• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby Team

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Me and some friends from school decided to start playing our old Pokemon 3rd gen games. We are going to all make teams and have a tournament. (No Legendarys). I am playing Ruby but I have Emerald & Fr/Lg to use for trades and ect. Can you guys please give me some feedback on my team?

Blazikan Adamant (EV Attack & Speed)
Earthquake
Overheat/Fire Blast
Sky Uprucut
RockSlide

Kingdra Calm (EV Sp Def. & Def/HP) - Leftovers
Toxic
DoubleTeam
IceBeam
Surf

Scizor Adamant (EV Attack & Defenses/Speed)
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Hyper Beam
Swords Dance

Gardevoir Modest (EV Sp Attack & Sp Defense)
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Magical Leaf
CalmMind

Umbrion Calm (EV Sp Def. & Defense/HP)
Wish or Moonlight
ConfuseRay
Faint Attack
Toxic

Salamance Adamant (EV Attack & Speed)
Fly
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
IDK if bullet punch existed back in Gen 3, but if it did than a good Scizor set up would be Attack & defense EV's (maybe speed), Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Pursuit and steel wing (i don't think u-turn existed)

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
No it doesnt exist in gen 3. And also I'm considering switching scizor for a skarmory with
Spikes
Sky Attack
Steel Wing
Whirlwind

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Skarmory may be better if only because Scizor's better traits are more 4th gen onwards, imo. Maybe some flying type move over Sky Attack too given the charge time? (E.g. if you could breed Drill Peck over... but idk how possible that is =/) Dragon Claw on Salamence might be worth considering too over Fly.

I'll move this to In-game Team Rate as this probably fits there best, it being a 3rd gen tournament between friends.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Yeah it slipped my mind that sky attack was a two turn move.
I replaced scizor with a skarmory that knows Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Spikes, Roar
and I also am planning on switching out Blazikan for Metagross.
It has a Jolly nature and perfect IV's in Hp, Defense, Sp Defense, and a 24+ iv in attack. It's speed is not that great regardless of its Jolly Nature but I am planning on EV training it in 50% attack 25% speed and 25% hp.
It's moveset is BrickBreak, Meteor Mash, Aerial Ace, and Rain Dance.
I know most people would say switch rain dance for earthquake and I see why. But, the purpose of earthquake would be to cover its fire weakness right? Well Rain Dance will lower fire attacks by 50%. And the other moves it knows covers most of the same types as earthquake would. And i can 1hitKO most things with meteor mash anyways. In addition, the rain dance is used so I can switch Kingdra and then max out double team.
What do you guys think?
And also I'm debating on switching Umbreon for Dusclopse as an Annoyer/Tank? It would be much easier to get and WoW appose to Toxic would be better for tanking. However I like Umbreons Wish and speed. Also Dusclopse's hp stat worries me.

Oh, I just got an idea of giving Skarmory double team instead of steel wing! Good choice?

Last edited:
Back