• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silver Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to the thread of Pokemon Silver Sea, a game that is based in Johto but isn't a remake.

trainer000.png
Logo.png
trainer001.png

Introduction
Hi there, my name is Destined and I present to you my game I have been working on for a while now. I present to you *drum roll* Pokemon Silver Sea. (I don't really know what to put as an introduction)

Storyline
Spoiler:

Features
*Travel through the region of Johto and Kanto and maybe more if I have the time.
*New graphics
*All new adventure

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Releases
None

Credits
*Kyledove and Speedialga for the Sinnoh tiles and Kyledove for the Hiro/Kris sprites
*Bulbapedia for the sprites of Giratina Origin Form and Shaymin Sky Form
*Me for mapping and Scripting
*poccil for his wonderful starter kit
If I forgot someone just tell me.

Banners & Userbars

Mr.Pokemon
ubd3816tk5.png

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154214][IMG]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4314/ubd3816tk5.png[/IMG][/url]
Website

http://pokemonsilversea.moonfruit.com

Staff
Destined (Me)-Mapping, Scripting, Idealist
Red Gyarados-Overworld Spriter

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
It's a... GSC remake, right?
I think there are too many of those, but it also think this one will be the leading one. Good luck!

Years
Uh, IceCharizard, they /just/ said it's not a GSC remake...

But anyway, I like it. Now for some critiquing- The indoor tiles are beautiful, but the pink of the carpet looks a little too... bright. Other than that, the 'kidnapped professor!!' theme is a bit-overused, so you might want to add in another twist or two to spice things up. Maybe the police are on the side of the kidnapper and will try to stop you from getting Prof. Olive? Something unique.

Um, I think you should definitely change the titlescreen. It looks so...bleh right now and the only thing going for it is Lugia...

But, yeah, keep up the good work!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I thought the pink rug was a nice touch XD

I really love the graphics on this game, perhaps one of the few Johto areas that are using Kyledove's new tiles? Aside from Waudby I guess, however this is set soley in Johto. Study up on some other games that are doing something like you; being based in a region but not being a remake. Like maybe change up the Gym Leader roster, of course have a new storyline, and decide if its in the past or future of Johto compared to G/S/C. I've always liked the idea of having a sequel in Johto after G/S/C, so I'm happy to see this ^^

Good luck~

Years
Thanks for all of the comments, I will take on all suggestions and think a bit about the changes that I should make.
@Jaydin Knight: Yeah, I just realised that the kidnapped prof has been used quite a bit, time to rethink that part of the storyline (maybe make it so something like a top secret device was stolen or something). Well I'll think of something, I usually do lol
And about the title screen, after I posted I realised I hadn't finished it,. I'll try to finish it but if I just can't would someone mind making me a title screen with of course full credit going to whoever makes it. (Hmm, maybe I'll do a competition where whoever wins gets to be a NPC or Trainer in game)

Likewise

Bye.
Years
you're probably using pokemon essentials so you forgot to credit poccil

anyway this looks pretty good! johto was my favorite region and i really want to see it in a different adventure
good luck!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Really like the idea of the game (my first project was a johto remake, but it got deleted. Not saying that this is a johto remake, is it going to have major differences such as maps, new areas, and gym leader's/elite four?).
I really like how you're using kyledove's tiles! Can't wait to see more screens!

Years
I'm very impressed with your game. I like its graphics, very nice. ;) Here's a userbar I made for your game that anybody can put in their sig (and you, Destined, can edit this into the OP if you want):

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4314/ubd3816tk5.png

Thanks for making the userbar, but could I please get you to post the code so other people can use it, cause I have no idea how to do it lol.
If anyone makes any userbars or banners in the future, please post the code as well. Otherwise other people can't put them in their signatures.

Edit: I recoloured some tree tiles from Pokemon Platinum in the Kyledove DP tree pallete, tell me what you think and if I should use them in this game.
PokemonPlatinumTreesinKyledoveDPtre.png

Like it says on the image, please don't steal because I did go to a lot of trouble to recolour them. Although if Kyledove decides to do Platinum tiles I'll use his instead as his would be much more than simple recolours.

Edit: Nevermind about posting the code, I figured out how to do it.

Last edited:

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
it looks very nice :P
but, if i might interject... considering this is based on the johto region, you might want to consider recoloring some of your buildings. violet city's buildings have purple roofs, and azalea town's buildings have green roofs, but otherwise, it looks really good.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
Years
I know you said nevermind, but here's a better code, that way people can copy and paste it without having to link it to your thread themselves.

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154214][IMG]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4314/ubd3816tk5.png[/IMG][/url]
----------------
Now playing: Tom Petty - Rebels
via FoxyTunes

Years
Update: I have finished doing the region map for Johto. I will also be adding some towns and cities from the anime that never made it into the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, so far I have only added the town where the events of the movie Pokemon 4 Ever took place. More will be added soon.
Map-1.png

(The island down near the bottom of the map is actually meant to be Altomare, but I forgot to add a city marker for it).

Years
I found this style of doing the world map on one of Kyledoves threads on Serebii forums. Should I use it for this game?
I did Johto in it so tell me what you think.
JohtoKyledovestyle.png

EDIT: I didn't want to double post so I'll just edit instead. Anyway, if a MOD sees this would my thread be ready for the Games Showcase?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back