• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Post-game Speculation Thread

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I don't think having the main story flow over into the post-game would be a really good idea, honestly. The credits usually come after the climax of the story is finished- they mark the conclusion, like the credits of a movie do. Having a plot of some sort for the post-credits game would be fine, but it shouldn't overshadow what happened earlier.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Would anyone love to see a post game boss like Red was in Johto. I don't mean like a full other region, but like some epic final Boss after the E4. I guess we had some in previous gens. But I like the whole Climb a huge mountain then having a battle to be remembered vs. one of the best trainers ever. Would anyone else look forward to this.

Yes, yes please. I think part of the greatness of GSC/HGSS was having a final boss to work towards to beating, and it gave me continuity further than just playing. It let me keep playing, and instead of just feeling like I hit a dead end I had no problem continuing to grind/go through Kanto/fight the Elite Four again. I could imagine them doing this with Hilbert/Hilda this generation. Maybe make each one of them a version exclusive final boss? Hilbert in X and Hilda in Y?

I don't think having the main story flow over into the post-game would be a really good idea, honestly. The credits usually come after the climax of the story is finished- they mark the conclusion, like the credits of a movie do. Having a plot of some sort for the post-credits game would be fine, but it shouldn't overshadow what happened earlier.

The difference between this and a movie though is that once the credits roll in the game, it turns back on for you to continue. I'd love to see some continuation for the story, because things can't happen instantly in the region, and it'd be some better closure than a quick flash on the screen and then every bad guy vanishes.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I would love to have Gym Leader rematches again. It's fun to rebattle the gym leaders when they have more Pokemon, higher leveled teams, etc.

Years
I never really play the post game, and here's why: After playing through the entire game, it just feels like a hassle that there are suddenly all these new places and lack-luster (for me at least) things to do if I want to complete the game. Like the battle frontier just feels repetitive and the sages thing was kind of a hassle because it was just: revisit everywhere to find one person.

Even though I said I didn't like the sages thing, I'd want to see something similar in that you revisit places you had been to in the region. I'd love if the post game was story based, and there was some reason you had to go back to previous areas for a quest or whatever where the area would have changed slightly or a lot, and you'd explore that new part to do whatever it is you had to do. (sorry my description is so vague :P) Also, I'd love if there was something like the memory link, but it was just flashbacks, and you'd meet up with characters that were somehow tied to the place you were revisiting and then there would be an awesome flashback. And that way it could be a really well developed post game since GF wouldn't have to waste their time making completely new locations! (these locations would be a little tricky to find like the hidden hollows or something) I hope at least some of that made sense :(

Back