• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach Bike or Acro Bike?

Mach or Acro?

• Mach Bike

Votes: 50 61.0%
  • Acro Bike

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

Tox

fight me
Years
Like a lot of people, I loved the Mach Bike's speed. I am was really impatient so the Acro Bike never had a chance. Like OP, a lot of my time was spent hatching eggs so the speed was nice to have. The Acro Bike's tricks were kind of cool though.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I always pick Mach, but I do occasionally go switch it out for the Acro if I feel like I need it to get to some parts of some routes.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I know Acro is cool and all being able to jump and go the opposite way of cliffs with those rocks, but lets face it
if you wanna be somewhere fast, you choose mach bike :D

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
I first really loved the Acro Bike, but after I'd done all those rail-hopping tricks and stuff, I always stuck with the Mach Bike. It's just sooo fast. I wish FR/LG's bike was that fast.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
I chose Mach Bike. I mean, Acro Bike can perform tricks and access some new places, but however, its not to my convenience and its hard for me to even slide up slopes :P

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I chose the Mach Bike, but I just found out that if you hold down "B" to do the bunny hops, it counts as taking a step or something. Makes grinding take a little more time, but require less attention.

Elements1

Meh
Years
In terms of use, I picked mach bike for the speed. Though in terms of sounding, I think the Acro bike sounds wayyy cooler than Mach Bike. I think I've played too much Mario Kart so Mach bike is old :P

Years
I prefer Mach bike because of better speed and because I don't really like jumping around with acro bike - it takes just too much time lol

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
In my first play through, I choose Mach and didn't even bother with Acro, since then I never even gave it a chance, but maybe I will in my next play through!

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
mach bike was pretty neat and can really be of use in almost everytime... but i like the acro bike more, this gave me access to some areas i couldnt usually go...

and i suck at the cycling road. thats why i dont like mach. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I loved the Mach Bike, I remember as a kid I spent a lot of time racing through the Cycling Road, trying to beat my personal best time.

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
I loved the Mach Bike, I remember as a kid I spent a lot of time racing through the Cycling Road, trying to beat my personal best time.

I caught myself doing this the other day, actually. I've been playing Emerald here lately, and likewise I've been spending a lot of time in Mauville City/Verdanturf Town (battling the few trainers in the area with lvl 30+ pokemon), and remembered Cycling Road being close. Needless to say, I spent a good ten minutes trying to get a time I was happy with. Good memories. ^^

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
The Mach Bike, clearly. Gets you everywhere in the click of your fingers.

Gotta go fa--well Jak beat me to it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I picked Acro Bike at first simply because the name sounded cooler and Rydel never gave a hint at the bikes' uses. I discovered the wheelie and hopping phenomena and used it to get through to the inaccessible places in the Safari Zone and the route behind Fortree City. It was a cool niche, but when I went back to get the Mach Bike, I found it was so fast, thus perfect for hatching eggs. I also quickly learnt to go over mudslides and cracked tiles. Ever since then, I used Mach Bike.

Back