• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
3rdgenFakemonSheet5.png

Wow these are incredible, i love the coloring and shading of these sprites, my favorite is the red one. Do you have names picked out for them yet?

:t354:TG

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I do have names for most of my Fakemon. Pix, Angeta, and Devi are the names for those three.

Two more Fakemon updates.

I actually kept the old version of the poison dragon as a base and just altered it. First time I think so far where the old form was kept as a base like that. Hopefully that means things will start to be easier like he was going into more.

3rdgenFakemonSheet5-1.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I wish I could call these scratches or actually be scratching them. Yet they are suppose to go with some already premade NPC type sprites, so I have to keep style, and with overworlds, unless the person your doing is really weirdly shaped, that's sadly not possible. So a lot of things like the legs and stuff are almost identical looking, even though I didn't use the originals as a base =/

Oh well, still happy with how they are coming out. Only two more party members, and then I might move onto the in battle sprites.

RPGOverworlds.png

Years
I'd just like to say thank-you jappio, you got me into spriting when I watched your splicing video, I love all of your work please keep on posting!!!

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
No need to thank me, I should thank you for enjoying my works thus far!

Ok, this sheet is now done and full. I'm happy with the outcomes personally, but as always I'm open to any comments you all might have.

3rdgenFakemonSheet5-2.png

Years
I love the persian evolution, and the devil, I think pokemon should be a bit more fierce these days, I mean they are animals after all, intelligent yet still animals, so I really like the smoke dragon, It's super cool! I wonder what a stunfisk evolution would look like???

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, just a little fooling around as usual. This may or may not see some type of future use. My friend has this little character known as Goo. Just a little blob guy. There is a game he is meant for, something Kirby esque as far gameplay and such (this is why I decided to make him in a Kirby style). I don't know if there will be any actual game though, which is why there are only three actual sprites for the time being.

In the animation, there are two different styles. The first few frames have him moving, using his standing frame in the middle of the movement, yet in the later half of the animation I don't use the standing frame. Wasn't sure which looked better.

Background was ripped from Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland by HyperGumba.

TestWalk.gif

And since this was a minor update, I messed around a little and made a familiar face in a style I'm not use to making him in.

WithRaizou.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ledian evolution bothered me a ton. Just couldn't figure out a design I liked for him for the longest time. Finally was able to settle on that, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

3rdgenFakemonSheet6.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Potentially the style we'll be using for the RPG.

Ryu looks weird when he isn't super short. Not sure on size yet, probably going to wait till I get a few of the other characters made, and then I'll decide.

A few options for fur colors. Going to talk to the character's creator to pick one.

The guy on the left is from Soul Nomad. I'm a fan of NIS style sprites, and this style I think will allow us to show off our character's designs well. A lot of thought has to be put into this type of thing though, so we might abandon the style. We have to keep in mind enemy sprites too, and how we handle them.

So I know it's probably not best to start working on the sprites like this before I get the creator's input, but I was in the mood to sprite something like this, so if we decide to do something else, then so be it.

RPGBattleRyuSoul.png

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well here we go, Team Rocket is pretty much complete.

I apologize for Jame's green hair. Trust me, I spent I think over an hour trying to change it. From the research I was able to dig up, you can't apparently change the palette on Bowser's sprite, so I don't think I will be able to alter it myself. I hear with enough hacking skill one can though, so actual hacks using these sprites will hopefully have people who can bother to change it.

Also for anyone out there who might be kind of stupid: The music, voices, and the zooming in are not in game. It is just video editing.

Changing Peach and Mecha Koopas will come later. Probably Wigglytuff and Wobufette. Might still do a joke switch of Peach for Ash in dress. Not sure if I'll stick with just Ash in dress, or go with his female counterpart from the Erika episode. Female counterpart could make sense canon-wise, Ash in dress would be more recognizable. I guess I can always just do three version too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLiJa8SclwM

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Could use a little bit of help everyone.

Working on some Fakemon, I was liking where I was going, then bam!

I now have three different designs for the 'eye' on his back. I wasn't intending it to be a real eye, just sort of a pattern. Yet I can't decide between the few ways I have it drawn. The first is nice and simple, but I worry about how it doesn't stick out well. The second sticks out a little better, but something seems off. The third sticks out great, but it's starting to look too real, too complex for a simple marking possibly. As I'm typing this, I tried turning the first one's color around so the eye was black instead of purple, and that might work.

So does one in particular look nice to any of you? Is there perhaps a 4th option that might work better? I tried a few other color combinations too, but I just don't know. Any comments, CnC, or critique would be greatly appreciated!

1ikk5t.png

Years
I'm definitely going to go with the third one here.

In my opinion, the purple in the first sprite blends in a lot with the red and it's difficult to really pay attention much less notice what it is; in the second, the black detracts attention from everything else (I imagine something lighter and not darker colors or black in that spot). It's too eye-grabbing and doesn't seem to match the sprite overall. I think the third version is best when it comes to sprite appeal and how well it matches the rest of its design.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok, so opinions on which is best are all over the place right now =P

Seriously, for the most part, all three designs have been equally liked seemingly.

So to complicate matters, I made even more designs:

dcg41w.png

I have some new palettes and a new eye design.

Right now I'm leaning towards 16, but I'd still love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
So voting on Ariados evolution didn't yield a perfect result. Overall, it was almost even between realistic and non-realistic. non-realistic had just a few more votes for it, and I personally liked it better. Sadly I now know that not everyone will like the choice I went with, but 51% at least will =P

Missile Pokemon is no longer an ice type. Ice skates weren't enough of a reason to make it an ice type, and I couldn't really come up with a different way to do it. It's all fine though, because I think it turned out better by going a more simplistic approach.

3rdgenFakemonSheet6-1.png

Back