• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I like Water-types on the whole but I can never shake the feeling of "oh you're so common" with most of them - it's not necessarily a bad thing because I love things like Pidgey and Poochyena, but when they're meant to be so majestic and elusive and such it gets kind of annoying seeing them every 5 seconds haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I love Water types which is a problem because there are still plenty of them that I haven't used that I want to. Luckily thanks to a Water Solo Run on FireRed I got six of them out of the way but there are still several more out there that I would love to use someday. Thankfully there is only one in Kalos so far that I really want to use and its none other than Froakie. ♥

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I dare you to do a solo run with Luvdisc. I think that'd drive anyone insane. It is one more to cross off your list at least ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh gosh that would be horrible. ;__; I would be fine with doing it but Luvdisc doesn't have the greatest movepool. Furret was possible because its movepool is at least diverse so I was able to manage (and actually did pretty well despite Return and Shadow Claw being my two attacking moves!) I think I would rather do it with Dunsparce.

Though this does remind me that I should finish my Porygon2 Solo run sometime.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

I'm more of an Alomomola person. Its design isn't as plain as Luvdisc and I think sunfish are really cool. On the topic of challenges, I started one a few months ago and have yet to finish it... It was the Location Challenge and I chose White 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I have four challenges I need to finish I think? Lemme think.

- Gender Discrimination on Heart Gold (ROM)
- Solo Porygon2 Run on White
- Red Challenge on FireRed
- The Ones that Got Away Challenge on Platinum (ROM)

Yep sounds about right. But instead I've been playing Pokemon XD. I beat Greevil for the first time (since my first file got corrupted because my Memory Card is kinda damaged) so just purifying Pokemon so I can get Dragonite and such. There's less to do in the end game it seems than in Colosseum.

Wobbu

Years

I'm currently playing XD, also. I'm right outside that big dome where you battle Greevil and XD001, but I can't beat that guy with blue hair (I can't remember his name). So I'm training at Mt. Battle. On the bright side, I've caught every shadow Pokémon available up to that point.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I didn't have too much trouble again that guy. Though the red guy after him but before Greevil was a pain in the butt. Also the person with the Shadow Dugtrio for some god awful reason. I missed one Shadow Pokemon (Nosepass) but I caught it later from Miror B when I had the chance. My key was using primarily Shadow Pokemon who have one or two of their normal moves especially against Greevil and his six Shadow Pokemon. Definitely worked better than my first playthrough when I had a team of non-shadows. :'D

Wobbu

Years

I made it in a rule in this playthrough to not use shadow Pokémon :P
My team is: Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Ampharos, Ursaring, Medicham, and Walrein.
Not too long ago I tried to connect my Emerald version to XD, but since my Emerald was illegitimate (I didn't know that until after I bought it) all of my 30 hours of data was erased :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

All this talk about shadow Pokémon is making me wish I'd played the Colosseum games. Are they worth buying and playing still?

Wobbu

Years

YES

They're a little different from the main games and I really enjoy the music. You'll spend most of the time battling, but the battles are really fun. A nice 3D field, great music, and good Pokémon and attack animations keep the battles entertaining.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

So it's basically just constant Pokémon battling but with prettier animations? XD How do you get Pokémon for your team?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You snag Shadow Pokemon and purify them. The Pokemon you snag (plus your starter(s)) you can then use for a team. You're pretty limited to the Pokemon that you can use in the game because in Colosseum only 48 Pokemon are snaggable and in XD there are.. 82 I think? So it gives you the chance to use Pokemon you would never otherwise use and since its pretty much purely Double battle they might have niches they wouldn't normally have either.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Aw man, I don't even like double battles lmao. So it's all double battles and you hardly get a choice of what you use...? Is there a free play mode or something that's less restrictive? :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You'd be surprise how much you could possibly enjoy the game. There are someone else that didn't really think of it all too much because of all the double-battles but when he replayed it recently he thought more of it. And like I said before you're restrictive but it gives you a chance to use Pokemon you would never otherwise use in your other Pokemon games. But yeah, that's pretty much it. Only time you single is during battle mode and that's after you beat the storyline iirc.

Colosseum and XD are definitely those 'don't judge it before you play it' type of games. I'm sure many other people like you thought iffy on it because of double battles + limited Pokemon but they're pretty popular for a reason.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Hmm okay, I think I'll try them then! Is there any benefit to playing Colloseum before XD or can they be played equally well in any order? I'm interested to know what this whole shadow Pokémon thing is about.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

XD is the sequel to Colosseum. You don't have to play them in order unless you're one of those who like to play a story from start to end since XD I believe makes references to the last game and there are characters who are in both games (like Miror B). So I guess you can say that they're like Black/White and Black2/White2. You don't have to but the story connects enough that it'll be helpful if you do.

Wobbu

Years

You can also trade your Pokémon from RSEFRLG, but I think that it's a post game feature (and you need a special cord). If you play it, be sure to do the Mt. Battle challenge. It's my favorite battle challenge in all of the Pokémon games. I like it more than the Battle Frontier challenges, that tower in White/Black 2, and that tall tree in Black/White 2, etc.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I think I'll have to emulate them rather than using the actual console haha, but I will certainly try that battle challenge! Might even make this into a Let's Play - could be more of a reason to finish it.

Back