• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2008
Who here thinks they should remake RSE with better graphics like LGFR, customizable avatars, clothes for pokemon(for contest and things like that), and all pokemon from DPP.

Edit: Also made for gba and ds

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I'll say what I think! RSE was my FAVORITE game, with GSC being the second.
I like the idea of better graphics (of course!) and customizable avatars could be a feature that could become good. It sounds kind of weird though!

I think they could add new towns, routes, and places, and more Pokemon souns awesome! Also, they could have another small region, like how FRLG had the Sevii Islands. Anyway, that's just my opinion!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
meh, i doubt it seeing as how the terrible ratings it got as a pokemon game and the fact that its still new.
I think if there is one, its too premature to make one(just like rock band 2).
besides, the only main difference would be the pokemon and the graphics.
other than that, nothing would be different.
and there is no need to, seeing as how ruby games can work for a very long time, unlike gold games(where as most of them are already dead).

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
I don't think so... yes it would be great but...

you can already "trade and obtain" pokemon from that generation to the most recent via Pal Park. When you think about it the reason that they would make a GSC remake over a RSE would be sales...
Think Gold and Silver are still way back on the GBC and all the new games have been GBA or further so GSC have been left behind. Gold & Silver had the largest storyline with two regions it was also the most popular season by far.

That is all i have to say to this matter...

Good bye ^.^

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, let me rephrase what I said. I definately want a RSE remake, but most likely sometime in the future, DEFINATELY after they make a GSC remake.

I mean, after all, just about EVERY Pokemon fan wants a GSC remake! But after they make a GSC Remake, and another brand new game, it might just be time for a RSE remake with tons of new features!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
I have already sent in a petition for an RSE remake for the DS, BUT it doesn't use the crappy battling structure that the craptastic DPP version has. The Advanced Generation is still the best game out there and this would just make it even that much better. Being able to get DPP (but again keeping the battle structure) Pokes would be okay, although I have been far from impressed with them. Way too many pre-evos and way too many Legis. DPP blows. Emerald is still the best.

GSC can be remade after RSE.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2009
I have already sent in a petition for an RSE remake for the DS, BUT it doesn't use the crappy battling structure that the craptastic DPP version has. The Advanced Generation is still the best game out there and this would just make it even that much better. Being able to get DPP (but again keeping the battle structure) Pokes would be okay, although I have been far from impressed with them. Way too many pre-evos and way too many Legis. DPP blows. Emerald is still the best.

GSC can be remade after RSE.

Sorry but that's just wishful thinking. RBY was first, GSC is second and so on.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Well, Hoenn is as good as it is, but it would be better to make more changes like the day & night thingy...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
RSE has the best towns in the series, I mean a tree-top town and a floating town...

...I was disapointed when I realised DP had nothing like that.

So yes, I'd probably enjoy a remake (and oh god secret bases YES PLEASE.)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Sorry but that's just wishful thinking. RBY was first, GSC is second and so on.
Methinks you assume too much. The Emerald version has way more beneficial things than GSC ever did. Throw in the technical advances going from GBA to DS and there are so many more possibilities.

RSE has the best towns in the series, I mean a tree-top town and a floating town...

...I was disapointed when I realised DP had nothing like that.

So yes, I'd probably enjoy a remake (and oh god secret bases YES PLEASE.)
Secret Bases are HUGE for me. Being able to EV train within minutes is just plain amazing. Not to mention all the other benefits that Emerald has over all the other games in relation to breeding and the Battle Frontier. Throw in Wi-Fi and there would be absoltutely no comparison. Who knows, at the end of the petition we added a possibility of a combination of RSE and GSC, bringing in the day/night element and the ability to go to Johto AND Kanto once you have beaten Hoenn, and challenge the trainers there in a REAL Colesseum tournament like in the cartoon, instead of the extremely Weak 4 that has plagued this franchise from the beginning. The DS easily has the capacity for this, along with an actual difficulty level for the AI, and I think that combination would be a dream for all of us. We got a few thousands sigs, from a few other groups, and hopefully GF will see the huge benefits of doing this. Just as long as they get away from that crappy DPP battle structure. That is all we ask.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Sorry, as unlikely as a GSC remake is, at least that was a popular generation. Nintendo and GAMEFREAK messed up the 3rd Gen, and a remake of the two worst mainstream Pokemon games released (R/S) probably wouldn't sell much. (Especially since you can play the original on the DS already...)

GSC, DP, and RBY will always be superior to RSE even if they are remade.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Okay, guys, lets back up a bit. First off, Nintendo makes Pokemon games to make money. Do you think that it will be all worth it to create a whole new game just for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? Less fans will be interested in that generation. If I recall correctly, FireRed and LeafGreen remakes didn't make much money comparing to the other games. What makes you think Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald will do better? As far as I know, more people are fans of the original generations (the first and second generations). Not many people were such huge fans of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald because of the new Pokemon introduced and the lack of originality. I know, a lot of Pokemon fans want a Gold, Silver, and Crystal remake. I suspect that Nintendo is not going to make a remake for those games because all the missing Johto Pokemon could be obtained through FireRed and LeafGreen. The purpose of FireRed and LeafGreen was to fill the gap in the National PokeDex. We all know Gold, Silver, and Crystal wasn't compatible with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Now, all the Johto and Kanto Pokemon can be obtained somehow through the FireRed and LeafGreen games, and then transferred to Pal Park to obtain in Diamond and Pearl. There is really no reason to remake a Hoenn game as of now, besides demand. Anyways the demand for a Hoenn remake isn't popular, and I highly doubt that Nintendo will remake Hoenn until much, much later in Pokemon's life span.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
I don't think they'll make it for the GBA and DS. Just the DS. People might buy the DS just for the remake, and they make more money!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Atm there is really no need for a RSE remake and we do still have the compatibility with DPPt with the old ones so its really a bad Idea, besides, the GBA ones still have an original flavor to them.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
Sorry for interrupting the fun... but that is not possible!
One region and 25 extra pokemon is max unless you repoint the whole ROM and make it incompatible with every single ROM-Hacking program in the world(you would need to use HEX!) and most emulators... The Day/Night would just be extremely hard...
I have been working with ROMHacking so i know, i wanted to make something similar.

Years
In my opinion i dont think we need any more remakes at the moment. maybe wait another generation ae. cause it is a bit early dont you think. well thats what i think.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
RSE had some terrible tiles which have really made me think poorly of the game...

I dont see a reason for a remake, GSC remake should be the primary concern of pokemon fans contacting nintendo or gamefreak. The only thing that hoenn would be remade for is if they made an RPG for Wii which would contain all regions, even if the regions are as dead as kanto in GSC.

AND above all there is no chance that they will make it for GBA, the last game they made for GBA was Mystery Dungeon Blue, which came out basiclly the same time as the DS did. So you might aswell give up on that hope, if not all (unless you want a dead Wii version of it!)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm of the opinion that if a RSE remake ever did happen, it would most certainly be after a GS remake.
Despite there being no more new GBA games, one can still readily find these games and play them. They are recent, and even can work with DPPt to migrate Pokemon over. Playable on the DS and all... they don't have much need to be remade. Many peopel have one or more of them in fine working condition - why would they need a new one with another few more features? Looking at GSC... well, the vast majority of them are now dead and unplayable (not talking ROMs or the such here, butt he game cartridges/paks themselves), and one can't have Pokemon from there traded to 3rd gen games and thus the 4th gen.

Besides, everyone does know there is a significantly bigger 'demand' for a GS remake as opposed to a RSE remake. Nearly everyone and his dog wants a GS remake, where for RSE... well, not as demanded. And the main thing Nintendo would consider is whether the game would sell or not.

IMO it's also too soon for a RSE remake. It wasn't that long agao when Emerald was released.

Plus, judging by Platinum, where the Regi trio is obtainable (admittedlly by needing a certain Regigagas but yet still obtainable), along with the Kanto birds, but no sign of Johto legendaries... that's a hint that a GS remake would occur before a RSE remake, along with several others. It may not happen of course, but IMO to think a RSE remake would happen before a GSC remake isn't quite the best notion.

Years
Sorry for interrupting the fun... but that is not possible!
One region and 25 extra pokemon is max unless you repoint the whole ROM and make it incompatible with every single ROM-Hacking program in the world(you would need to use HEX!) and most emulators... The Day/Night would just be extremely hard...
I have been working with ROMHacking so i know, i wanted to make something similar.

This is a new game from Nintendo that they're talking about. Not some fan-based hack.

I want them to bring back above-ground secret bases. They were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back