• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Both Psybeam and Dragon pulse both Collided and made a massive explosion causing Commodore and Blitz to be sent back flying. The effect had hit Blits better though as Psybeam had overpowered his attack. The flame on Charmander's tail had suddenly intensified. That would mean trouble...

"Commodore! Watch out!" Mark said. Charmander unleashed his Flamethrower attack straight at Commodore. Still in his fire typeing, he would be able to resist it, but with the enhanced power, this was still bound to hurt. Commodore was hit directly by the flamethrower attack. The attack caused Commodore to land on the ground. His eyes were still open... he could see Blitz ahead of him. He wasn't looking too good either... Commodore used his remaining strength to stay up long enough so that Blitz would hopefully go down first... He was too weak for another attack...

"Comon Commodore! Hang in there!" Mark called out. Porygon struggled to keep its consciousness in check...

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
This was it the final moment Vincent had a chance to end this if Blitz still had it in him to fight. He was about to command another attack but noticed Blitz drop down on one knee. This was bad he didn't thin Blitz would make it but he then noticed that Blitz was punching the ground too determined not to fail his trainer in his first fight here at the school.

"Blitz don't push yourself so hard..." Vince began to say as Blitz stood up shaking. It was clear the charmander was too weak to let out another attack but was still strong enough to stand.

"Charmander!" Blitz shouted which was his way of saying he wasn't going to give up. Xack could tell that Blitz was just doing this too make him happy but he could tell that the battle was all but lost. He then eyed Commodore who seemed to be in the same condition as Blitz.

"Blitz just hold on a bit longer," Xack said. Now the two pokemon seemed to be in a staring contest.

Megaman765

Years
Commodore was still on the ground, struggling to keep floating. His vision was getting blurry. At this rate, he was going to faint for sure... no... he wasn't losing his second battle... he wasn't about to make a fool out of himself... He wanted to make him look good in front of his audience. Commodore had heard everything from out of his Pokeball. Commodore attempted to make one last ditch effort.

"Commodore! Comon don't push yourself like this!" Mark called out.

It ignored Mark and tried to use whatever power it had left to shoot weak, slow Psybeam. As soon as it hesitantly fired the small attack, it fainted at the same time of the attacks impact.

Years
Jack was kinda hyper at this point and thinking about the fact that his pokemon roster was slowly filling up and was celebrating his first capture on the island. Jack wasn't in a mood to go and hang out with Brian, Selena , Mark and the others. Right now his mind was totally focused on pokemon and catching them , he took out his island map and began looking around, so many places to go it was hard to pick. Blade popped out of his pokeball and landed one of his blades on the map randomly deciding for Jack. Jack had no problem with this and decided to head off to where Blade had chosen which was the abandoned Lugia White Dorm. Jack wasn't afraid but was more skeptic hearing numerous rumors about why it was abandoned.

{Afraid} Blade asked with a smirk on his face

"No way" Jack began running in the direction of the large abandoned building. When they arrived Jack stopped at the gate and just stared at the rust covered gate frozen and not even knowing why.

{The place feels different from anywhere else on the island} Blade usually had a good sense for these things but they had come this way and Jack wasn't willing to go back now. Jack placed one hand on the gate and pushed it not knowing what was waiting for him inside.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Blitz took a direct hit from the psybeam and it seemed to all be over. As Xack waited to see the smoke cleared he was surprised to see a glowing Blitz. The Charmander had evolved into a Charmeleon in the smoke. Blitz stood tall and proud in his new evolved state but it didn't matter as the newly evolved Charmeleon fell on the ground KO'd.

"Blitz!" Xack exclaimed as he rushed to his Charmeleon. Blitz seemed to be alright but was just unconscious. "Alright Mark let's call it a draw for now we'll have a rematch real soon after I get Blitz healed and we get some training in," Vincent returned Blitz into his pokeball and then picked up Wattage from the ground and placed him on his head.

"I'm going to make my leave here Mark and Valorie catch you guys later," He added as he started walking off toward where he had saw a place where he could heal Blitz. "Oh and bye the way Mark you are to first and last person I'll ever draw or lose to here mark my words the next time we fight my pokemon will blow everyone else out of the water," And at this Vincent had left heading off toward to get Blitz healed.

Megaman765

Years
"Commodore!" Mark yelled as he ran over to Corporal. He was knocked out, however Blitz had been knocked out as well. Blitz had evolved from the experience as well. Seems like the whole training from experience thing worked. Xack had called a draw.

"Fair enough. I'll see you around Xack. Good battle!" Mark said. He was kinda downed that his record couldn't change but he got the rare turnout of a Draw. Guess that was something. Mark returned Commodore to his Pokeball to allow him to rest. "Phew..." Mark said, wiping his brow. He walked over to the bench and sat next to Valorie. He noticed Dratini had been wrapped around him the whole time watching the battle. Must have been an interesting view.

"Hah... I'm beat... those smoothies are sounding pretty darn good right about now." Mark said.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie looked up at Mark as he approached. She was sitting with her legs curled up against her, arms wrapped around them, resting her chin on her knees. Normally, sitting like this while wearing a mini skirt would flash, like, everyone. However, as it turned out Valorie was wearing black modesty shorts underneath her skirt. It was perfect! She could get all the benefits of wearing a skirt without any of the risks! She seemed to be somewhat bored or distant, one of the two, looking over at Mark as he sat down beside her.

Dratini gazed up at Mark, having become somewhat alert because of the battling.

"Nice battling out there Mark. I'm pretty thirsty myself..."

Megaman765

Years
Mark leaned back on the bench and let his arms dangle down behind the bench. He pet Dratini again and nuzzled against her nose again. He was actually having fun playing with the young Dratini. "Hey comon little guy, Look on the bright side, you practically got the front seat for that battle!" Mark said happily. He turned to valorie and let out a small cheerful laugh.

"So... um... whats your opinion on this whole father thing Dratini and I have going on currently...? Just thought I'd ask you." Mark said.

Dawn

Years
Valorie smiled, watching Mark play with Dratini with amusement. She was happy to see that Dratini was enjoying Marks company so much. Dratini wriggled a bit, readjusting herself to rest her head against Marks shoulder. All of a sudden, Mark asked Valorie a question. She was startled by how forward he was. She honestly hadn't expected to talk about this today. For a moment she froze up, before admitting something in a particularly shy manner.

"I think it's adorable and... I'm glad she chose you, and not someone else..."

Holy expressed feelings! Rather than complain about things moving to fast, or talking about what they were to do as if it were a problem, she had claimed a preference for Mark as the father. What did that mean, hm? Valorie averted her eyes as she finished her sentence, looking off at Selenes' battle with Brian. Dratini became vaguely aware that something was going on, meanwhile. Charmander and Trapinch didn't seem to be overly aware, as usual.

Megaman765

Years
Mark blushed and scratched his head nervously at Valorie's claim. "Heh... um... thanks..." Mark said, smiling toward Valorie. She had a preference then huh...? She was happy that Dratini had been with Mark... He stroked along Dratini happily enjoying the time he was spending with her. It was like he was spending time with a kid...

Mark looked over toward Selene and Bri's battle and watched it commence. He decided not to mention the whole mother father thing further as it was likely going to lead into a direction he didn't want to head into so quickly just yet. There was never any harm in small chit chat though... Mark put his finger through his hair checking that his Fauxhawk was still all good. It tended to stay put often unless it was forced down. He also sometimes made his hair go down flat sometimes, in a metro like style but that was only if he was trying to look fancy. People often perfered him looking like that but Mark usually took the advice for granted.

Dawn

Years
Dratini wriggled occasionally at Marks touch, playfully nudging him with her nose. She was not capable of understanding the complexity of the situation. Meanwhile, Valories' heart sunk a bit. Mark didn't sound all that into it. She silently decided that she shouldn't have done that. Perhaps she had come on too strong. Perhaps ironically, she smiled lightly at Marks response, though her gaze was still shifted away. It was however a false smile, the kind that generally didn't fit the rest of the expression. She wasn't completely sure why she smiled, and it rather quickly vanished, but she had. She distracted herself by observing Selene and Bri battling, as if studying the two silently.

Suddenly, Charmeleon felt the urge to talk to Snype. It was spontaneous, but since she was a somewhat rash pokemon, she went ahead and acted on it. She hadn't been paying attention to Mark, and so she looked over in his general direction to see if she could spot the jewel eyed pokemon.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Megaman765

Years
Mark chuckled a little as Dratini returned her affection. He looked over to Valorie again who was looking away. Did he say something wrong? He was getting all worried he might have said something to upset her. Had to say something to change that... "...Heh... well... I guess I'm glad that your glad Dratini chose me eh?" Mark said, scratching his head. "Well... I guess its kind of a weird predicament... but I guess we can all go along with it somehow... heh..." Mark said somewhat nervously.

Snype was sitting down cross legged watching the battle in the distance and noticed Charmeleon was looking at him. ["Hey Charmeleon! Ya watchin the battle too? Comere!"] Snype said inviting her to sit near him. ["Anything on your mind at all?"]

Dawn

Years
Valorie looked back at Mark, a bit confused, a bit sad. She wasn't sure what to do. Something about this felt rushed, broken, and awkward now. A part of her really wanted to get away from this for a little bit so that she could think. Yet, she didn't see an opportunity. She took a deep but quiet breath before speaking.

"What do you mean?.."

She wanted to know what he meant by 'go along with it'. She honestly wasn't sure. Meanwhile, she still wished she could take a break. This was very stressful on her.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon moved over near Snype. She seemed somewhat stoic at the moment.

Charmeleon: "Sort of. I was half paying attention to that and half to Valorie."

Charmeleon wasn't a big fan of sitting, so she simply stood there next to Snype.

Charmeleon: "What do you do a lot of these times when you're so tired and yet so /bored/?"

It didn't seem like Charmeleon had anything particularly pressing to talk about. Perhaps she was just looking for someone to make small talk with?

Megaman765

Years
"Erm... well..." Mark sat there and thought of how to answer... "Um..." Mark wasn't sure if he should have mentioned it at all. The whole family thing... it was awkward to begin with. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Mark placed his hands on his lap and looked down at the ground. "Sorry... just forget I mentioned it... maybe watching the battle will get our mind off of this stuff eh?" Mark said slightly sad and nervous. He wasn't sure what to say or why he had been feeling like this. He suddenly got worried about making a better impression in front of Valorie and felt he messed up.

Snype looked up at Charmeleon and layed down on his back, Arms crossed behind his head. ["Me?... well... usually I just don't think about it. I can think of alot of stuff to do when I'm bored... but... if I'm tired and bored... well I usually just like to sit back and relax a bit. Once I get my strength back I'll go off and have some fun independently."] Snype replied. ["Though... others things I like to do when I'm tired and bored is try to meet with other Pokemon and talk with them. I like to talk to every newcomer I see. Like you for instance!"]

Dawn

Years
Valorie hugged her knees a bit more tightly, looking back to the battle. She was surprised at herself. She subconsciously knew she wanted to talk to Selene. Yet, this surprised her. It was mostly because she hadn't ever really had a friend quite like Selene before. She was still getting used to the experience.

"Maybe we should talk about it tomorrow... after we've had time to think about it."

Meanwhile, Dratini seemed to detect Marks distress. She moved to curl all the way around him, and squeezed gently, her best imitation of a hug. She made a light trilling noise as she did so. Valorie glanced at Dratini briefly. She knew from experience that when Dratini made that particular noise she was asking a question of some sort or another, or perhaps in this case it was simply expressing concern.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon groaned out a response.

Charmeleon: "I don't really /do/ relaxing..."

Then she hesitated a moment.

Charmeleon: "Maybe I've got an energy level probl--Wait a second. Who's the older of us again?"

Charmeleon eyed Snype in a skeptical manner. Who was the newcomer around here? She didn't particularly like that term. Yet, she was too tired to get angry over little things like that.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Use Dig Ri!" yelled Selene and Ri quickly dove underground, using all his senses to listen for any movement, any sign where Thyme was before he popped back up. That was one powerful Bullet Seed attack - it could be useful for training up Ri on his Brick Break, but that was not for now. She wasn't taking any chances in a battle, no matter how agile Ri is. She watched anxiously for him to re-emerge.

Suddenly, Ri sped up out of the ground just behind Thyme, launching into a Force Palm attack - Sel had figured that using Dig itself wouldn't be sufficient - Ground attacks weren't so effective against Thyme and Ri, a fighting type, wouldn't have the extra power boost as a Ground type pokemon. Best to stick to the Fighting moves for now, until Ri was a bit more proficient in his Dig attack.

Sel heard someone behind her shout out "Hey Bri, don't lose cause if you do I'll have to teach that pretty girl a lesson!" and she felt like turning around and giving them a piece of her mind...if she wasn't focused on the battle at hand. She decided she's teach the jerk a few lessons of her own when she was done here...but then movement caught her eye. She noticed Valorie taking the guy on - she couldn't hear what was being said but it made her smile all the same, she assumed that Valorie was sticking up for her and that made her happy beyond words.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme danced out of the way as Ri came up from the ground behind her, laughing at him the whole time.
"Hah! Nice try, but I'm too fast for you!" Thyme said. Bri shook his head. She may be fast, but she wasn't that strong, and she couldn't take a hit.

"Hey Bri, don't lose cause if you do I'll have to teach that pretty girl a lesson!" Bri heard Vince yell that from behind him. He felt a flush of anger, though he didn't wuite know why. He honestly didn't care if he won the battle or not. He glanced over and saw Val confront him. That worked. Bri wouldn't have to confront him after the battle now. Still not knowing why he had gotten angry, Bri turned back to the task at hand.
"Thyme! Use Tackle! Then get out of there!" Bri said. Thyme charged right for Ri, trying to knock him flat on his butt.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
'Gotcha' thought Sel with a smirk as Thyme charged right for Ri. "Wait for it Ri...NOW SEISMIC TOSS!" she shouted, as Thyme slammed into Ri. Ri fell backwards but clamped his arms around Thyme in a deadlock, locking his muscles together and leaping up into his Seismic Toss attack.

Thyme seemed to have completely abandoned her strategy of using her agility to stay out of his reach and using her Special Attacks like Bullet Seed for some reason...but that worked fine for Ri. He could now overwhelm with his superior strength, and now he had Thyme locked in his grasp he wasn't about to let go. They plummeted towards the earth and Ri turned so that Thyme was below him as they raced towards the ground. Sel watched anxiously - Seismic Toss was a relatively new move that she and Ri hadn't had time to work on much...

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"You're an idiot, ya know that?" Thyme said. They were plummeting to the ground. She was caught in his grasp. She used Attract. At this range, with him grabbing her, it was bound to work. She batted her eyes at the Riolu, and put a look of fear on her face.
"Ri, that ground looks awfully hard! You wouldn't want me to get hurt would you? Please don't let me hit the ground," she said, exerting her power, and watched as the pink glow extended around her. Bri stared on helpiess to do anything. He had told her to use that attack, and now look what had happened! He only hoped her Attract worked and Ri turned so that she wouldn't hit the ground.

Back