• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Here's something about that straight from the OP:
Bugs and Notices said:
-I did not, nor do I plan on doing, a single thing to the Hoenn 'mons. This is 251 and will stay 251. You can still hack them in yourself if you wish to have one ingame, just keep this in mind beforehand.
-That said, I also will not be adding in Gen IV or VI evolutions, or any new Pokemon.

To put it short and blunt, I have no plans for megas. The only ones I would find actually useful for this case are in Hoenn, and even they're still overpowered for this hack (and those would majorly involve the Fairy type which I purposely left out of this game, due to not being nearly as much use for it compared to later games). I did give some Pokemon that have Gen IV evolutions (namely, everyone except Rhydon, Magneton, and Porygon2) their stat/moveset boosts due to the fact that every single one needed it very badly either because it can't stand out by the time you can catch it (also why Pidgeot happened), were useful for the sake of the damage split/new moves (partly why Electrode and Persian happened), or is a big misuse of a neat and rare Pokemon. However ramping it up to include Megas isn't a very good idea, because quite frankly nothing that has one needs it that badly enough.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
But they still look cool..
You can always hack them in yourself using the (apparent) data already present. Sprites for megas exist on the separate Gen VI sprite project.

Pre-4.02, also known as "I've ran out of fun sounding version numbers:"

-I repointed Mew's script, because the new patch overwrote the event.
-Altered a couple Trainers to add Gastro Acid.
-Corrected some TM and Tutor learnsets.
-Every Wild Non-Legendary Pokemon may now hold at least one item. There's too much to say here on terms of specifics. I thought that with Thief and Covet both being available so early, this may be something very much welcome (while being completely optional) and would give the moves some more use. Mostly it's berries and minor things (VERY exploitable in the early game for those who hate status by the way), but you can get items not normally available in FR and even the new items via this method though (Postgame Pokemon hold the new items). Do not worry too much, I have put the important items on more than one Poke. In particular, Altering Cave encounters tend to have them pretty commonly.
-Ability changes. There are definitely a few big things to note here, especially for those updating in the middle of a game. Nothing gamebreaking at all, just note that your Voltorb/Electrode, Magnemite/Magneton, or Staryu/Starmie will have an ability change.

Spoiler:

-Knock Off has been buffed to it's Gen VI stats. This is to match the buff already applied to it. Big trainers still don't hold a ton of items so this helps mostly for wilds. I'll probably add items to final trainers later on, so this attack could get progressively more useful.
-Rombase is now in 1.4:
-The new items everyone likes are in: Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, and Assault Vest.
-Worry Seed and Gastro Acid have been put in. I haven't found uses for Boomburst and Incinerate yet.
-Analytic, Sand Rush, Aftermath, No Guard, and Cursed Body are in. Gooey and Iron Barbs are as well, but I haven't much use for these in this hack.
-Ability bug fixes everywhere.
-New animation for Stone Edge.
-Quick Claw bug fix.
-Knock Off Buff.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd9oig3t4qyaqt1/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__Pre-4.0_2.ips

You may call this a beta. I've been doing a lot, and quite frankly I wanted the rombase to be updated soon as I could. Feedback on the item situation is appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I was just thinking, Gooey would be a cool ability for Muk and Grimer. They are pretty "gooey." They ARE sludge, after all.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I was just thinking, Gooey would be a cool ability for Muk and Grimer. They are pretty "gooey." They ARE sludge, after all.
...Why didn't I think of that earlier? It could replace one of the present abilities easily, especially Stench in it's present form.

I think I'll put that in the next update.The new abilities would probably be Sticky Hold/Gooey, so that those with a trade Grimer get the ability.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Just started playing and I love it. Although I don't know were to get squirtle and bulbasaur can I please know where to find them? Thank you

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Just started playing and I love it. Although I don't know were to get squirtle and bulbasaur can I please know where to find them? Thank you
Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Lab. You get them in trades.

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I will actually have one more pre-release planned before 4.0. I have a thing or two that actually needs a little testing once I get around to finishing things up.

Years
I dunno if somebody already signaled that but that's the second Pokémon I meet who gets Poisoned but doesn't take damage afterwards.

The first one was Clefairy, I was surprised but I thought it was because of Magic Guard

However the second one was Sandshrew and I checked, it's not supposed to have any special ability of the sort (unless you gave him one)

They both got poisoned from the Poison Point of a Nidorino. Dunno if that's related but it's worth mentionining.

Btw do you plan on relocate some 2G Pokémon into Kanto to get them earlier or will you let it be as it is now ? (Unless it is already done? I don't remember having seen that in the first message) I don't mind either way, I'm just asking =)

EDIT : My Pidgeotto got poisoned by Poison powder and didn't take any damage, yup there's definitely some kind of glitch here... (however it DOES take damage when walking, so the issue gotta be about the battle, dunno if it's the same with the burn haxx)

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I dunno if somebody already signaled that but that's the second Pokémon I meet who gets Poisoned but doesn't take damage afterwards.

The first one was Clefairy, I was surprised but I thought it was because of Magic Guard

However the second one was Sandshrew and I checked, it's not supposed to have any special ability of the sort (unless you gave him one)

They both got poisoned from the Poison Point of a Nidorino. Dunno if that's related but it's worth mentionining.

Btw do you plan on relocate some 2G Pokémon into Kanto to get them earlier or will you let it be as it is now ? (Unless it is already done? I don't remember having seen that in the first message) I don't mind either way, I'm just asking =)

EDIT : My Pidgeotto got poisoned by Poison powder and didn't take any damage, yup there's definitely some kind of glitch here... (however it DOES take damage when walking, so the issue gotta be about the battle, dunno if it's the same with the burn haxx)

Thank you for mentioning this, as I just encountered this myself and was looking to see if anyone else did! The Poison glitch came from the rombase apparently. It'll be fixed when 1.4a comes out, which I will update to almost immediately when it arrives. Indeed, it is a very odd and annoying bug. o.O

As for Pokemon locations, I don't plan on relocating really anything else. So outside of 2G evolutions (which are enabled before you get the National Dex, though not even the Elite Four uses them until rematches in case someone wanted to go vanilla) you won't find anything until postgame.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
Hello Projectwolfe. I just started playing your hack and noticed that my Charmander's speed was 8 when I had a Naive nature. I went into GBAPGE and found that its base speed was 25 instead of 65. Was this intentional or is it an error/bug?

This hack looks great by the way! It's amazing that you added the new items the the Assualt Vest and the new abilities! I'll be doing a nuzlocke of this game. ^_^

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hello Projectwolfe. I just started playing your hack and noticed that my Charmander's speed was 8 when I had a Naive nature. I went into GBAPGE and found that its base speed was 25 instead of 65. Was this intentional or is it an error/bug?

This hack looks great by the way! It's amazing that you added the new items the the Assualt Vest and the new abilities! I'll be doing a nuzlocke of this game. ^_^

That was a bug in my rombase, I'd been testing the choice scarf, and forgot to put Charmander back to 65.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Whoops! I did not catch that beforehand and I'll have it fixed next release. It evolves into the correct speed after that, so yout shouldn't worry. Just be careful with that fact in a nuzlocke if you haven't fixed it yourself with tools yet. >.<

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Whoops! I did not catch that beforehand and I'll have it fixed next release. It evolves into the correct speed after that, so yout shouldn't worry. Just be careful with that fact in a nuzlocke if you haven't fixed it yourself with tools yet. >.<

1.4a is out (that also fixes the speed thing, so you won't need to)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
Don't worry I fixed it ;). Another bug I've noticed however is that my Pokemon don't seem to be taking damage from poison in battle the animation shows up but no damage is taken. It works outside of battle however.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Don't worry I fixed it ;). Another bug I've noticed however is that my Pokemon don't seem to be taking damage from poison in battle the animation shows up but no damage is taken. It works outside of battle however.

I'm rolling out a fixed version for that reeeeeally soon since 1.4a is out, along with a couple other goodies.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
4.0 Release Candidate:
-This is the last sprite update. Every single sprite from the first two generations has now been updated. Please let me know if altitude settings or sprite positions in general on ANY sprite feel off.
-The PokeMart in the Trainer Tower now sells every single TM.
-I Changed TM prices to compensate, I'm not letting you off that easy.
-I gave Grimer/Muk Gooey as requested. If you have one it's ability will change no matter what.
-Charmander's speed being 25 is fixed back to 65.
-Rombase is now 1.4a:
-Blizzard and Hurricane now work at 100% accuracy in Hail and Rain respectively.
-Bugfixes for various abilities
-Poison damage works properly now.
-A lot more decap
-Life Orb, Rocky Helmet, and Black Sludge are in. I've changed some items around to compensate, and they're still found the same way as the other new items (Black Sludge in particular is pretty easy to figure out, because only one new Pokemon in postgame can actually use it without hurting itself). Yes, they're still rather easy to steal. Also related to this, Unown now has a hold item.
-Some abilities have been added but you won't see them in the game, as the only purpose for some of these in this particular hack would be for mega evos. Sorry!

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7bafsls954etwb/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__4.0_RC.ips

MrDollSteak

Years
4.0 Release Candidate:
-This is the last sprite update. Every single sprite from the first two generations has now been updated. Please let me know if altitude settings or sprite positions in general on ANY sprite feel off.
-The PokeMart in the Trainer Tower now sells every single TM.
-I Changed TM prices to compensate, I'm not letting you off that easy.
-I gave Grimer/Muk Gooey as requested. If you have one it's ability will change no matter what.
-Charmander's speed being 25 is fixed back to 65.
-Rombase is now 1.4a:
-Blizzard and Hurricane now work at 100% accuracy in Hail and Rain respectively.
-Bugfixes for various abilities
-Poison damage works properly now.
-A lot more decap
-Life Orb, Rocky Helmet, and Black Sludge are in. I've changed some items around to compensate, and they're still found the same way as the other new items (Black Sludge in particular is pretty easy to figure out, because only one new Pokemon in postgame can actually use it without hurting itself). Yes, they're still rather easy to steal. Also related to this, Unown now has a hold item.
-Some abilities have been added but you won't see them in the game, as the only purpose for some of these in this particular hack would be for mega evos. Sorry!

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7bafsls954etwb/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__4.0_RC.ips

Just FYI, Life Orb increases damage but doesn't damage the user (yet)
Rocky Helmet does nothing (but it looks nice)
Black Sludge is a leftovers clone (for now)

They'll all be ready by 1.4b or 1.5,
I'm working on them now, I just figured I should release 1.4a without them, because
I've received so many PMs and seen so many people reporting the poison glitch.

BTW I've found out why Tyranitar didn't work for Gary,
it's because Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning are broken (for now)
Basically Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes for whatever reason mess with the routine for
switch in effects causing alot of odd things to be loaded.
I'm trying to fix this for 1.4b or 1.5 too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back