• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is it worth it for a shiny Volcarano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
So I've been soft-resetting for the past hour now for a shiny Volcarano, and like happens to most people I assume when looking for a shiny, the thought of course crossed my mind: Is it really worth it? Do I really want to try to get something that I have a 1/892 chance to succeed at? As badass as the shiny sprite for it is, should? Not to mention that there's only one in Pokemon White, so obviously soft-resetting is a necessity, so it takes about 20-30 seconds every try. Thoughts?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I wouldn't spend much time soft resetting for any Pokemon. I have the ability to trade for a shiny version if that's what I really wanted and it would be cool and all to catch a shiny myself, but I know that I really don't have the patience to keep trying. So for me, no, it's not worth it to soft reset for more than 5 minutes for a shiny.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
1/8192* is a 0.001% chance, so it really depends on you. While I think it's worth it if you really want it, I find it far easier to just Masuda with a Shiny Charm. However I RNG now, so I don't really do that anymore. If you have the patience, perhaps you could try to learn RNGing instead? Just follow the guide here. It can be pretty complicated at first, which is why the thread there is open to discussion and questions so feel free to post there. You can also drop by the TC irc chat to ask for live help if anyone who RNGs is online.

Urk, this turned into an ad for RNGing hehe

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
It all depends on you~ A shiny Volcarona would be nice, especially since you can only find that Volcarona only then and there in the entire game, but if it takes too long to get and thus hinders your progress on the game, it wouldn't be such a good idea. I'd say limit your number of SR's and time spent on doing this..unless you really insist on getting that shiny Volcarona though, by all means, go for it. Shinies are awesome, no doubt. All the best yo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
This normally would be moved to the Quick Questions thread, but since this is going to get nothing other than "It's up to you", I'd rather stop it here. It really is up to you, it really is hard to get, you need patience.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back