• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Drake, the Captian of the Abandoned Ship. Could it be?

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
Hi guys, this is to be my first post, & it's about Drake of the Elite Four... It's just thoughts to share out with you, so hopefully it'd not do any inconvenience.

Drake says "I dedicate myself to the Pokémon that saved me" when introducing himself to the player before the battle. Drake's outfit resembles a ship's captain, & the cuts on his coat reflect he had a tough time sometime... So could it be that he & his S.S Cactus suffered a very bad weather conditions, like heavy rains & high tide & waves, that deeply damaged the ship, & 'that Pokémon' saved Drake when he & the ship have no hope to be rescued, & so then the high waves kept on pushing & pulling the ship until it was captured by Route 108s rocks...?

I didn't watch the Anime contents about Drake, but so far I just read about it in Bulbapedia, yet this has nothing with the Anime, but it's only about the video game.

Waiting for your shares & thoughts guys, & thanks for it much.

Sirfetch’d

Hmm this is an interesting theory that could be very possible! I've never thought about it tbh, but there could certainly be a connection between the two.

Years
Yeah it seems like these two are somehow connected... Also maybe this is because of those Wailords maybe who did that.. I can only think of them in this as they are huge you know..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think it is a very interesting theory, plausible even. The pokémon that saved him are probably one of the pokémon on his team. And thus, he decided to give up seafaring after that and became a pokémon trainer instead. Eventually reaching E4 for his dedication maybe :)

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
this thread is going nowhere fast.
but sure, its a plausible theory. can almost guarantee it will never be confirmed nor denied.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
Guys I'm sorry for the late, but you all are awesome here. Thank you all for your shares, & to (alienhunterx) & (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) for enriching & adds to this theory. So glad it had your appealing, & not being alone anymore with thinking of it, you know.

Yes it's a matter of fact that nothing approved or mentioned about any kind of connection between Drake & The Abandoned Ship S.S Cactus, but both of them shares a 'mysterious' & 'unclear past' that wasn't explained clearly within the game's story & dialogs, unlike the rest of the game's characters, right? Drake's introducing holds this 'dramatic' within his fewer words about being saved in the past, but from what, when, where, & how it happened? Maybe that what Nintendo & GameFreak left for making guesses,,, Could it be cleared up in some upcoming remake for this wonderful game of Emerald? Hoping so, & you with me, right?

Thank you again & so glad to be a part of your wonderful community here in the PokéCommunity.com.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
It's definitely possible. I think it'll be a good idea for Game Freak to have more back stories on characters throughout their games. It makes the character that much more interesting in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Interestingly Drake's coat, to be more precise the skirt of his coat, looked quite torn.
Abandoned Ship has numerous holes as well, seemingly reflecting his connection with the ship.

Drake's Self-Introduction from Emerald makes the whole thing more interesting.
I dedicate myself to the Pokémon that saved me.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Very true, could be interesting. Just don't brand off anything that isn't canon, I see that this theory can spread into a developed rumour. Good job on figuring it out, mate.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
If this developed into a full-blown rumour that would be hilarious.
But yeah, really good theory, never really thought about it myself - although I've always assumed his Salamence saved him, and he got it fully evolved - he has Shelgon as he feels he needs to raise one from a Bagon to be a true Dragon master. Salamence can fly and use Hydro Pump, so could have easily saved him from a shipwreck. Plus it's big enough to make a mess of the insides (if rocks hadn't done that already).
Here's another idea though: Rayquaza saved him. When he says "I dedicate myself to the pokémon that saved me" he means how he's training dragons in tribute to Rayquaza.

Back