• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eon Gliders Club: Latias and Latios

Which is better in your opinion- Latias or Latios?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Didn't in the film the twins have the power to see each others visions? I think they did.

I've heard so many rumors about twins real life having the unique ability to think alike and speak to another one in their mind. (Would this be true if there are twins in here?)

Would this be the reason the movie added this power to Latias/Latios? I find it quite fascinating.
I have a twin but we don't have anything like that :P :P

In what game did you catch your first Lati@s and how did you catch it?
i think so it was in sapphire and i used a master ball

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Where did you 1st catch a Lati?
Probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm posting this on PC, but that's not gonna stop me. My 1st Latios was caught in Emerald. I was surfing and it popped out of nowhere. I think I caught it with an Ultra Ball.

And there are a lot of supposedly "real life" stories of twins with special powers and bonds. This is a bit off topic, but I want to share one such story that I just remembered. It was about a woman who was sitting peacefully in her home and suddenly she started feeling extreme pain. Turns out that her twin sister died in a plane crash at the same time.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm posting this on PC, but that's not gonna stop me. My 1st Latios was caught in Emerald. I was surfing and it popped out of nowhere. I think I caught it with an Ultra Ball.

And there are a lot of supposedly "real life" stories of twins with special powers and bonds. This is a bit off topic, but I want to share one such story that I just remembered. It was about a woman who was sitting peacefully in her home and suddenly she started feeling extreme pain. Turns out that her twin sister died in a plane crash at the same time.

This sounds interesting. I'm gonna look into it some more and share my findings with you guys

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

You can find Lati@s on water? That's news to me. Really, I though Suicune was the only one who do that. Hmm....

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I thought that was just Entei and Raikou... Or am I wrong there?
dazed024.gif
All I know is that the Pokemon that can Levitate/Fly (Lati@s, Mespirit, Cresellia, Thundurus, Tornadus etc.) can be found in water. Not sure about he others though.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Roaming Pokemon such as the legendary beasts and Lati@s move from one route to another after being released. Whenever the trainer is in the same area as any of them, there's a chance that a wild encounter would choose the roamer instead of wild Pokemon usually available in that area. Since Surfing and walking through tall grass both trigger wild encounters, the roamers can be found while surfing. You can also find them while climbing a Waterfall.

Although I must admit, a swimming Entei is quite weird.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
That is an interesting thing to think about. I know a few pairs of twins, and I will ask them about it. (Though I may not get the truth...) Anywho, time for a new topic!

For me it was Sapphire. I used my master ball on it, mostly because I HATE tracking Pokemon like that. It drives me nuts.

I first caught Latias & Latios in Soul Silver I believe. I failed to get them in them in Sapphire and Ruby.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was surfing around Pacifidlog when I ran into Latias in Sapphire. I chased her around and finally met her in uhh the route above Slateport. I locked her in with Mean Look. I caught her in a Timer ball. ^3^

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Topic:

I caught it near Sootopolis.
And i used Gengar mean look and then just ultra balls.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
Name: gameplayer56
Partner: Latias
Reason for Joining: Since I've fallen in love with Latias, I've been waiting for someone to create a club for either Latias or for the Eon Pokemon. Now, that there is a club for that, I'm joining for that reason.
Who Recruited You (If needed): Cosmotone8

Topic:
2. Does anyone like the storyline of the Eon Twins in Pokemon Heroes: The Movie?
To be honest, I like the storyline (though I was jealous at the end. Anyone else saw that coming?), but could have been longer than what it was. But overall, I enjoy watching it the first, & I do continue watching the movie from time to time.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
hi there gameplayer! :) I was also jealous of Ash! She kissed him. -_-
I'd go through the wildest spiking thorn volcanoic eurption just go get a kiss by her :O LOL

I only caught Latias and Latios in SoulSilver...unfortunately. Just glad I could finally catch them for once!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I'd go through the wildest spiking thorn volcanoic eurption just go get a kiss by her :O LOL

I only caught Latias and Latios in SoulSilver...unfortunately. Just glad I could finally catch them for once!

Yeah! Even if it is Bianca or latias, I would... yeah!

Congratulations! At least you did.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the club, gameplayer!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm not good with stories, but mind if I start a new topic to go alongside it for other people that aren't? x]

Where do you think the names Latias and Latios came from?

I honestly have no idea at all, partly why I'm asking! I know that -as means female and -os means male, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say 'Lati' probably refers to some kind of technical jet engine thing? That is a complete stab in the dark, what do y'all think? :3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Where do you think the names Latias and Latios came from?

:3

The Eon Twins can fly faster than a Jet plane itself. But where do I think the name originate from? The name originate from a Latin word, 'Lateo.' Which means:

1. lie hidden lurk
  2. live a retired life
  3. escape notice

And they both are twins but they are completely opposite in so many ways. The 'A' suffix is mainly describe toward female, hence, Nidorina, while the 'O' suffix is mainly describe toward male, hence, Nidorino.

Now that I answered the topic, I want to also point out an interesting fact about these Eon Twins:

• Inspiration from the philosophy of yin and yang
  • Based on aeons in Gnosticism
  • ^ Being that certain aeons are immaterial beings of concepts existing in pairs of males and females emanated from God and one another
  • Species is "Eon," as you may know, but are also based on birds!
  • Latias (NOT Latios included) has a 'shared origin' with Blaziken, which could be based on Junglefowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back