Then, open your new tiles in CMP. Press SHIFT+L to load the palette you saved 10 seconds ago. Save the tiles, close CMP, and go back to paint. Open up your new tiles, so that you have both the tiles and the tileset open. Copy the tiles, and paste them onto the tileset where you want them. Now, it automatically has the correct palette, and you won't have to follow the long and tiring phases of recoloring the new tiles (xD).

And that's it, actually. Easy, wasn't it? Of course, you'd still have to palette edit the new inserted tileset, for example with Advance Map's built-in palette editor for tilesets. It's found in the Block Editor.

Well, that's it. May your life be easier now! xD

Last edited by a moderator:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
awesome job
i would recmoned anyone to use this

Larsie13

i would recmoned anyone to use this
Thanks, I found the program through a tutorial someone made for editing the Titlescreen, and I thought, why not use it like this?
how come the program is in another language?
Because it was made by someone from Spain (I think).

Anyway, I found out that Photoshop CS3 can also do this, but it's a little more work, because you have to index the images first.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
don't revive month-old or older than a month threads please~

edit...
nevermind...
new rule applied. :P

Last edited:

thedootmaster

Banned
Years
Can you put pictures its been a long time lol??

Edit:

Also when i follow the instructions it does not work....
Whenever i load the palette and try to open the tiles it says palette file is missing when I just loaded the palette file.
Please help

Last edited:

Larsie13

Can you put pictures its been a long time lol??

Edit:

Also when i follow the instructions it does not work....
Whenever i load the palette and try to open the tiles it says palette file is missing when I just loaded the palette file.
Please help
I'll add pictures later today. Mabye if you follow the instructions with picture-guidance, you'll understand better. If you still get the "error", just tell me.

EDIT: I tried to add pictures, but when I tried the tutorial, it wouldn't work for me either... :\ Don't know why. Maybe it only works with certain palettes that are almost the same as the original, or something, I'm not sure... It did work for me the first time, though. So, sorry, but I can't add pictures. :(

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I really need help with it.....
you see when I load my tile it's just shows of a black screen -_____-
I hope you're alive and you can help -___-

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
This isn't so much a tutorial as a friendly pointer to a useful tool. I'd appreciate screenshots and some step by step... maybe even a little info on what dimensions to make the tiles and all that... you basically just said, "Make some junk, run it through this, load this, and boom"

Larsie13

Hmm, as I already said in the edit of my last post, apparently this method doesn't always work. It worked when I first found out, but the next time I did it, for some reason it didn't. :\ So, lock, I guess?

Back