• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
So this is a question about preordering, I'm planning to preorder the FF XIII-2 Collectors edition in store at Gamestop soon, but I was wondering, is there a limit to how many preorders they can get? I heard some of my friends talking about how there are a certain amount of limited or collecters edition of games, even if you're preordering them. Is it true?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
How much data is on a PS2 game disc? and how much on a 3DS cartridge?

I was just wondering because a lot of games for the 3DS are remakes of console games. I wanted to know if it was possible for FF12 Zodiac Job System to fit on a 3DS card.

Years
@Charizard: There probably is a limit, but if you pre-order it now they'll probably have enough of them manufactured for you to get one.

@SnowpointQuincy: PS2 discs were DVD-ROMs, so they probably held 4.7 GB of game data, but a lot of that may have been compressed to fit on the disc. Though they could have been dual-layer DVDs, which would mean that they would have held closer to 8.5 GB of data. By comparison, a 3DS cartridge can apparently hold up to 8 GB of data, though most titles are only using 2GB cartridges.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2011
I wanna buy pokemon white and pokemon platinum but first i need a nintendo ds yeah lol i haven't advanced from the game boy advanced yet. So should i buy a dsi or a 3ds? i'm thinking of a 3ds because well it's new and probably the future pokemon games will be 3ds exclusive.

So what do you guys think? I would go for the 3ds right now but i've seen that some people have trouble with pokemon white connecting to the internet etc..

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
No, none of them are scratched and no there's no red ring of death either! That was what I looked for 1st.

EDIT: I have more than 20 games and it doesn't read any of them which I found to be odd.

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
Years
No, none of them are scratched and no there's no red ring of death either! That was what I looked for 1st.

EDIT: I have more than 20 games and it doesn't read any of them which I found to be odd.
You may have over-heated your Xbox 360. Try cleaning it (or sending it to Microsoft, whichever you find easier), and see if it helps.

Years
My Xbox 360 has the same issue. It could also be that the laser inside is damaged (like, it's been scratched). You may need to send it for repairs.

Yeah. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, don't open it up and clean. If the DVD drive is dead, then a new one is a relatively cheap fix provided you don't kill the Xbox itself.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I saw Fallout: New Vegas was on Mighty Ape for $30 and was wondering if anyone here has played it. Did you enjoy it? I am considering buying it, just wondering.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'm not sure about in Australia, but New Vegas is a budget $20 title here. I've heard it's a really good game but very buggy, and it's pretty much the exact same game as Fallout 3 just in a different setting. So if you liked Fallout, I'd think it's definitely worth a look...but like I said, it's a budget title now.

Years
I'm not sure about in Australia, but New Vegas is a budget $20 title here. I've heard it's a really good game but very buggy, and it's pretty much the exact same game as Fallout 3 just in a different setting. So if you liked Fallout, I'd think it's definitely worth a look...but like I said, it's a budget title now.
We cop the Aussie tax. Steam price is $40, more in most stores. Don't even start me on prices here. Most new games are $80-100.
Does anyone know how to fix a DS Lite's D-Pad?
If you're up to it, you can order a new one from somewhere like Dealextreme and pull apart the DS casing, swap out the D-Pad.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
finally got a ds (video game suggestions please)

i just got a ds lite and own only two games atm....and have pretty specific tastes plus the fact that there are just so many games on this little system that i dont know where to start i decided to ask you guys

im looking for games ranging from AAA to obscure or underrated cult classics(graphics and story are not driving factors but are a plus). specifically i want long games, preferably ones that continue beyond the main quest with either plenty side quests or multiplayer or both,rpgs are a definite favorite particularly ones with fun level grinding,desirable loot,skill oriented,and that have a good online community either in game or meta game. sims such as animal crossing or harvest moon are desired (there are too many harvest moon games to just pick one at game stop randomly). lastly i want a game that is addicitve and just fun to play.

ps.dont reccommend pokemon or final fantasy games i intend on getting them all eventuallly

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Pokemon

I guess you should try The World Ends With You. (aka TWEWY)

For more infomation about it you can google it.

Back