• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Shooting Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
choose_wisely____by_kid1513-d58j86o.png

Introduction

This is a game made by me with the help of the Pokemon Essentials Kit. I started developing Pokemon Shooting Star a pretty long time ago, and I decided to wait until a particular progress is made. So here it is, the game I am proud of, hope you all enjoy and support. Oh, and sorry for my English, I am not so good with it.

Storyline

... An invisible war...

Occured in the deep space, the war that can never be ended between the Light and the Dark. It once had the saying that the war could never be ended, as it is not known when it started... And the fact is the saying was right... The war had shaken the root of space itself, and no life could be sustained... if the collision between Light and Dark kept going on...

Except for an egg...

Born in the unknown, a mysterious egg kept floating in space, didn't know where to stop... when to hatch... or what to do... Until it reached the Dark - Light war... And being shocked by massive shock waves created from the fight, it suddenly cracked... and the history of the world will change forever... when a creature emerged from the egg, threw out a thousand arms, and spread its gigantic power... to banish both Dark and Light to the unknown, forming a hollow shadow, known as the Void.

That incredible creature is Arceus - God - the Creator - the one who shaped everything that exist... created the world, the better world, with creatures we know as Pokemon... And itself is the very first one.

The main question remains: Will the Void return? No, it can't and it won't... But something has changed, something has drifted the whole aspect of Arceus... something has called back Shadow, not from the Void, but from the inner light inside Arceus...

... What's more... A Shadow that is concealed by the giant shade of the Creator...

...The thing that drifted the whole world...

... Is human's greed...

Will the world ever be the same...?

Well, we have to step into the world of Ionah, and wish...

~ ...Upon a shooting star... ~​

The Plot

Step inside Ionah - the world of uncovered mysteries!

RamondHikari.png

The game let you assume the role of a young boy or a young girl. It is the day when a professor finally comes to Alpha Town, in order to give the Pokemon to trainers who owns strong will, and dreams of discovering the mystery land of Ionah.

'The incident' hasn't changed Ionah much... until the day you own your very first Pokemon, and ready to embark on a new adventure, but nah, don't let that 'small thing' stand in your way of becoming the greatest trainer of all time!

Your dream is to discover the land of Ionah, to step on where people haven't, to solve great puzzles, and of course, challenging trainers and have a great time with your dear Pokemon!

Are you ready for your journey of a lifetime?

Will you have enough courage to face the fearsome obstacles ahead?

Will you take the chance and stand up against the great Creator?

Will you heed the call of destiny?

Features

• Pokemon-Following system - A system similar to HGSS.
  • Item-Combining system - Combine your unwanted items into one if you input a correct combination!
  • Mystery Shop - Rare items are sold at a particular time!
  • Quests - Take on sidequests and complete to earn rewards!
  • PokeNest - A whole new way to get rare Pokemon!
  • Pokemon - Featuring 151 Pokemon from Ionah Region!
  • [WIP] Free-Flying Mode - Get ready to take off and enjoy a trip in the sky!

Screenshots

Central_zpsf83d2875.png
Darkness_zps00c481c3.png
Dat_hot.png
Leagues_under_the_sea.png
knockknock_zps21757913.png
Newstyle_zpsb8a7f43b.png
Cave_zpsaaaa94d3.png
Omelette_zps656b9988.png
Autumnrf_zps2177687e.png

The Team & Progress

Ramond Hikari - Mapper, Eventer
Kid1513 - Spriter

Want to help us developing the game? Send me a PM! Every position is needed.

Download

Here!

Playthrough

Many thanks to thegamerstree.

Spoiler:

Credits

Poccil, Flameguru - PE
Brave Heart - Sprites
P-Sign, Clowcardruler - BW pack
Maruno - BW pack, PE
Help-14 - Sprites, scripts
Zingzags - Scripts
Venom12 - Scripts, BW pack
FL. - Scripts, BW pack
Celianna, WeasleyFG, Lightbulb15 - Tilesets
Ccoa, ForeverZer0, Agckuu Coceg - Scripts

Missing credits? PM me!

Support banner

1zh2kxl.jpg

A brilliant work from Banette` :3 Put the banner in your signature to show your support :3 Thanks :3

Pokemon belongs to Nintendo.​

Last edited:
Years
This game seems like having a great potential, not only the graphics are beautiful the storyline seems very interesting!! It sounds more RPG-ish than many other games. :]

EDIT: Very smart choice of starters btw, hehe! :D
Just one suggestion (in case it's not already done): Starmie, unlike Breloom and Houndoom, almost learns no move + Staryu is slow at learning its moves as well, that's why I suggest you, if possible, to modify either Staryu or Starmie (or both).

Spoiler:

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I remember seeing this game somewhere on DA and it's been impressing me ever since then.

The screenshots look awesome and I'm really fond of the way you used some of the effects and animations on the map. I can't wait to play this :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You mentioned you're reaching the progress of 90%. Do you mean that this game is 90% complete?

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
This game seems like having a great potential, not only the graphics are beautiful the storyline seems very interesting!! It sounds more RPG-ish than many other games. :]

EDIT: Very smart choice of starters btw, hehe! :D
Just one suggestion (in case it's not already done): Starmie, unlike Breloom and Houndoom, almost learns no move + Staryu is slow at learning its moves as well, that's why I suggest you, if possible, to modify either Staryu or Starmie (or both).

Spoiler:

Haha, and I used to receive some compliments said that Starmie is overpowered comparing to the other two :) But I'll consider modifying them :)

I remember seeing this game somewhere on DA and it's been impressing me ever since then.

The screenshots look awesome and I'm really fond of the way you used some of the effects and animations on the map. I can't wait to play this :D

Thanks a lot :D

You mentioned you're reaching the progress of 90%. Do you mean that this game is 90% complete?

Oops, sorry guys. 90% til the first beta :D Updated first post :D

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
wow, ill definatly play this once its reached its full release. hope this one makes it, RMXP games are a real challenge to make.

Years
Haha, and I used to receive some compliments said that Starmie is overpowered comparing to the other two :) But I'll consider modifying them :)
I didn't see it from that perspective. Indeed, Starmie has the edge over Houndoom and Breloom due to his speed (and spAtk, lol) it can easily 1HKO them.
That's only if you compare them with each other, imo, they are all of them good. In fact, I am personally not sure which one to choose as a starter... Maybe Starmie... because it can learn Surf = less annoyance from HMs, hehe.
So, let me ask, are the starters obtainable throught the game?

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I didn't see it from that perspective. Indeed, Starmie has the edge over Houndoom and Breloom due to his speed (and spAtk, lol) it can easily 1HKO them.
That's only if you compare them with each other, imo, they are all of them good. In fact, I am personally not sure which one to choose as a starter... Maybe Starmie... because it can learn Surf = less annoyance from HMs, hehe.
So, let me ask, are the starters obtainable throught the game?

Why yes, there'll come the times when you have to make your choice among the previous starters!

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Wow, this game is seriously one of the most promising projects I've seen in a long time. And you're already so close to beta! I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

My only criticism would be that your story seems a little generic, although that might just be because there isn't much information available about the characters. I can't wait to get my hands on the game and see for myself, though!

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Wow, this game is seriously one of the most promising projects I've seen in a long time. And you're already so close to beta! I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

My only criticism would be that your story seems a little generic, although that might just be because there isn't much information available about the characters. I can't wait to get my hands on the game and see for myself, though!

Thanks. I will update it as soon as possible :)
By the way, I need a spriter so badly, because custom sprite is the thing that prevents the beta from coming, and the project's main spriter is busy lately, so if anyone wants to join the team, just simply SEND ME A PM :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
OMG Looks amazing!!! Can't wait for u to finish to complete the game! :D

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
The game looks awesome! *o*
The GBA based tiles (with a little DS touch), the storyline, the features! :O waiting for the beta! (y)

And one question: Shroomish, Houndour and Staryu are going to be the starters?

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
I can't wait to play ^.^ I love 2 stage evolutions(just wish their stats were just a bit closer to starter stats). I dunno if I want Houndoom(never really had one and if I did I didn't like it) or Breloom(never lvld my shroomish enough)

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I see Porygon-Z in many screens... Is it kind of a guide or a save point? Or do you just love Porygon-Z? :D

I simply realized Porygon-Z can perfectly play the role of a teleporting guy, rather than a big machine with all those fancy buttons :D

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
I gotta say that this is very promising, and I applaud you!

My only real complaint is in some of the screenshots, there seems to be a lot of effects going on, which takes from the overall look at the scene. But overall, very good. I'll keep my eye on this for sure.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The game looks good, but me being me. I'm picky for graphics.

Your tileset is really good, but one major problem is you've got B/W overworlds but a HG/SS styled tileset, which doesn't work, especially with doors, in reality the people would be smacking their heads on doors when they walk through them.

wasw.png
Toad_song.png
Untitled-7.png

Also, your tree placement is weird and makes no sense.

Trees in water.
Trees in pavements.
Also, tree's on tall grass is a huuuuge eye soar.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
The game looks good, but me being me. I'm picky for graphics.

Your tileset is really good, but one major problem is you've got B/W overworlds but a HG/SS styled tileset, which doesn't work, especially with doors, in reality the people would be smacking their heads on doors when they walk through them.

wasw.png
Toad_song.png
Untitled-7.png

Also, your tree placement is weird and makes no sense.

Trees in water.
Trees in pavements.
Also, tree's on tall grass is a huuuuge eye soar.

About the clash of styles, that's why I despertly need a spriter. Btw, seems like the size of buildings are concerned. The trees, grass patches, and pavements are just fine.
I must have forgotten to re-upload the first screenshot, so yeah, here you go, it has been fixed (Except the tall grass thingie, I am working on it)

You may notice the pidove's shadow makes no sense, and I am working on it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back