• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Mario World X. Bowsers Revenge!

Do you like the game?

• Uh... It's Hell Ausome! *****

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Uh... It's a very good game! ****

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Uh... At a Playable average ***

• Uh... Under a Playable average... **

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yuck! Horrible you shouldn't even be hacking! *

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
if you have any experience in hacking Mario World, please contact me VIA PM as I am looking for a team now. I think this way we can vary our ideas and make it better. But I want PROOF OF WORK. This includes an .ips patch of your work (at what you do best) e.g; Sprite Editing, Palette Editing, Level Editing, OW editing and music editing.

Hacking games ain't just about the pokemon series. there are better games than Pokemon.
Mario World X. Bowser's Revenge
Is a proud hack of... Super Mario World. (SNES Version)
Original game by Nintendo.
Hack by Me

This hack has no relation to
Super Mario World. Bowser's Revenge!- another hack.
and
Mario World X- Java Game

Beta 2.25 AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Yep... BerserkPaladin is finally starting to produce a hack! I tried Pokemon, but things never worked out, so I'm gonna start with a Super Mario World Hack.
I've rarely seen Mario-Based hacks, and I'm a little disappointed... but still i gotta give credit to Zel's ShinyGold and CoolBoyMan's hack Pokemon Prism, they are very good hacks.

=============================
The story so far...

For those who have played the original Super Mario World, you remember Bowser stole Yoshi's friends and encased them in magical eggs that only you could break. So if you managed to reach the end you would have saved Yoshi's friends and stopped Bowser once again.

Unfortunately it seems that Bowser has come across a power source only found in the Sarasaland (For those who don't know what the Sarasaland's are,
they are the lands ruled by Princess Daisy. But it seems that Bowser picked the perfect day to steal the power sources he seeks, the Ancient Eggs. Within them contain "Ancient Powers" that keep balance between "Good" and "Evil". With them under guard by his henchmen, Mario, Luigi and Yoshi, must reclaim the eggs, for not only Sarasaland will be affected, but the whole entire world!

The thing is that neither Mario or Luigi know what's going on in Sarasaland, and for once they are actually relaxing, by a pool. Meanwhile at the castle both Princesses Peach and Princesses Daisy are relaxing on the beach until they receive a disturbing message from Daisy's messenger.

If you want to know what the message says, either
a) Download the Beta (Not in Pre-Beta)
b) Re-read the story and figure it out for yourself
c) Me just say it.

If you said C then your wrong.

I hope the new story is much more amusing than the last one.

Features.
-------------
Darkened the original Palette and made a few changes.
Reconstructed levels, with extra difficult, race against the clock levels.
Play the way it was meant to be!- Don't shrink down to midget Mario if you have the fire flower. Just go back to Super Mario! (Patch)
Music from Super Mario All Stars! (Patch)

Current Level Status
-----------------
Changing palettes for the first world.

BUMPED!
Level 6 Beta
Level 7 Beta

Level 8 Beta Found level with help from a walk through...
Level 9 Beta
Level 10 Beta - Boss

(NOTE: Ghost house and level still incomplete, but the game should be playable.)

(Review levels)

Updates
-----------------
Unknown Date/Time: Removed the extremely long line of red koopa's, guess it would give too much of an advantage.
26th of March 2008
@ 8:28pm WDST- Edited storyline, got way more taste now.

???@ 8:21pm WST- (Excluded ghost house) Completed most of 2nd world.
PATCH AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

10/4/08 @ 7:34pm: Started Reviewing and changing things in levels. Palettes have been darkened to blend it in better.
11/4/08@ V2.25 Available.

I made a "new" level for the game, It still isn't finished, but you can guess what game it is from by looking in the screen shots of it below.

Current Life Status
-----------------
Will be away for the weekend.

Screenies- WARNING! Some of the screen shots are BIG! I will need to retake them.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tenzou

~Ten...
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2009
Awesome. Simply awesome. There aren't so many Mario hacks out there, let alone Super Mario World hacks. Ill most definetely try your hack and see what does it have. Kudos!

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
do you own a pc controller? Not to be mean but if you dont have one the hack will be very bad I have seen it to many times.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Oh no, Last Hand.
I´m an Emulator player (And I play OFTEN!!!), and I play GBA/SNES/NES/N64/NDS.
At first it´s hard to handle, but after a short time of practice it´s cool.

Berserk Paladin, this hack looks kool. What programs do you use? I would guess a hex.

Good luck with it,
Bombah!

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
love the idea(specially the fact that is not a pokemon hack) keep up the good work,can't wait to play this on my psp

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for all of your support!

And Bombah... I actually don't use HEX, there are Programs to edit Super Mario World ROM's

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Yes i have lunar magic to hack those games but i just can't find the emulator.
Can you help me berserk paladin?
And looks great keep up the good work!

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
There are two emulators you can use.

1.ZSNES
2.Snes9x

I can't give you a link to it but just search for it in google.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Thanks berserk paladin.
Do you know which one is better(if there is a difference)?
Well as soon as i get one of those i'll get this and start hacking my super mario world.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I patched one of my Super Mario World ROMs and it worked fine. It's probably your ROM that your using. Also... are you using Lunar IPS?

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Is you rom a clean rom? find a "Clean ROM Verifier" and it should work. My rom is 513KBs in size. If it is 1025KBs It is an expanded rom.

Edit: Patch it to an expanded rom and it will run. If i get a chance i will wake a good ips.

EDIT 2: here is an ips it should work...untested i go to go to bed...

Last edited:

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
It works fine, but the ROM you used was "bad", but I'll still attach it to my first post, just in case others have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back